Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Lol Bumble unfollowed Axl and GNR on twitter.

not anymore.

Is this follow-unfollow-follow game true?

This BBF guy drama is getting hillarious ...

I doubt it

Eh, it is.

I haven't seen any proof... Only proof to the contrary...

No offence but I didn't deem it important enough to record verifiable proof that Bumble unfollowed GNR on twitter. It is pathetic enough as it is.

That's cool, it's just one person comes along and makes a post about something and then when others check what they claimed it is not the case. I mean it's like saying BBF just posted "I hate Axl Rose" and then when people can't find the post they say it's because BBF deleted it. Sounds like people making shit up to add to the already ridiculous drama.

Honestly couldn't give enough of a shit to make up something about this band. They are good enough at making it a joke without any help from me. For what its worth he does appear to be following them again. I don't really care either way. I couldn't give a shit if he leaves or stays.

Honestly couldn't give enough of a shit to make up something about this band. They are good enough at making it a joke without any help from me. For what its worth he does appear to be following them again. I don't really care either way. I couldn't give a shit if he leaves or stays.

It's cool, didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you, I didn't even realise you were the OP :D

I never noticed anything but then again as much as you cab say you don't give a shit you must have really looked into this to find out he was not following them to begin with!? I have no idea if he is or isn't without looking

he is following just shy of 100,000 people, perhaps you missed it the first time? that's a lot to sift

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 1

Can't be arsed to go back and see if this has already been posted, and as sad as it is that I know this, Del James has twitter and posted a throw back of Slash specifically, even tagging him in the post. That comes off as odd to me. Flaunting a picture of his meal ticket's ultimate butthurt. Especially with such nostalgia after all the shit talking Del used to talk about Slash? Why? Maybe something civil is being worked out...or maybe even something more...just maybe...

...or maybe my fever is just making me delirious. Yeah. Probably that. But I wanna be able to say "called it!!" on the off chance I'm right :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah I saw it. It´s a pic of Del himself at a show in 1993. They are at the gig and Slash in the background of the pic. He does mention Slash but it´s not a pic of both embracing or anything. Still it was nice from his part to post that pic

Or maybe the idea that Slash is anathema to anyone in the GN'R camp to the extent they can't even acknowledge the major role he has played in the band is a bit exaggerated?

I mean it'd be different if it was a picture of the old band as a whole, but to completely single out the one guy your boss still venomously hates out especially when Slash was barely even noticeable in the picture anyways, just seems a little off to me.

Again, it's probably just my fever fucking with my head, but maaaybeh...:lol:

I don't know if Axl venomously hates Slash nor do I see how Axl's feelings towards Slash should affect what Del can do. I think we exaggerate these things a lot, but in a way that is natural since we have to construct meaning and narrative from nothing but rare quotes and statements offered over decades of years that are at times hyperbolic and conflicting. This makes it hard to arrive at reasonable conclusions that accurately reflect reality and one should forgive those who arrive at extreme positions at either end.

Or maybe the idea that Slash is anathema to anyone in the GN'R camp to the extent they can't even acknowledge the major role he has played in the band is a bit exaggerated?

When the leader of this 'camp' calls the man in question, a 'cancer', how are we not supposed to exaggerate it? Marc Canter has also stated that Axl does not like his own associates, meeting with, defending Slash (he did not like the fact that Marc was still friends with Slash).

When the leader of this 'camp' calls the man in question, a 'cancer', how are we not supposed to exaggerate it?

By simply not saying that Axl's (old) comments on Slash necesarrily means that people in the GN'R camp aren't allowed to acknowledge Slash's contributions to the GN'R legacy nor allowed to post pictures with him on twitter :shrugs: The whole idea that every person in the GN'R camp who somehow acknowledges Slash's existence is excommunicated, is plainly ludicruous.

Marc Canter has also stated that Axl does not like his own associates, meeting with, defending Slash (he did not like the fact that Marc was still friends with Slash).

I doubt Marc has ever said anything about how the GN'R camp works in 2015.

When the leader of this 'camp' calls the man in question, a 'cancer', how are we not supposed to exaggerate it?

By simply not saying that Axl's (old) comments on Slash necesarrily means that people in the GN'R camp aren't allowed to acknowledge Slash's contributions to the GN'R legacy nor allowed to post pictures with him on twitter :shrugs: The whole idea that every person in the GN'R camp who somehow acknowledges Slash's existence is excommunicated, is plainly ludicruous.

Marc Canter has also stated that Axl does not like his own associates, meeting with, defending Slash (he did not like the fact that Marc was still friends with Slash).

It functions differently in 2015 than former years? Marc has openly said that Axl did not like the fact he remained friends with Slash and defended him on certain particulars. Go and discuss this with him if you do not believe.

It functions differently in 2015 than former years? Marc has openly said that Axl did not like the fact he remained friends with Slash and defended him on certain particulars. Go and discuss this with him if you do not believe.

My point is that we have no idea what Axl might think of Del posting a picture of Slash on social media in 2015. I am not sure Marc is an infalible oracle on everything GN'R these days (and I have discussed these things with Marc, face to face); Axl may have a long temper and not easily overcome grudges, but he still changes as years go by and may be less antagonistic towards everything Sash today than he was a few years ago; and lastly, not approving of a friendship is not the same as being bothered by tagging someone on social media. So yea, I think it is too simplistic to think that Axl is overly bothered by this, especiallt to the extent that Del will end up in some trouble from it.

Since Axl almost exclusively opens up to the media when he is emotionally affected and has something, to him, important to say, it is very easy to fall into the trap to think that whatever he says in these rare, agitated moments defines his everyday opinions and nature, rather than see it as the extreme manifestations of an emotional nature. This is why so many are perplexed when they see him appear in interviews where he comes across as genial and down-to-earth. It doesn't align with the emotional-infused outbursts we know from concerts, media and scripted interviews with Del. We basically shouldn't expect Axl to be like that all the time. What we see is not necesarrily representative of everyday Axl.

Don't interpret this as some apologetic defense. I certainly think Axl still harbours deep resentment of Slash. I just want to express some caution about projecting old comments from Axl about Slash to 2015, taking them out of context, and then assuming Axl must be angry with people for nothing more than tagging a picture of Slash. It is a bit too simplistic and risks maintaining a stereotype of Axl that might be outdated.

• Like 1