Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Also, my wife walked right up to him and asked why he doesn't play the TIL solo right.

and what was his answer???

"Damn, gurl, why u bullying?"

He actually took a long time to answer her. He explained it a couple different ways but the long and short of it is that he couldn't wrap his head around Robins technique for that solo so he just re-wrote the beginning and middle to make more sense to him.

The beginning and middle are the parts I love so much and what make the solo for me so that's why I get so mad about the way DJ plays it lol.

However, I do think it's cool that he took it well and gave a real answer. It's strange for me with DJ, because in person he's a super nice guy and he doesn't give that "I'm trying to sell you something" or completely fake vibe. Online he comes off totally the opposite.

• Like 2

I think some constructive criticism would help him. He's a nice guy in person, but I think he's bought into his own hype and neglected his guitar-playing in favour of his business pursuits and self-promotion. There's a track or two on each Sixx:AM album that I think is decent or has potential, but he's got a long way to go if he wants to be on the level of previous GNR lead guitarists. I don't want to hate the lead guitarist of my favourite band/to my favourite singer, so it pains me when there's cock-up after cock-up.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

DJ made this post to get attention. Mission successful.

edit-

Also, my wife walked right up to him and asked why he doesn't play the TIL solo right. So you see, people have no problem saying things to his face.

I think your wife should be in charge of conducting all the mygnrforum exclusive interviews. Love your wife attitude :thumbsup:

• Like 1

54dd781dd73688fe0e8b45da_700.jpg

From Slash to this. :facepalm:

This is nothing to do with playing guitar, so your post is kind of pointless ... if you were talking about the person and not about the guitar player, well, I have to say that Slash is not exactly the perfect model of a human being too ...

Probably that tweet was directed to people who thinks like you ... :shrugs:

This is nothing to do with playing guitar, so your post is kind of pointless ... if you were talking about the person and not about the guitar player, well, I have to say that Slash is not exactly the perfect model of a human being too ...

You didn't like Slash's new coordinates neck tat. You are completely biased I can't talk to you. At least Slash had the talent bro. And his personality is not as annoying as fuck as DJ's. Slash is the real deal with a passive agressive midlife crisis. DJ is a 42 year old joke talentless douche.

He shouldn't be in Gn'R. King cringe.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

You didn't like Slash's new coordinates neck tat. You are completely biased I can't talk to you.

Yes you can, you just don't want to :P

You didn't like Slash's new coordinates neck tat. You are completely biased I can't talk to you.

Sure I do bro. :heart:

Sure I do bro. :heart:

iiii]xD

ynYDjIZ.gif

DJ is a bit of a hypocrite isn't he?

So the way he would combat internet bullies is by beating them up? Really? Knock their teeth out? Sounds like DJ is a bit of a bully himself.

Wonder how he justifies the 60 year old hotel maid he bragged about bullying???

I also like how he says F*ckWhatPeopleThink.........after a huge post crying and whining about what other people think.

I try really hard to overlook this guy's shortcomings, media whoring, constant product whoring, but he sure makes it hard.

I've never seen a musician his age try so desperately to try and portray himself in the same light as the old school rockers.

And yea. Nothing screams rock-n-roll 40-year-old guitar God like using more hashtags than teenage girls do.

I can't believe people are supporting this guy while bashing and saying they don't like BBF.

• Like 4

The insecurity and irony is strong with this one... the main issue people have is his that he lacks the ability to be in Guns N' Roses and he is a tiring and often desperate cliché who likes the idea of being considered a sensational guitarist and that his whole carnival plastic dollar ninety nine halloween aisle schtick is unsavoury. I don't know if that's ''bullying'' more than stating the obvious, I have nothing against his personally, he seems a decent chap actually, he just isn't the right guy for a band of this calibre and should focus on being a better musician despite the numbers he sells, and good for him on that front though many lesser talented folk can do well in the alternative genre these days, just look around. Not a terrible guitarist by any stretch just not very good, I enjoy his solo sections and wouldn't mind him on a few new tracks.

The cons far, far outweigh any positives however and this kinda weak retribution and delusion of what ''the source'' could be is picard facepalm worthy. No smoke without fire as they say, not everyone is as sad to want to bully someone cause their life sucks... maybe 10% of the abuse he gets is due to nutjobs taking their anger out irrationally, the rest have valid observations. He probably catches as much heat as Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Finck and Fortus combined despite their oddness, there's plenty of reasons.

• Like 1

If you diss Ashba online you want relevance from him. What about if you kiss his ass, then? I guess that's valid and not a bid for attention?

Yes, his insecurity is blatant and his online persona noxious and childish and the man is a poser who's ego outweighs his talent by some margin. Add Tommy-slow-clap gif and stir.

• Like 1

I'm looking at this dude's twitter thing god help me and he seems to average 80 -140 retweets yet he has 1.24 MILLION followers. Axl has 870,000 if I remember and his retweets garner around the 1000 mark on average, granted Axl tweets a lot less but Duff has around 450,000 followers and tweets quite often and has around the same retweet response as Ashba... it just seems rather fishy but it's obvious a chunk of Ashba's followers are bots or some shit.

Edited by RandallFlagg