Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

TH1WDJX.png

Fuck me, I've just vomited.

whats wrong with the tweet

Beta is part of the management team, the same management team that won't release new music or convince Axl to release new music, therefore Beta = devil.

So, do you know for a fact that the reason we haven't had any new music since 2008 is because of the management team (Beta and co)?

It's a serious question. There's a lot of hatred towards Team Brazil around here, and I don't know how fair or justified that is... it seems most people regard them as evil, but I don't really know why.

Is there something they have or haven't done to deserve this?

That's not my opinion, just an explanation. Frankly I could take or leave TB, I couldn't give a damn. Axl holds the key to the castle..

TH1WDJX.png

Beta is part of the management team, the same management team that won't release new music or convince Axl to release new music, therefore Beta = devil.

Why not? Axl needs a real women in his life, beta is the real reason this new album has been in production since 2012? and that CD as been since 1999-2008? satan BETA IF YOU READ THS, LET EM MAKE MUSIC!!

TH1WDJX.png

So, do you know for a fact that the reason we haven't had any new music since 2008 is because of the management team (Beta and co)?

It's a serious question. There's a lot of hatred towards Team Brazil around here, and I don't know how fair or justified that is... it seems most people regard them as evil, but I don't really know why.

Because

a. they show open contempt for the fans: 'complaints complaints complaints', 'now we don't have to release new music' etc.

b. they're full of shit - '3 hour meeting' announcements etc. that yield nothing

c. all that the band has done under their management is stagnate, fall apart and put out an embarrassingly shitty DVD

d. there's a good argument to be made that bands should be managed by professionals with experience in the music industry and not your former nanny and her kid.

• Like 4

TH1WDJX.png

Because

a. they show open contempt for the fans: 'complaints complaints complaints', 'now we don't have to release new music' etc.

b. they're full of shit - '3 hour meeting' announcements etc. that yield nothing

c. all that the band has done under their management is stagnate, fall apart and put out an embarrassingly shitty DVD

d. there's a good argument to be made that bands should be managed by professionals with experience in the music industry and not your former nanny and her kid.

Its great what she did for axl in the 90s but she shouldn't be running guns n roses. Del and Axl should be.

If TB put the foot down and started telling Axl what he must do they would more than likely be shown the door, just like all the other, proper managers Axl has had.

Possibly so, but if they had any integrity they would take the risk on the basis that they've been around him for so long and he shouldn't be pissing away the remaining years of his talent sitting on his arse eating sausages.

I'd wager that the TB situation is probably better than Axl having a "proper" management team who's plans and wishes Axl probably wouldn't go along with anyway.

This arrangement at least cuts down on the lawsuits and churn and burn :P

Damning with faint praise I know...

TH1WDJX.png

Because

Pretty much nailed it.

Because

a. I don't know if management is supposed to be responsible for PR. The band should hire someone to do that job, to stop PR failures like what we have seen from Team Brazil.

b. And how do you know if Axl isn't blocking preventing any things from happening? Thinking that TB is the bottleneck and not Axl sounds strange to me.

c. And you believe this is due to the management and not Axl?

d. That is unfair and insulting. Beta has been Axl's PA for many years and it is fair to assume she has learnt a lot about the industry in that role. Refrring to here as a mere nanny is moronic. In addition, GN'R, with Axl, brings a lot of industry experience themselves. The managementarial requirements of GN'R is vastly different than new bands that are new to the scene.

I think Team Brazil is hired to do whatever Axl asks them do to. They are not management in the usual sense where they are supposed to lead the way, come up with ideas, suggest strategies, etc. They are basically there to execute whatever Axl wants to do. So, when nothing happens, that is not TB's fault, nor do I believe it is in their job description to intitiate actions, they are merely workign with whatever Axl provides them with. This ties in nicely with the lack of "success" of former managers, too. If Axl refuses to do anything, they are powerless, and if they try to force him, they are fired. Axl is the "problem", not the management. I honestly can't understand how this is so hard to understand. I assume that fans' frustration makes them unfairly lash out at anyone associated with Axl, including TB.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

That's why you should never work with "family"... How do you get things done and not end up mixing everything up and screwing relationships in your family?

I agree TB sounds more like executioners than proactive management but in the end, this affects Axl and the whole band, because if they are powerless then what's the point?

I think it's a bad idea that these people ended up with the management of the band, because they can't work as they should, they are tied in hands and feet, always scared to be fired. And I dont know til what extent they depend on Axl nowadays... it's a complicated position for TB.... not really that fun and comfortable as some here may think.

• Like 1

I think they have a hopeless job. They are working with very little and get all kinds of flac from a fan base that should be more understanding of the dynamics and who is really the problem. In addittio, they can't even go out publicly and defend themselves from all the criticism, saying "it's not us, it's Axl!" because that would get them fired immediately. Axl should do that. If anyone should "defend" what is happening, it should be Axl. But he doesn't care, so TB is left to be a target for the fans' frustrations. It's a massively ungrateful job.

• Like 1

Because

The "complaints, complaints, complaints" was only a small part of the open contempt for the fans. I remember when beta used to post on htgth I used to get so frustrated with the snarky, rude, and arrogant nature of her posts. But that was back when I gave a damn. Now I just find it sad and mildly amusing.

Edit-I suck at quoting

Edited by TOS--LOA
  • Like 1

I think they have a hopeless job. They are working with very little and get all kinds of flac from a fan base that should be more understanding of the dynamics and who is really the problem. In addittio, they can't even go out publicly and defend themselves from all the criticism, saying "it's not us, it's Axl!" because that would get them fired immediately. Axl should do that. If anyone should "defend" what is happening, it should be Axl. But he doesn't care, so TB is left to be a target for the fans' frustrations. It's a massively ungrateful job.

But one they AGREED to take, even emotionally blackmailing Axl for (remember The Beta saying she would leave Axl if he hired another manager?) and they are clearly well compensated. So I wouldn't feel too sorry for them.

I think Team Brazil is hired to do whatever Axl asks them do to. They are not management in the usual sense where they are supposed to lead the way, come up with ideas, suggest strategies, etc. They are basically there to execute whatever Axl wants to do. So, when nothing happens, that is not TB's fault, nor do I believe it is in their job description to intitiate actions, they are merely workign with whatever Axl provides them with. This ties in nicely with the lack of "success" of former managers, too. If Axl refuses to do anything, they are powerless, and if they try to force him, they are fired. Axl is the "problem", not the management. I honestly can't understand how this is so hard to understand. I assume that fans' frustration makes them unfairly lash out at anyone associated with Axl, including TB.

Exactly.

However, it appears to be fair game to lash out at people like Irving Azoff so what's good for the goose is good for the gander I guess.

But one they AGREED to take, even emotionally blackmailing Axl for (remember The Beta saying she would leave Axl if he hired another manager?) and they are clearly well compensated. So I wouldn't feel too sorry for them.

They agreed because they wanted more power or because that's all they can do..... Who else would hire Beta and her offspring in the music industry?

That's the problem with TB: they are nobodies depending on Axl (at least when they first migrated to the USA)... I'd like to know if they've done something to secure their lives if at some point, they break up with Axl. Because he considers them their family and they owe him their life but they are not his kindred.

It was a huge mistake to give them the band to handle.... they should have stayed in their place as "assistants" to Axl.

They agreed because they wanted more power or because that's all they can do..... Who else would hire Beta and her offspring in the music industry?

That's the problem with TB: they are nobodies depending on Axl (at least when they first migrated to the USA)... I'd like to know if they've done something to secure their lives if at some point, they break up with Axl. Because he considers them their family and they owe him their life but they are not his kindred.

It was a huge mistake to give them the band to handle.... they should have stayed in their place as "assistants" to Axl.

Can you imagine what goes through the minds of record agency execs when The Beta and Fernando show up to represent the multi-million dollar GnR brand.

• Like 1

Can you imagine what goes through the minds of record agency execs when The Beta and Fernando show up to represent the multi-million dollar GnR brand.

"There's millions and millions of dollars on the line and they're talking to a fucking puppet"

• Like 1