Dizzy Reed says the current GNR line-up is better than the original

Guest NGOG

http://g1.globo.com/musica/noticia/2014/03/tecladista-do-guns-n-roses-diz-que-formacao-atual-e-melhor-que-original.html

ROUGH TRANSLATION:

At the age of 50, 24 working in Guns , Dizzy says that playing is a matter of " survival." " I don't know anything else to do ," he says . The musician defends the Axl Rose's creative process , which took 15 years to release the album " Chinese Democracy " : "Worth the wait " he says.

Dizzy admits that today Guns is the "Axl's band " . With no original members as the guitarrists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, the keyboardist has no doubt that the control is in singer's hands. But sees no problem : "I'm sure Axl has always taken the correct decisions."

G1 - What is the difference on Guns from beginning to today?

Dizzy Reed - Were different people . Had an energy that came from the streets , in the 80's . When you join a band, there's such a " Musketeers " mentality , as a family . When I joined , Guns was already famous . There is a bit of the original energy, but not everyone came from that era . It's the same, but different.

G1 - But which band is better: the current or the original ?

Dizzy Reed - The current Guns is one of the best formations that the band ever had. We have three guitar players who are among the best in the world and a monstrous rhythm section . If I had to vote, i would vote on current formation .

G1 - Guns has already recorded new songs that remains unreleased ?

Dizzy Reed - We have recorded many songs . I don't know if we have anything finalized . But there's a lot out there that i hope that comes out soon . The sound comes from different places and the mixture turns on Guns N 'Roses . The lyrics are from Axl . For me , the inspiration comes from survival.

G1 - Survival in what sense ?

Dizzy Reed - The band is my survival , I don't know anything else to do . I look back and think, ' What could I do? ' When you start playing , you don't know how long it will last. And then one day you will wake up with the kids all grown up . I can't resolve to be something different now . Archaeologist, airline pilot ... No. I love what I do . And I have to do this.

G1 - In ' Chinese Democracy ' , you co-wrote for the first time. How is working with Axl ? By his delay time must be hard ...

Dizzy Reed - He doesn't give up making music in the best possible way. Many people make the mistake of saying [ carelessly ] : " This is what we have , let's record , I wrote this, so it's good ." These people will have at most just one hit . But axl works hard to do his best, whether in an album or a concert . He made ​​me better in these things . He leads the creative process at a high level . Ideas come and go and he is focused on what happens . He encourages everyone to participate. I wish that the recording don't takes so long, but it worth the wait .

G1 - Are you the oldest besides Axl . How you remained all these years in this band when so many people get in and out?

Dizzy Reed - You should ask them ( laughs ) . I never wanted to leave , and i was lucky to have other works too . I feel I belong to the band today , and never had any reason to go. I love the band. What else?

G1 - Guns is now seen as the 'Axl's band' . You have voice or he controls everything ?

Dizzy Reed - We have voice , but it's certainly Axl's band . No doubt on this . But it's a real band , and I'm lucky to be in it .

G1 - This control is different from the beginning ?

Dizzy Reed - Yes , today the band is certainly more on his control. But i'm sure Axl has always taken the right decisions for the band .

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 2

You should translate the comments as well :lol:

Well, I'd love not to be negative but, this interview is pathetic.

So people who don't take a long time to record will have mostly one hit? CD had how many? Priceless.

Current lineup better than the original? The guy has bills to pay.

Axl always makes the right decisions? Kids to feed.

Kudos to Dizzy for saying this is Axl's band and that being in the band the only thing he could do to get money.

Edited by ProstituteComa

It's cool when bands take pride in their music and take time to polish it to make, what in their minds is, the best music possible. But you also have to know where to draw the line. At some point it just have to be ready. You can't tinker with stuff forever. At some point the music suffers and it's gonna sound bad and too honed. It's sad that Axl doesn't know how to balance those things.

Well, it's not like he's going to say "Well, actually the old band was better" or anything.

True.

I think for most people, we understand the stance he has to take, but I don't know being so over the top is warranted. Its only going to get you grief.

Another interview in which nothing (new) is said. They have to do interviews because of the tour, I get that, but I think at this stage each member of the forum here could give those answers. His enthusiasm is underwhelming too: This is survival, I don't know anything else to do, Axl makes all the right decisions... Wow, how rock 'n roll, all psyched up...

Even with an ex-wife and kids, he's probably making more money now and busy doing what he loves than he did 20 years ago. He saw GNR back in the club days, so if he's talking about musicianship and technicalities, sure it's better.

I mean, what would he be doing right now, dueling pianos in a tourist trap bar, or teaching at Musicians Institute or playing on cruise ships? That's IF he had a job in music and not asking how you want your latte.

Yeah, better than the old line-up for sure, except that the old line-up wrote AFD, Lies and UYI I and II. And except that with the old line-up, Axl was able to release records and write great lyrics for songs that are now considered masterpieces among the fans.

I don't know about Reed, but I prefer musicians playing the material they wrote, they created instead of hiring people to replicate what others did. :shrugs:

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 4

Dizzy: I don't know if we have anything finalized :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

What a fucking joke this guy is..Dizzy please just leave the band..

Dizzy doesn't care if they release something. He is happy to have money in the bank and kiss Axl's ass for that..

Edited by gunnari
  • Like 1

Dizzy: I don't know if we have anything finalized :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

What a fucking joke this guy is..Dizzy please just leave the band..

That has been the whole motif for the last fucken 16 years. Axl has been working on songs since at least the late 90's and a member of the 'band' doesn't even know if anything is finished. The whole band is a laughing stock at this point. One album in the last 20 years. A great rock n' roll band now reduced to playing covers and hit songs written by guys no longer in the band. Victory or death huh Axl?

• Like 2

"These people will have at most just one hit"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

As opposed to the multi-hit album of Chinese Democracy?

Someone should tell this guy that concerning yourself so much with writing hits is a sure-fire way to ensure you end up with none.

This guy has had his tongue up Axl's asshole for so long one wonders if he can taste anything other than shit.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 2