Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

So they wish Jarmo and Beta Happy Birthday, but they dont care to wish Slash or Steven or Matt or Robin or Buckethead Happy Birthday who contributed so much to the band, really that guy who handles the page should be fired, the "GNR" social media pages have become a big joke now

Perhaps they just want to focus on those that are important to current GN'R?

What did the current GNR even contribute?

That is irrelevant, they might still find it more important to give shout outs to today's lineup and crew than former members.

del james @deljamesgang · 2m 2 minutes ago

Remember that smell when u took the cellophane off a brand new album?? That aroma was excitement.@gunsnroses #rocknroll.

-----------------------

New album?

Edited by TheSeeker

del james @deljamesgang · 2m 2 minutes ago
Remember that smell when u took the cellophane off a brand new album?? That aroma was excitement.@gunsnroses #rocknroll.
-----------------------
New album?

He is most prob fucking with us or he is remembering those times when he bought AFD or UYI or CD and removed the cellophane

• Like 2

That seems to be clearly hinting at something

I dont think so, Del tags the name @gunsnroses in 90% of the random posts he makes so that guy who handles the GNR twitter page would retweet it, this is called Self Promotion

I know I felt that way after opening those albums! :)

I want to feel that way again right now.

brb - heading to Dollar Tree

I do, too! I would be so happy if something new were released. I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I don't wanna be disappointed. It sure would be an awesome surprise!

I do, too! I would be so happy if something new were released. I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I don't wanna be disappointed. It sure would be an awesome surprise!

I wont even call it a surprise, it should have come out a long time ago, so if they release this year or in 2020, it wont surprise me

I wont even call it a surprise, it should have come out a long time ago, so if they release this year or in 2020, it wont surprise me

I get that. I think I can call it a surprise for myself because I never truly expect another G n' R release of original music. I can see re-releases of old stuff, but not the new. That's how I'd be surprised. Pleasantly surprised, I might add!! :D

Sick of hearing about Del James now.

What took you so long? I'm sick of all these hangers on. Fine, have them, but the way the GNR social media is run you'd think Del James, Jarmo, the Lebeis family etc. were supposed to be celebrities, great aspects of the GNR experience who we should all be making fan art about and discussing in lieu of having any material in the last 7 years.

New album? Who cares?! Vanessa Lebeis on a canoe!

You raise a good point. There is a presumptuousness on Axl's part that we are somehow meant to like and be interested in these people.

We get more information about Del James, The Beta and Vanessa than we do about bumblefoot and the next album or tour. Interesting.

But why should we care about these people. Del James was RIP editor and wrote a rubbish book 30 years ago. He has done nothing since. He is not a band member. Beta we are told is 'management'. Vanessa. Who the fuck is Vanessa? What does she do? Why should I care?

It is almost as if GN'R has become a sideshow of the Lebeis extended family.

But why should we care about these people. Del James was RIP editor and wrote a rubbish book 30 years ago. He has done nothing since. He is not a band member. Beta we are told is 'management'. Vanessa. Who the fuck is Vanessa? What does she do? Why should I care?

It is almost as if GN'R has become a sideshow of the Lebeis extended family.

Del James is the tour manager and I might add has pretty much the longest friendship regardless of what you think with Axl Rose.

Vanessa is part of the management overseeing Guns

Yeah, the manage Guns N' Roses and Axl, but I agree that they exaggerate. A couple of weeks ago they were posting about and sharing Del Jame's stuff non-stop. What the hell? 99,99% of the fans read this and think "who the fuck is that guy?"

I'm sure some people even unfollowed and/or unliked Guns N' Roses on Facebook. I'd have done it if it was a casual band for me, posting nonsense "behind the scene" stuff on my feed.

the idea Guns aside is to interact with your audience. That may come off a little odd a lot of the time but sometimes just saying anything at all creates dialogue

I think that talking about Ron leaving, if they will replace him, and if there will be an album and tour this year would create a lot more dialog than talking about tour managers, artificial mother and Vanessa, whatever she is.

I can't tell you the name of ONE member of the camps of my other favorite bands. But we all know who Del, The Beta, Fernando, Vanessa and Jarmo are.

Guns guy - that seems normal to you? Aren't you a really big Toto fan? Can you name me four members of their camp or crew?

I didnt want to create a topic about this, so i will ask it here.

Some people claim that Axl still reads this boards, and that he even posts stuff on an alternative account.

My question is, what makes you think that he would choose to come to this specific forum? Or are you saying that he does this in all the big GNR forums?

the idea Guns aside is to interact with your audience. That may come off a little odd a lot of the time but sometimes just saying anything at all creates dialogue

I think that talking about Ron leaving, if they will replace him, and if there will be an album and tour this year would create a lot more dialog than talking about tour managers, artificial mother and Vanessa, whatever she is.

I can't tell you the name of ONE member of the camps of my other favorite bands. But we all know who Del, The Beta, Fernando, Vanessa and Jarmo are.

Guns guy - that seems normal to you? Aren't you a really big Toto fan? Can you name me four members of their camp or crew?

I think in the digital age we know more about others involved than say in the 90's. Even then I knew people that were involved with Guns with magazines and pictures etc. Toto? Not me. I will be honest I have no idea about other bands camps as I do not follow ANY other band this close. Just Guns.

edit: I know what they are trying to do as far as social media goes. Saying that I don't agree that the method works in this case. The execution and separation from the camp in social media is apparent. They DO know this and quite honestly I have no idea why they don't tap into something that makes more sense. What I mean is actually have someone in the camp post about things that fans are interested in.

Edited by gunsguy