Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I keep getting this buzzfeed shit on GNR FB. Just one step closer to unlike that shit.

yeah, the page has become them sharing stupid viral crap. It's completely ridiculous and just makes you wanna disconnect entirely.

First it wasn't about the music anymore, then it wasn't even about the band anymore. Guns N' Roses is about the Lebeis family and their lifestyle, funded by the fans they hate and ignore. Yeah, rub that shit in their faces some more. Can't tell you who the guitarist is, can't tell you when or if you're ever getting new music, but hey here's someone you don't know and should have no reason to know from Adam paddling a canoe.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 2

Facts:

- Lyrics to It's so Easy.

- Axl/GNR has always had that rock n roll attitude. In fact, Axl told one user (or more than one) in this forum that their sense of entitlement is laughable (this was regarding someone telling him to deliver music cause he owes to the fans and blahblahblah).

Now let's not get too sensitive here. A couple days ago someone posted a thread about a Rolling Stone cover... and some users started complaining about how mean some people are, always thinking the worst about Slash... as someone said CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING.

Is this a bold "FUCK RIGHT OFF" to everyone moaning and complaining about new music?

Is this a tongue-in-cheek sort of thing?

Could this be the beginning of the promotion for new music?

Does this have anything to do with Fernando saying they're trying to make something happen?

Who knows!

All I know is you'd have to be a sensitive MORON to be insulted by something like that.

LOL, I didn't even read the whole post, but I love it man. You are the fuel that keeps the fading flame of GNR alive, oh great torchbearer, lead us all.

• Like 2

I don't really care if it's an insult or not. That phrase sounded cool and aggressive years ago when it wasn't being churned out night after night by an increasingly overweight Mickey Mouse soundalike who's incapable of putting out music or holding a band together. Now it's about as insulting and badass as the Disney rodent himself. So badass that his mere flipping the bird causes bad photoshop effects that serve the dual purpose of also obscuring his paunch.

"You want some Guns N' Roses huh?" No, actually, we all signed up for the GNR social media to see some Twisted Sister memorabilia. What the fuck do you think?

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 1

With the way some folks constantly insult Axl's weight, voice, and everything to do with the new band, would anyone really be surprised if that WERRE a direct "fuck you" to the online peanut gallery?

Yet no other band in the world tells their fans to f*ck off. Odd.

I would think Axl, The Beta and his camp would concentrate on the millions of fans who love and support GnR, some who have been doing it for almost thirty years, rather than worrying about the few that don't like the state of the current band.

With the way some folks constantly insult Axl's weight, voice, and everything to do with the new band, would anyone really be surprised if that WERRE a direct "fuck you" to the online peanut gallery?

No, a direct fuck you would be if he got off his ass and did something that blew us all away and made us look like fools for doubting him. Posting a badly photoshopped picture of your overweight self giving the finger is the equivalent of sitting around surrounded by empty take-out wrappers and beer cans, sleepily looking up from the couch and saying 'I don't need to improve myself. I'm awesome.'

In other words it sounds like something they're desperately trying to convince themselves of rather than us. Kinda like Elvis and his manager towards the end. 'Get back on the road champ, everything's fine'. No it isn't.

There comes a point when you just have to face up to the fact that - and of course I'm not talking about his past traumas and so on - but in the years since CD, has Axl really faced this much adversity when it comes to putting out music? Like, more adversity than anyone in the history of music, apparently? Somehow legally, emotionally and physically prohibited from putting out so much as a single track download of the purported stockpile of grade A material he's sitting on? And is his run of luck with bandmates leaving and getting pissed off at the situation just because he has the absolute misfortune of consistently employing two-faced backstabbers? Or....is he a lazy middle-aged guy surrounded by yes men who hate his fans, and don't care about his wasted potential so long as they can afford a new iPhone and a gold plated dildo every month. You decide.

Edited by tomfriend
  • Like 3

I know it's en vogue these days to constantly insult and dehumanize anyone who is overweight, and constantly bring it up a a way of insulting them, but it's fucking disgusting. If you said that about any other sort of illness or physical attribute you'd be a bigot. But hey, let's ignore all the science that says there's a shitload of legit medical reasons someone might be fat (Google "obesogenic illnesses" if you'd like a hint), let's ignore food addictions, and let's totally ignore the fact that someone else's weight is nobody's business but theirs. Let's just constantly shit on people for being fat because they don't have a right to respect, amirite?

There's a ton of other stuff to criticize about Axl without getting into his weight.

• Like 1