Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, when there no ''chase'' he used to get depressed and inject at Baker Street. Watson tried to keep him off it. 

Yeah, it was always at the end solving a case when he had fuck all else doing.  Then his gay lover Watson would get jealous that he weren't gettin' his attention in his free time :lol:

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, it was always at the end solving a case when he had fuck all else doing.  Then his gay lover Watson would get jealous that he weren't gettin' his attention in his free time :lol:

Nothing gay about John Watson. Wounded in the Second Anglo-Afghan War doing his duty for empire. Later married Mary Morstan.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nothing gay about John Watson. Wounded in the Second Anglo-Afghan War doing his duty for empire. Later married Mary Morstan.

Yeah, he finds her in one of the story stories, doesn't he?  The one with the boat escaping at the end with all the treasure on it. 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎15 at 6:48 PM, wondering where's izzy? said:

Anyone ever read Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer? 

Years and years ago..all I remember is that it is fantastic. Are you reading it now? I think they even made a miniseries of it, but I'm not sure if it was any good.

Edited by Whiskey Rose

On 10/20/2017 at 4:44 AM, Sosso said:

You'll not be disappointed! They are absolutely fascinating and worthy to read. Forget the film.

My favourite book of the series is problably The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three

What's the deal with the last book? They say it's like book 4.5

So do you read it last like it came out or read it between books 4 and 5?

5 hours ago, J Dog said:

What's the deal with the last book? They say it's like book 4.5

So do you read it last like it came out or read it between books 4 and 5?

Yes, the story takes place between the books 4 and 5. But it's a stand alone Story, so you can read it at any point after book four

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Do any of you have Kindles? If so, what are your thoughts on them and would you recommend?

I did consider getting one but i like going to bookshops and browsing and the enjoyment of finding a new book (lol, i sound so boring) but i might get one in the future to save space. One of my daughters has one and loves it, says it's great for beach holidays.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:44 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Do any of you have Kindles? If so, what are your thoughts on them and would you recommend?

I love my kindle..it's like having a whole bookstore right at your fingertips whenever you want it. Can be dangerous though, it's easy to keep buying :lol:

But they always have "kindle daily deals" and you can sometimes buy an early draft or "single" for like $1.00.. bad editing though.  

And then you also get recommendations based on your buying history, so you are never at a loss as to what to look for. I love it. 

A bunch of cricket books: A History of Australian Cricket and A History of the Sheffield Shield, both by Chris Harte; From Minor to Major: Durham's first year in the Championship by Simon Hughes; Summer with Durham: A Celebration of Durham County Cricket Club by Tim Wellock and Tuffers' Alternative Guide to the Ashes by Phil Tufnell.