2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I'm probably the only one and I don't want to make people mad. But the more I listen to everything from the CD era, the more I start disliking Axl's clean vocals. Like a lot. It's not good, it's not Axl and it's certainly not GN'R for me. I like Hard School's chorus, some of the verses on Better and even tho I really don't like Scraped, at least he kinda brought his fucking voice.

Please don't shoot me down for this, it's my personal opinion and I'm not telling you to agree with me.

Instrumentally some of these leaks are fucking amazing, I really wonder why Axl decided to shelve them in favor of several tracks that made ChiDem. 

3 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

I'm probably the only one and I don't want to make people mad. But the more I listen to everything from the CD era, the more I start disliking Axl's clean vocals. Like a lot. It's not good, it's not Axl and it's certainly not GN'R for me. I like Hard School's chorus, some of the verses on Better and even tho I really don't like Scraped, at least he kinda brought his fucking voice.

Please don't shoot me down for this, it's my personal opinion and I'm not telling you to agree with me.

Instrumentally some of these leaks are fucking amazing, I really wonder why Axl decided to shelve them in favor of several tracks that made ChiDem. 

I'm with you, I can only hope that Axl redid some of these vocals during 2003-2010 or even with his 'Rock the Rock' voice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

So I just went through all the Disc screenshots and counted everything up. Once this all finished leaking, we will have nine new songs with vocals (eleven if you count Going Down and KOHD Acoustic) and TWENTY new instrumental songs.

so this basically gives us ChiDem 2 and an instrumental DOUBLE ALBUM!

not to mention all the old versions of the songs we already know (aka 2000 Intentions).

so that’s like FOUR albums in total, when you think about it... that’s crazy!!

Which four are the ones you mean? We have 5 now (not counting Silkworms, as that’s not a new song, or QS, which has no lyrics at this point).

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Which four are the ones you mean? We have 5 now (not counting Silkworms, as that’s not a new song, or QS, which has no lyrics at this point).

I was counting Hardschool, Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace, Going Down, Tommy Demo 1, Eye On You, Quick Song, KOHD Acoustic, and (once we get if), Nothing.

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was counting Hardschool, Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace, Going Down, Tommy Demo 1, Eye On You, Quick Song, KOHD Acoustic, and (once we get if), Nothing.

Ok, so counting only the Axl songs, it is 7 altogether, that is if we get QS with real lyrics, plus Nothing. I'm hoping for any future sessions.

2 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

What's this I hear about Korean hoarders having Zodiac and The General? Is it the usual troll or is it legit?

Anybody know anything more about this?

There's a LOT of stuff being claimed currently. We're doing what we can to get things confirmed or denied :)

• Thanks 2

Just now, ax1 said:

Anyone have a clue if the complete '99 Appettite remake was in the Chinese D. Locker? I know KOHD was released with the claim it came from that album. Maybe it was in the UYI locker instead?

The only disc with old songs that was in the CD locker was one which held the 2001 studio versions Electric KOHD (two takes), wttj, and acoustic KOHD. Only the last one has vocals. That has all leaked already.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Does anyone think that maybe the reason bigger media outlets like Rolling Stone, Loudwire, Classic Rock, etc haven’t ran this story yet is cause they’re waiting for the whole thing to leak so that they can do some kinda retrospective on it?

I think there may be a deal between them & Band, management or label to not draw attention to leaks, in return for interviews ect when a release happens. Complete guess though, I said this when Hardschool leaked but I'm even more convinced of it now.

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I think there may be a deal between them & Band, management or label to not draw attention to leaks, in return for interviews ect when a release happens. Complete guess though, I said this when Hardschool leaked but I'm even more convinced of it now.

Do you think hush money might also be involved?

Just now, Azifwekare said:

Rick said the locker included AFD 99, but then again, Rick has said a lot of things these last few months. Dragon? 21st disc? Pitman selling the 2010 album?

He also said there was 16 new songs with vocals, and we know now that this isn’t really the case.

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Do you think hush money might also be involved?

He also said there was 16 new songs with vocals, and we know now that this isn’t really the case.

I would have no way of knowing that.

Cant recall off the top of my head but I think we were told 16 songs with vocals, not 16 "new" songs.

So probably included Maddy CD The blues ect

It really is head-scratching why songs like Hardschool have just sat there. Hell, the entire CD experience has been head scratching since 1998. I've listened to this song non-stop for the past two days and the chorus is fantastic.  I'm glad they have finally seen the light of day, even if it is through the manner of *cough* an abandoned locker *cough*  The past 20 years have been a mess as a die hard Gn'R fan and it's nice to hear what was developing during this era.  I have a hunch this is the closest we'll ever get to new material so we may as well enjoy it for what it is.

14 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I would have no way of knowing that.

Cant recall off the top of my head but I think we were told 16 songs with vocals, not 16 "new" songs.

So probably included Maddy CD The blues ect

Then that would be 18 so far, not including any songs with vox we wouldn't know about yet

2 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Then that would be 18 so far, not including any songs with vox we wouldn't know about yet

Cant recall off the top of my head what we were told number wise for certain, will have to go back and read the start of that storage locker thread when I get chance.

46 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Conspiracy theorist, are we?

No, not generally. All seems a little convenient they ended up in a storage locker though.  It feels like the "grandma finds Action Comics #1 in attic" story.  With all of the controversy and drama surrounding the album it feels anticlimactic that they ended up in a forgotten locker somewhere.  Not complaining, as I'm happy to be hearing them. More oddities in the world of Gn'R. 

Edited by fantomas
  • Like 2