Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

"There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion."

Our grammatically and syntactically and semantically challenged Axl Rose.

• Like 1

Ok.

Marc Canter is not Axl's spokeperson as far as I'm concerned.

I have to agree with this. Marc has an amazing insider's perspective, but he's not anyone's spokesperson on this issue. Not to mention the fact that he hasn't talked to Axl in quite a few years. Back when Marc was still talking to Axl, Duff was still out of the picture, for instance. in 2001 (?) Axl had blacked out all of the skulls on his AfD tattoo, hadn't he? He doesn't do that now. Things can and do evolve and change. Do I think it means that Axl and Slash are going to sing kumbaya around the campfire together? No, I don't think so. But I do think it means that things aren't quite so cut and dry, and that Axl's not a friggin Pavlovian dog who froths at the mouth every time someone references Slash.

• Like 1

for instance. in 2001 (?) Axl had blacked out all of the skulls on his AfD tattoo, hadn't he?

:rofl-lol:

Is that true?

That's what the photos looked like, and wasn't that the thought at the time, that he'd taken a Sharpie to the tattoo and temporarily covered the faces? *shrug* I'm not sure what's funny about it. Even without that, in 2001 he was referring to them all as "former friends" and he hadn't made peace with anyone but Gilby. And now he's been on civil terms with all of them - at least once - except Slash, and he's played with two out of the four in the AfD lineup. Point being, perspectives change and the way he felt about things seven years ago when he talked to Marc might not be the same now.

Edited by stella

for instance. in 2001 (?) Axl had blacked out all of the skulls on his AfD tattoo, hadn't he?

Is that true?

That's what the photos looked like, and wasn't that the thought at the time, that he'd taken a Sharpie to the tattoo and temporarily covered the faces? *shrug* I'm not sure what's funny about it. Even without that, in 2001 he was referring to them all as "former friends" and he hadn't made peace with anyone but Gilby. And now he's been on civil terms with all of them - at least once - except Slash.

I'm very very sorry if you can't see what's funny about that. :lol:

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

Is that true?

That's what the photos looked like, and wasn't that the thought at the time, that he'd taken a Sharpie to the tattoo and temporarily covered the faces? *shrug* I'm not sure what's funny about it. Even without that, in 2001 he was referring to them all as "former friends" and he hadn't made peace with anyone but Gilby. And now he's been on civil terms with all of them - at least once - except Slash.

No, I don't get what's humorous about what I said at all. The cross issue was a matter of speculation here several times .Perhaps it's actually not funny, or I have higher expectations for amusement.

Edited by stella

Is that true?

No, I don't get what's humorous about what I said at all. The cross issue was a matter of speculation here several times .Perhaps it's actually not funny, or I have higher expectations for amusement.

You don't understand what's funny about a butthurt 40 year old rock star blacking out skull faces on a tattoo commemorating an 80s rock album that he plays at his shows more than anything else he's ever produced. OK. :lol: You must have "higher expectations for amusement." :lol:

If the sharpie thing is true I wonder if they got blacked out one by one over time? I'm visualising the basis of a great horror flick here, like a reverse Memento. Slash could get someone to write it for a future release with his company.

*bonus being the soundtrack would be great.

To the point, what does Del posting anything mean about how Axl may or may not feel about something? That is a stretch.

As for Axl, I don't know myself, when I did discuss these things with Axl he did not have anything bad to say about Slash at the time. We did discuss him but never in a negative light.

Of course Del can have his own opinions about many things. But at the same time he is one of Axl´s best friends and close colaborator. The problem is he is nothing without his association with Axl. So it would be risky for him to have big disagreements with Axl.

I don´t see any big deal with that picture. After all it is a picture of Del in the pit of Tokio gig. And Slash just happens to be in the background of that picture. And I don´t think Axl has a problem with it. However if Del keeps posting nice things about Slash then nobody knows how Axl is gonna react.

Axl has called Slash a cancer and fans have been kicked out of shows because they wore Slash t-shirts. Axl has shown he has little tolerance when it comes to Slash.

The Slash shirt thing was bullshit, fuck people were backstage on that same tour with Slash tshirts and original band stuff. As far as The hatred I don't know how deep it is when the first thing Axl and I talked about was Slash and nothing negative was said at all.

Some of us have an altered view of what Axl thinks or doesn't think

So RIR 2001 was bullshit!!!! I think we all have seen that video

I think that guy was just being a general dickhead though rather than him being singled out for his shirt.

I bet that was the case more than a shirt.

Is that true?

You don't understand what's funny about a butthurt 40 year old rock star blacking out skull faces on a tattoo commemorating an 80s rock album that he plays at his shows more than anything else he's ever produced. OK. :lol: You must have "higher expectations for amusement." :lol:

Actually I thought you were laughing at my comment, not what Axl did. My mistake. As to the actual blacking out of the tattoo...well, it's kind of silly, especially at his age, yeah. I wouldn't find that funny; I think it's really sad and pathetic. Point still stands that if he's no longer drawing on his tattoo and he's been able to play with two out of the four, he's perhaps no longer as bitterly butthurt about it...or perhaps has a slightly healthier perspective.

Edited by stella

To the point, what does Del posting anything mean about how Axl may or may not feel about something? That is a stretch.

As for Axl, I don't know myself, when I did discuss these things with Axl he did not have anything bad to say about Slash at the time. We did discuss him but never in a negative light.

Of course Del can have his own opinions about many things. But at the same time he is one of Axl´s best friends and close colaborator. The problem is he is nothing without his association with Axl. So it would be risky for him to have big disagreements with Axl.

I don´t see any big deal with that picture. After all it is a picture of Del in the pit of Tokio gig. And Slash just happens to be in the background of that picture. And I don´t think Axl has a problem with it. However if Del keeps posting nice things about Slash then nobody knows how Axl is gonna react.

Axl has called Slash a cancer and fans have been kicked out of shows because they wore Slash t-shirts. Axl has shown he has little tolerance when it comes to Slash.

The Slash shirt thing was bullshit, fuck people were backstage on that same tour with Slash tshirts and original band stuff. As far as The hatred I don't know how deep it is when the first thing Axl and I talked about was Slash and nothing negative was said at all.

I think that guy was just being a general dickhead though rather than him being singled out for his shirt.

I would agree with this, but one thing is true, by 2001-2002, Axl was at his highest peak of butthurt, bitterness and hatred towards Slash and the rest of the guys. Let's not forget "He's in my ass. That's where Slash is. Fuckhead, go home!" 2002 comment.

Does any of you here have a tattoo? A colored one?

He didn't covered skulls. All his tattoos are very dark because of normal desintegration of ink. If you tattoo yourself, you must be prepared to renew it every couple of decades...it can be after 10 or after 15, 20, 25 years. It depends on your type of skin and some other factors.

All old tattoos he has are completely neglected and not cared for :-O

• Like 2

He didn't covered skulls. All his tattoos are very dark because of normal desintegration of ink. If you tattoo yourself, you must be prepared to renew it every couple of decades...it can be after 10 or after 15, 20, 25 years. It depends on your type of skin and some other factors.

:lol: No way, he totally took a marker and colored his tattoos. :facepalm:

I would agree with this, but one thing is true, by 2001-2002, Axl was at his highest peak of butthurt, bitterness and hatred towards Slash and the rest of the guys. Let's not forget "He's in my ass. That's where Slash is. Fuckhead, go home!" 2002 comment.

This was my understanding too. Fans said he was taunting Axl all the time until he eventually got fed up & out he went, leaving the shirt behind for some reason. Guess it was because he was waving it at Axl all the time, not just wearing it.

Love how we know his quotes off by heart like this. Reading Duff's book I was surprised he didn't quote Axl's words correctly regarding St Louis. We know that one off by heart don't we all? :lol:

This was my understanding too. Fans said he was taunting Axl all the time until he eventually got fed up & out he went, leaving the shirt behind for some reason. Guess it was because he was waving it at Axl all the time, not just wearing it.

Love how we know his quotes off by heart like this. Reading Duff's book I was surprised he didn't quote Axl's words correctly regarding St Louis. We know that one off by heart don't we all? :lol:

"Are you listening to me Mr security man?!" should be part of ISE now :D

• Like 1

KOHD

This is France right? The love capital of the world.

What you didn't know was that right after that night they were going to arrest me.... cos we were having too much goddamm fun. So in the spirit of brotherly love and big giant fuck you..lets make this one loud alright?

I love you too - get the violins out.

She called me her problem child (his grandmother)

He's my little problem child - high pitched voice.

Oops, off topic sorry mods. :o

Good night. :sleeper:

I agree. I don't think he covered the skulls. Axl is nuts and king bitter but to think he would do that it's an exaggeration.

The song that I hear Axl say something different on is madagascar. "Forgive those that f*ck up my show"

On to tattoo gate, it just looks worn. I remember people making jokes that Axl sits at home scratching the skin where Slash's skull is to get rid of him. Haha it's all kind if ridiculous wherever the truth is. I do like that when Axl was talking about the tattoo in the late 80's early 90's he said he got it in to remind him of how magical this album was and that even if this band breaks up that he will be reminded of the success they shared.