Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

But what line-up is he talking about?

The only one anyone in the real world thinks of when someone says Guns N Roses.

There are two though. The AFD line up and the UYI line up. Just saying.

Not in the popular imagination. In the popular imagination GNR is Axl and Slash, probably Duff and Izzy, and the drums just kind of happen, no one's paying attention to who's banging on them. :lol:

But what line-up is he talking about?

The only one anyone in the real world thinks of when someone says Guns N Roses.

There are two though. The AFD line up and the UYI line up. Just saying.

Not in the popular imagination. In the popular imagination GNR is Axl and Slash, probably Duff and Izzy, and the drums just kind of happen, no one's paying attention to who's banging on them. :lol:

Gilby and Sorum were in enough Guns music videos to be recognized by the public, and as a part of the history of the band. They've done many shows with Axl, Slash, and Duff including the paris 92 gig and the Tokyo 92 show that were viewed by a lot of fans. (Tokyo 92 was officially released)

But it don't really matter.

What's weird is that it's sometimes better off NOT hearing from rock musicians/celebs/etc. on social media. If a publicist or social media person is handling the account, you're not really hearing from the celeb anyway. And if they ARE handling their own Facebook/Twitter, it shows you their true colors sometimes if they post a lot...and that isn't necessarily a good thing. There are one or two celebs I've lost all respect for because they're such dicks on Facebook. Anyway, it's why I don't follow Axl/GnR or any of the others on any of the sites. I just don't want to know.

If I ever were in the public eye I'd be so scared to have a Twitter or other social media account because of the negativity and abuse that can filter through...I totally do understand why some celebs pay people to take care of it, so they never have to read that ish.

Edited by stella

Let's assume this isn't a cupcake thread for a minute and take this at face value...

Say what you want about DJ, but you have to figure that most on here would love to have other members of GNR (particularly our red-headed hero) be as active and involved with the fans via social media as DJ seems to be.

Or am I wrong? Do you prefer the almost radio silence that is Axl's twitter feed?

Do I want to see Axl posting on twitter every day about some giraffe or Bill Cosby? Hell no!!! What would I like to see? Well Axl talking about a new album or a new song, a picture of him jogging on the beach, a picture of him in the studio or just him talking about a book he might be reading or a movie he went to see.

• Like 2

Personally, I always thought Ron was the best guy re his connection to the fans. He'd regularly respond to questions on his FB page and he was always willing to talk to fans in person before shows etc. I met him at a signing/meet and greet in 2008 and he was a really nice guy to all the fans.

• Like 2

He followed me yonks ago when we tweeted a few things to one another - it's always nice to have that interaction with someone, and I think most fans appreciate that generally. It's not something they have to do, however many people are now doing that in this day and age.