Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I didn't think it deserved it's own thread so this seems like a good place. Maybe it's already been brought up though.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/kid-rock-tiger-has-eminem-and-axl-rose-syndrome/?cid=twitter-gc-a-kid-rock-tiger-has-eminem-and-axl-rose-syndrome-022615

Kid rock compares Tiger Woods to Axl Rose and Eminem.

"Nice kid," Rock told Rolling Stone, referring to Woods. "A little bit of an Eminem and Axl Rose syndrome. Very reclusive, literal, and sometimes you feel a little bad for them. Sometimes they think the world's against them. You gotta loosen up, man! People are gonna talk s---. You just gotta enjoy it!"

We haven't heard Kid Rock mention Axl in a while, but interesting to hear his opinion on how Axl thinks. I feel like we all kinda know this though. Nice to hear it's confirmed by someone that knows Axl.

http://loudwire.com/kid-rock-insults-korn-beyonce-obama-praising-guns-axl-rose-u-s-troops/?trackback=twitter_top

Also doesn't understand why people think Axl is a dick. He says he's the nicest guy in the world.

Edited by IncitingChaos

I didnt know where to place this so i will post it here:

Reaaaally weird tweet from GNR twitter (Fernando maybe?)

Remember a few days ago Mitch Lafon said he wishes Axl joins Slash's show in Argentina with Duff and Gilby? And now GNR tweets this, a 3 year old show in Argentina...

Or maybe it's just another southamerican tour coming?

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

Man, if Axl joins Slash for Estranged in Buenos Aires...

THAT would be something, indeed.

Would be logistically tough because Slash has no keyboard player in his band. And I'm proudly going to pretend that THIS is the main reason it won't happen.

If nothing is happening it would seem prudent for Fernando or whoever the fuck runs the twitter to say 'Axl will not be appearing with Slash on March 7th, any reports otherwise are false' or something to that effect, cause otherwise if he's not there that arena full of fans are going to blame Axl for not showing regardless of whether or not there was ever any intention for him to be there.

If nothing is happening it would seem prudent for Fernando or whoever the fuck runs the twitter to say 'Axl will not be appearing with Slash on March 7th, any reports otherwise are false' or something to that effect, cause otherwise if he's not there that arena full of fans are going to blame Axl for not showing regardless of whether or not there was ever any intention for him to be there.

Whoever does that is an idiot because no one is promoting the show as a reunion thing. It is pretty clear in all flyers and ads that it is an Slash show with special guests, Duff McKagan and Gilby Clarke. The rest is fine speculation.

Just like they SHOULD say "we are looking to put out music later this year/early next year" or "Ron is/ isn't currently in the band going forward."

But they don't. And they won't. Fuck knows why.

Edited by uncivil war

Whoever does that is an idiot because no one is promoting the show as a reunion thing. It is pretty clear in all flyers and ads that it is an Slash show with special guests, Duff McKagan and Gilby Clarke. The rest is fine speculation.

Supposedly the rumor did originate from one of the promoters in S.A. If none of this is happening, and I was Axl, I'd be pretty pissed that my name was being used to promote someone else's show, and if I could dissuade people from thinking that I had any involvement, for the sake of 25 seconds on Twitter, I think I'd want to give people that clarification.

Why wouldn't he be a good person and a friend?

His childish attitude doesn't mean he's bad as a human. He is childish because he's missing something in his life and trying to achieve it by comforting himself as a child would do (anger and volatile behaviour is part of it). It is something he chooses to do, I don't think it is just immaturity on it's own.

I don't remember anyone said anything bad about his character ever. IMO his bad realtionships were bad just because he was attracted to women who had problems with themselves like he did too. Nothing good could came up from those kind of relations.

Edited by Kater
  • Like 1

Why wouldn't he be a good person and a friend?

His childish attitude doesn't mean he's bad as a human. He is childish because he's missing something in his life and trying to achieve it by comforting himself as a child would do (anger and volatile behaviour is part of it). It is something he chooses to do, I don't think it is just immaturity on it's own.

I don't remember anyone said anything bad about his character ever. IMO his bad realtionships were bad just because he was attracted to women who had problems with themselves like he did too. Nothing good could came up from those kind of relations.

I've said before I related to Axl ever since a particular interview I read. Very similar abusive backgrounds. If I'm even half right about any kind of similarity you've hit the nail directly on the head.

DJ's fb posts pop up on my feed a lot. I have to say, he posts a lot but at least they seem to be about how happy and thankful he is more as opposed to swag and stupid stuff. That's a bit better to me!

I was about to unfollow him you know, been thinking of doing that when suddenly he started to follow me out of nowhere. I replied to his post and he must have liked it so I got a follow. I see girls all the time saying "follow me DJ, please follow me" and there's me about to cut him off and he starts to follow. Never replied to me, not that I tweet to him much. Maybe a couple of times in years.