Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

There is always a majority of negative comments, usually at least half of them asking for reunion and calling Axl Asshole Rose, so I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary here.

• Like 2

Did someone just discover facebook or something? I swear there's already a thread about shitty facebook comments.

In searching around, I found that we have one thread to discuss GN'R (and their members) tweets, but not one for the Facebook page. That's why this type of thread seems to get made every few weeks. We could just make this THE Facebook thread going forward if that's cool with everyone.

See no change here, this is what it's been like on their Facebook page since day one: reunionists vs. Axl nutswingers. Don't think anyone with less extreme of an opinion can be bothered to comment.

So is this topic for GNR Facebook posts and the other topic is for Axl/Gunners Twitter posts?

Yes.

What's the difference? Everything gets posted to both sites.

We just don't need a new thread for every fb post, so all discussion can go in here.

Those are typical comments on any of their posts. I wonder how many of then went to either of the first 2 shows and are commenting negatively about the question at hand.

My thoughts exactly. That's the over-the-top reaction Axl gets as soon as he walks out of his front door.

So is this topic for GNR Facebook posts and the other topic is for Axl/Gunners Twitter posts?

Yes.

We just don't need a new thread for every fb post, so all discussion can go in here.

Yeah, but you could merge this with the Twitter thread and just have one GN'R social media thread.

Yes.

Yeah, but you could merge this with the Twitter thread and just have one GN'R social media thread.

My thoughts exactly.

Those are typical comments on any of their posts. I wonder how many of then went to either of the first 2 shows and are commenting negatively about the question at hand.

My thoughts exactly. That's the over-the-top reaction Axl gets as soon as he walks out of his front door.

So only people that were actually at the show should be allowed to comment about it?

That would pretty much kill this forum.

Does that include sporting events to? Since I didn't go to the super bowl, does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to say that Peyton Manning choked again or that the Seahawks defense was amazing?

So only people that were actually at the show should be allowed to comment about it?

Does that include sporting events to? Since I didn't go to the super bowl, does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to say that Peyton Manning choked again or that the Seahawks defense was amazing?

Good post. I've always found the logic of "you can't comment if you weren't at the show" to be quite the double standard, because the very people who use that argument also comment on shows they don't attend. Basically, if I watch a video of You Could Be Mine from a show and say Axl sounds bad, then I'm not allowed to comment because I wasn't there. Meanwhile, if someone says another video from the same show sounds great, then that comment is okay.

Good post. I've always found the logic of "you can't comment if you weren't at the show" to be quite the double standard, because the very people who use that argument also comment on shows they don't attend. Basically, if I watch a video of You Could Be Mine from a show and say Axl sounds bad, then I'm not allowed to comment because I wasn't there. Meanwhile, if someone says another video from the same show sounds great, then that comment is okay.

You guys are mixing things up. If you go to a restaurant and that restaurant asks you how did you enjoy the experience it makes no sense for others who didn't attend to chime in.

You guys are mixing things up. If you go to a restaurant and that restaurant asks you how did you enjoy the experience it makes no sense for others who didn't attend to chime in.

You can taste food, you can't taste Axl (unless you're a groupie).

You can taste food, you can't taste Axl (unless you're a groupie).

That's just gross.

But what if the other people have been to that same restaurant before? ;)

No but seriously, I understand what you mean there. However, people are often quick to use that argument when people are speaking critically of the show, when speaking positively of the show still falls under the principle of discussing something that users did not attend. That does change slightly if someone who was actually at the show posts their thoughts, but I'm taking about the general discussion that happens in the concert update threads for the most part.

But what if the other people have been to that same restaurant before? ;)

No but seriously, I understand what you mean there. However, people are often quick to use that argument when people are speaking critically of the show, when speaking positively of the show still falls under the principle of discussing something that users did not attend. That does change slightly if someone who was actually at the show posts their thoughts, but I'm taking about the general discussion that happens in the concert update threads for the most part.

Which is totally cool. I get it, you can't judge something on YT unless it is good argument is very flawed.That's not what we're discussing here though :)

Yes.

Thought about that soon after I replied to your post. Good point. I'll merge them and change the title.

• Like 2