Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Soulmonster - have you seen anything from Axl regarding his feelings regarding Slash in the past two years that has led you to believe that his negative feelings have dissapated???? Or are you just sharing a "gut" feeling that you have, which isnt really based on anything that has came directly from Axl?

• Like 1

Soulmonster - have you seen anything from Axl regarding his feelings regarding Slash in the past two years that has led you to believe that his negative feelings have dissapated???? Or are you just sharing a "gut" feeling that you have, which isnt really based on anything that has came directly from Axl?

He got his face blurred out on a recent Slash documentary, just to give an example.

As I said, I certainly don't think his negative feelings towards Slash has disappeared. What I wrote was an explanation on why his feelings may not be as strong anymore, as evidenced by Del actually tagging Slash in a picture as well as other things that have happened in recent years which suggests people are exaggerating the situation. As for from the man himself, no (except him being videotaped jovially reminiscing about Slash to some fans at a bar), but that's the core of my argument: We are left to try to understand his feelings now based on older comments that probably represented peaks of his resentment.

To the point, what does Del posting anything mean about how Axl may or may not feel about something? That is a stretch.

As for Axl, I don't know myself, when I did discuss these things with Axl he did not have anything bad to say about Slash at the time. We did discuss him but never in a negative light.

He got his face blurred out on a recent Slash documentary, just to give an example.

Was it ever even ascertained who decided on that, or if Axl did indeed refuse? There was a school of thought here that Slash hadn't even bothered to ask Axl, and just blurred out his face instead to save everyone the drama of trying to get permission.

Both Duff and Sebastian Bach have worked with/seem to be friends with both Axl and Slash. AfD t-shirts, with Slash's (cartoon skeleton) face on them have been sold at the band's online store. Del posted a photo from 1993. It's not as though he wrote a love sonnet to Slash or something. Axl's given anecdotes about Slash in numerous interviews/etc. without bashing him. Even if they're never going to talk or be BFFs again it's unlikely that some of their shared experiences/photos would *never* come up, or that Axl would immediately cut off anyone who talked to Slash. Even with Marc Canter, even though Axl apparently didn't *like* that Marc was friends with Slash, he certainly didn't stop being friends with him because of it.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

I imagine talking to Axl about Slash is better now than it might have been 10 years ago, Axl is about to be 53! It's almost been 2 decades since he last talk to Slash. I'm guessing his attitude has matured by now. Obviously he still feels there was a missed opportunity there, but I don't see him being cool with Slash anytime soon.

As much crap as we give Axl, he lives a pretty awesome life right now. Has an awesome house in L.A. He is single, makes a ton of money for doing essentially nothing anymore, he has his friends, people don't recognize him anymore when he's out, he has a consistent family around him, and although he's in his mid 50's, that is relatively young for retirement. Why would he mess all this up by bringing Slash back in his life? Slash is just one less problem for Axl these days.

But thats how I see it in Axl's head.

I'm still hopeful slash wishes him a happy birthday again on twitter and Axl favorites it haha

• Like 1

He thanked all line-ups at the Golden Gods. I thought that was nice and it made me think the assumption that Axl throws a hissy fit any time anyone dares mention Slash's name is not accurate.

• Like 1

Yeah, he throws hissy fits occasionally, probably due to behind-the-scene legal troubles etc, in nature with his highly volatile personality, and then we interpret this as Axl being constantly in a state of anger-induced apoplectic fit re: Slash. Again, if we had seen Axl talk about Slash every day, and not only when he lashes out in media, then we would get a much more balanced impression. Right now, what many does, is to extrapolate from few events that probably aren't representative of the normal.

• Like 1

To the point, what does Del posting anything mean about how Axl may or may not feel about something? That is a stretch.

As for Axl, I don't know myself, when I did discuss these things with Axl he did not have anything bad to say about Slash at the time. We did discuss him but never in a negative light.

Of course Del can have his own opinions about many things. But at the same time he is one of Axl´s best friends and close colaborator. The problem is he is nothing without his association with Axl. So it would be risky for him to have big disagreements with Axl.

I don´t see any big deal with that picture. After all it is a picture of Del in the pit of Tokio gig. And Slash just happens to be in the background of that picture. And I don´t think Axl has a problem with it. However if Del keeps posting nice things about Slash then nobody knows how Axl is gonna react.

Axl has called Slash a cancer and fans have been kicked out of shows because they wore Slash t-shirts. Axl has shown he has little tolerance when it comes to Slash.

FYI, Del is following Slash on Tw, so you either update your tunes about this or stop making assumptions on who hates who :shrugs:

Should Axl go like "Hello twitter fans, just posting to let you know today, I'm not hating on Slash that much. Let's see tomorrow. Bye." ?

Why does he have to be constantly giving us hints on how he feels about certain people?

FYI, Del is following Slash on Tw, so you either update your tunes about this or stop making assumptions on who hates who :shrugs:

Should Axl go like "Hello twitter fans, just posting to let you know today, I'm not hating on Slash that much. Let's see tomorrow. Bye." ?

Why does he have to be constantly giving us hints on how he feels about certain people?

Nobody said he did. Not one person.

Soul said that Axl didn't have the same hatred that he used to about Slash. I simply asked how he came to that conclusion. If Axl had spoken on the matter.

No need to look for drama here Tiny.

Maybe one of the many reasons Axl gets pissed off because Slash & Duff were quick to sue Axl over Royalties back in 04/05, when it just turned out to be a clerical error. Things like that could be handled with a phone-call, email or whatever.

Maybe one of the many reasons Axl gets pissed off because Slash & Duff were quick to sue Axl over Royalties back in 04/05, when it just turned out to be a clerical error. Things like that could be handled with a phone-call, email or whatever.

If you believe it was a 'clerical error'.

So Del James follows Slash on twitter, Axl and Slash kiss and make out. Reunion starts now

Of course Del can have his own opinions about many things. But at the same time he is one of Axl´s best friends and close colaborator. The problem is he is nothing without his association with Axl. So it would be risky for him to have big disagreements with Axl.

I don´t see any big deal with that picture. After all it is a picture of Del in the pit of Tokio gig. And Slash just happens to be in the background of that picture. And I don´t think Axl has a problem with it. However if Del keeps posting nice things about Slash then nobody knows how Axl is gonna react.

Axl has called Slash a cancer and fans have been kicked out of shows because they wore Slash t-shirts. Axl has shown he has little tolerance when it comes to Slash.

The Slash shirt thing was bullshit, fuck people were backstage on that same tour with Slash tshirts and original band stuff. As far as The hatred I don't know how deep it is when the first thing Axl and I talked about was Slash and nothing negative was said at all.

Some of us have an altered view of what Axl thinks or doesn't think

• Like 1

The Slash shirt thing was bullshit, fuck people were backstage on that same tour with Slash tshirts and original band stuff. As far as The hatred I don't know how deep it is when the first thing Axl and I talked about was Slash and nothing negative was said at all.

So RIR 2001 was bullshit!!!! I think we all have seen that video

If you believe it was a 'clerical error'.

I don't know what the guy thinks to be honest!

Soul said that Axl didn't have the same hatred that he used to about Slash. I simply asked how he came to that conclusion. If Axl had spoken on the matter.

Soulmonster didn't say that either.... He said we should take those old comments and expressions with a grain of salt and not project them into 2015 Axl as if the guy wasn't capable of changing his mind, his feelings, moving on and be mature.

And what I'm saying is that we shouldn't expect Axl to give us updates on his shit-list because that won't happen, or it will, when he decides to share it... if ever...

Not drama, omg, it's just opinion on a forum...

So RIR 2001 was bullshit!!!! I think we all have seen that video

I think that guy was just being a general dickhead though rather than him being singled out for his shirt.

Soulmonster didn't say that either.... He said we should take those old comments and expressions with a grain of salt and not project them into 2015 Axl as if the guy wasn't capable of changing his mind, his feelings, moving on and be mature.

And what I'm saying is that we shouldn't expect Axl to give us updates on his shit-list because that won't happen, or it will, when he decides to share it... if ever...

Not drama, omg, it's just opinion on a forum...

Axl wants a public apology from Slash. So far we haven´t seen Slash apologizing for anything. It´s very unlikely that Axl has changed his mind and his feelings.

Exactly.

Celeb worship is an odd thing.

From my work in the newspaper business, I've interview a few pro and college athletes. It's funny how people love or absolutely hate (depending if you are a fan or not) entertainers (athletes, musicians, actors, etc) and just assume that the person is a great (or awful) person in real life. It was always fascinating to meet a person that people celebrated - and find out they were completely different in real life - often a prick. Then you meet somebody that your town "hates".....and that person is actually a really great sweet person in real life. People just assume that their entertainment idols must be really great people in real life. Often that isn't the case.

Funny story. I was listening to the Jay Mohr podcast and he said there was one actress that was the absolute worst to work with. That she was mean and insultive to him, almost made him cry, belittled him and was a jerk to him the entire movie they did together. Guess who the actress was.............Jennifer Anniston, one of American's sweethearts.

I personally don't care what Axl is like in real life. Nor do I care who he hates or doesn't hate.

The man is the best rock singer of my generation, my favorite singer of all time, and I am praying that he'll release a few more albums and do a few more tours. As far as I'm concerned, Axl is the greatest rock frontman of all time. Regardless of what kind of person he is in real life.

Axl wants a public apology from Slash. So far we haven´t seen Slash apologizing for anything. It´s very unlikely that Axl has changed his mind and his feelings.

Can you quote him, please?

It´s what Marc Canter has said

Ok.

Marc Canter is not Axl's spokeperson as far as I'm concerned.