Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

His contract might be up at the end of the residency...

Ya know what, Bumbles my favourite in the band at present, definitely the most creative and the one who has an idea of what Guns should sound like so I don't want to see him going. I like Richard too but I don't think he's a strong enough writer to steer a guns album, especially if he's only other help comes from Dj and maybe some other new guy. Bumble is a nutcase shredder but he also loves the Beatles and writes some simple pop songs and rock songs and crazy metal songs... he's really the perfect guy for nuGuns.

He get's pissed off a lot though, and if he wants out, he wants out there's not much to say... it's his choice at the end of the day, better to leave now than stay on and possibly fall out with the whole band because he's unhappy.

All that being said, the tweet is quite nondescript so there's not point getting our panties in a twist over it, plus he has said much, much worse things in the past :D

Bumblefoot did an interview not long ago expressing his difficulty touring with his current back pain due to the accident he had years ago.

I think he is and has given 100% to keep it going but I believe if he leaves is due to this and it would be an amicable departure.

He also said he was working on a super project band that he is part of and he loves teaching and doing guitar work shops so he might be chosing a much less

stressful and physically demanding work routine.

LONG LIVE THE FOOT!

No else count down the days until they are off?

When I have a vacation I'm looking forward to or a weekend activity I'm looking forward to, I certainly do. If he's exhausted from all the touring on his own and with GN'R, maybe he's just looking forward to taking a break and chilling out. We'll see.

Ali

Ron is an extremely talented guitarist - and it would be a crippling blow to the touring line-up if he left - but he needs to add a little more perspective to his outlook. Touring exotic places is not a raw deal, in the grand scheme of things.

Oh wah, wah, wah. Here we go again.

I'm sorry, as I know no matter what your profession is it's not always going to be rainbows and butterflies. But this is why I roll my eyes when people say Bumble's in it for the love and not just for the money. When you say this kind of shit for the umpteenth time, and still stick around, cry me a fuggin river.

If you're that unhappy you leaaaavvvvveeeee after those 67 days are over. Otherwise you just make yourself look more and more like an assclown when you put this shit out there again and again and again. And again. :shrugs:

Edited by Bobbo

Love Bumblefoot to bits. I have a ton of respect for him and his guitar playing and he's the main reason I follow GnR anymore anyways but his passive agressive whining is getting a bit annoying.

He reminds me of Kristen Stewart who was constantly miserable and complained about Twilight all the time and yet wouldn't quit.

Assuming his tweet was about venting his frustration with GnR once again, of course.

Love Bumblefoot to bits. I have a ton of respect for him and his guitar playing and he's the main reason I follow GnR anymore anyways but his passive agressive whining is getting a bit annoying.

He reminds me of Kristen Stewart who was constantly miserable and complained about Twilight all the time and yet wouldn't quit.

Assuming his tweet was about venting his frustration with GnR once again, of course.

I never imagined I'd ever read Kristen Stewart and BBF mentioned in the same passage. But, I understand the point.

Ali

Ron is an extremely talented guitarist - and it would be a crippling blow to the touring line-up if he left - but he needs to add a little more perspective to his outlook. Touring exotic places is not a raw deal, in the grand scheme of things.

I don't think that's his gripe. Sure, he probably loves it, especially since his wife is usually with him and I'm sure they have a good time. But he's probably sick of touring for nothing, if you know what I mean. :shrugs:

I don't think that's his gripe. Sure, he probably loves it, especially since his wife is usually with him and I'm sure they have a good time. But he's probably sick of touring for nothing, if you know what I mean. :shrugs:

That may not be his frustration at the moment, but the fact that touring takes away time from other activities is something he's mentioned before and he even mentions in the bio he wrote for himself in 2011 that's posted on his website.

Ali

He's also doing a tour called guitar gods or something along those lines with other big time guitar players and he's performing a bunch of his original stuff. That starts immediately following the vegas residency. Maybe the tweet is sbout that.

I don't think quitting GnR would mean he would be doing anything less stressful on his mind or body, the only thing that would be less stressful would be the fact that he knows exactly what's going on, he has info as he's the boss. Besides that, he would be touring in much less comfortable circumstances for less money and he would likely have to tour much more to equal the money he receives from Guns. At the end of the day his decision can't be totally based about money but... money is the reason he could afford his medical treatments, his special diets etc. he might be much worse off out of GnR than In.

We can't weigh this one up though, we don't know the entire story or all the facts and most importantly if the tweet (yes were dissecting tweets now) really meant anything major. Lets just hope that a super talented guitar player, songwriter and producer hasn't decided to exit GnR.

Guest Gunns

this is bumbles way of getting any gripes he has, off his chest and letting team brazil know in a subtle way (albeit hardly subtle :lol: ) that he is pissed with something.

I didn't realize Ron was 12 years old.

he's fucking talented and successful for a 12 year old, eh?

From an interview I just did... "I'm very focused on my next Bumblefoot album, I've experienced a lot of pleasure and pain in the past few years, and my best songs are coming from it all. When I'm writing music or performing, emotions are always at the surface, good and bad, which I think can be hard on the people around me, including fans (especially if I'm anywhere near twitter, apologies for any occasional lashing out...!) But this is part of what it takes to give your all musically. It's not always rainbows and unicorns - it's as real as it gets. I hope people will be understanding of this, they're not going to get political bullshit with me, they get the better and the worse. If you want real music, it has to come from every part of you. I try my best not to drag people into my personal darkness, but sometimes you can't help it when it's the only place you're at. All we can do is keep trying to be stronger than the things that break us."

From an interview I just did... "I'm very focused on my next Bumblefoot album, I've experienced a lot of pleasure and pain in the past few years, and my best songs are coming from it all. When I'm writing music or performing, emotions are always at the surface, good and bad, which I think can be hard on the people around me, including fans (especially if I'm anywhere near twitter, apologies for any occasional lashing out...!) But this is part of what it takes to give your all musically. It's not always rainbows and unicorns - it's as real as it gets. I hope people will be understanding of this, they're not going to get political bullshit with me, they get the better and the worse. If you want real music, it has to come from every part of you. I try my best not to drag people into my personal darkness, but sometimes you can't help it when it's the only place you're at. All we can do is keep trying to be stronger than the things that break us."

The bold and italicized part really stuck out to me. He's admitting that he's been through a lot and has a lot of ups and downs he's been going through and that he does lash out on twitter as a result.

He's not directly connecting this statement to the previous tweet, but it is possible, I suppose, that he made a point of highlighting this passage from the interview he just did because of that previous tweet.

Ali

this is bumbles way of getting any gripes he has, off his chest and letting team brazil know in a subtle way (albeit hardly subtle :lol: ) that he is pissed with something.

I didn't realize Ron was 12 years old.

he's fucking talented and successful for a 12 year old, eh?

And you point is? So being talented and "successful" (which I don't think he is since he has not accomplished anything in Axl's band other than covering other people's music for money) gives you permission to act like a 12 year old on Twitter?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Nosaj Thing