Terminator - Dark Fate

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I truly thing this will be the last Terminator film, at least for many years 

Genisys did abysmal in the US but actually did okay in Asia. It was a dumb/colorful/convoluted/turn brain off for "fun" crapfest more akin to a Transformers, Pirates, or Fast and Furious film than T1 and T2.  Those movies do well overseas. This looks like a washed out, dreary, grim movie with yet another TERMINATOR IS AFTER US plot that rehashed plot points from the other bad sequels. 

Come on man, have some hope. I have read about this entire supposed plot, but that's not the entire script of the movie, just some spoilers. It may be very well written.

Also keep in mind that there has been many different "leaked spoilers"  

Spoiler

some versions with john alive and other with john being killed at the begining

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

So how the heck did Arnie survive T2 as he is a terminator there?

He’s supposed to be a Terminator who arrived off screen with the T-1000 in T2. Doesn’t make sense why he never caught up to the action in that movie, but that’s the idea.

This movie is going to be very divisive and in many ways, off -putting...but the feeling I’m getting is that it will be a really solid thriller and the character development will be worthy.

I can’t speak to the plot trajectory, but as far as the action goes, I think this one will be really satisfying.

58 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

He’s supposed to be a Terminator who arrived off screen with the T-1000 in T2. Doesn’t make sense why he never caught up to the action in that movie, but that’s the idea.

That is a, ''my long lost brother'' (who nobody ever mentioned until now) soap opera bollocks. 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2019 at 11:09 PM, RussTCB said:

First trailer looked shit compared to that, that actually looks decent.

To have Linda actually hyping it up means a lot more than Arnold or James as I don’t believe she would reprise her role unless the story was good.

It looks way more in the vein of t1 and t2.

hopefully we get the movie whe should have got way back in 2004 instead of t3

• Like 2

james cameron said that edward furlong is in the movie. That's not really up to interpretation. Wether archival footage or not, doesn't matter either. It's all about the character John Connor played by edward. It's not a celebrity show or something. I'll be happy either way.

But if he isn't (wether archival footage or not), cameron's just a fraud / clueless making up false hype as he goes along. That would mean the movie is a serious trainwreck beyond saving, not good enough in its own right to generate hype.

But I keep my hopes up. There are negative signs, sure, but also positive ones from credible sources. Any other movie I'd lost interest by now, but this is terminator man. I'm giving this all the chance in the world.

Edited by action

1 minute ago, action said:

james cameron said that edward furlong is in the movie. That's not really up to interpretation. Wether archival footage or not, doesn't matter either. It's all about the character John Connor played by edward. It's not a celebrity show or something. I'll be happy either way.

But if he isn't (wether archival footage or not), cameron's just a fraud / clueless making up false hype as he goes along. That would mean the movie is a serious trainwreck beyond saving, not good enough in its own right to generate hype.

But I keep my hopes up. There are negative signs, sure, but also positive ones from credible sources. Any other movie I'd lost interest by now, but this is terminator man. I'm giving this all the chance in the world.

If he’s in it I hope they put the tubby cunt on a treadmill. Dude looks like a potato on meth. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

Put it this way, if they do a CGI version of young Eddie Furlong and then Eddie Furlong does the voice-over dialog...Eddie Furlong is in the movie...

If anybody thinks burn-out Eddie is going to feature in this movie, well...keep smoking that good shit.

It’s a real shame because he’s a great actor when he’s off the crack pipe. American History X was brilliant. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Jude Collie (Edward's body double in Dark fate) and Brett Azar (Arnold's body double also seen in Genisys)

24fba55.jpg

Apparently the start of dark fate will have a flashback to immediately after T2 in which John Connor appears as a child and is killed

• Confused 1

I'm indifferent to this movie. I'll probably see it while it's out but I'm going in with zero expectations. The fact that Hamilton is praising it means nothing to me honestly. All that could mean is that she was paid enough to return to the franchise and say positive things. I'm not saying it's going to be bad, I'm just saying that I'm not assuming it'll be good. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm indifferent to this movie. I'll probably see it while it's out but I'm going in with zero expectations. The fact that Hamilton is praising it means nothing to me honestly. All that could mean is that she was paid enough to return to the franchise and say positive things. I'm not saying it's going to be bad, I'm just saying that I'm not assuming it'll be good. 

I'll say it. It'll be terrible :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a fairly strong feeling that the movie won't be terrible. In fact, I have a feeling that it will be a great film in spite of how fast and loose it is going to play with Terminator mythology.

We've had any number of Terminator sequels that aimed to follow in the footsteps of the Cameron characters, but despite that, they've been awful.

Now that we're throwing away everything except Arnold and Linda...is it possible to have a movie that fails to honor the original story, but blows our socks off in terms of how good it is on its own merits?

I think the movie will be damn good but I think the story will leave a whole lot of disappointed Terminator fans.

On 24/07/2019 at 7:01 AM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I didn't know this was going to be R rated. I'm softening my hate.

Yeah, I’m not sold on that either.

They were like “look, we’re rated R, so that means it’s gonna be good!”

Not necessarily.

1 hour ago, appetite4illusions said:

This is a pretty funny video. Hits the nail on the head on how Terminator can't help but recycle everything about itself. I can only imagine how much more is in Dark Fate that we've seen before in other Terminator films.

To be fair, all the sequels are a rehash of T1. Skynet sends back a Terminator to change the past. How many times did they do it and never realize it doesn't work! lol. It's just a movie. Take your old lady, get some popcorn and enjoy the show. It's all good fun.

Edited by 31illusions