Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I didnt want to create a topic about this, so i will ask it here.

Some people claim that Axl still reads this boards, and that he even posts stuff on an alternative account.

My question is, what makes you think that he would choose to come to this specific forum? Or are you saying that he does this in all the big GNR forums?

I think he probably reads and perhaps posts on all of them. I mean, wouldn't you? If there was a forum where people discuss my life and my work I'd definetely read it all the time and post there.

And the fact he comes here is known. Mods and admins have said more than once. Which is no surprise, really. This is the biggest and most significant forum out there. Every now and then some other forum pops up and steals some of the spotlight, but eventually they die, while MyGNR stays alive.

Actually, a few years ago when this forum was struggling, they helped.

Some people claim that Axl still reads this boards, and that he even posts stuff on an alternative account.

My question is, what makes you think that he would choose to come to this specific forum? Or are you saying that he does this in all the big GNR forums?

He comes here because as protected as Axl is from hearing the negativity, this place will bring out the truth. You come here and you will see very protective fans, and fans that will tell those protective fans how it is. You end up with good debates and good conversations about the band. Other places seem to be one extreme or the other. This place remains active and has a little but of everything.

I don't think Axl has been here or any forum for a while though. It's an old joke but he does seem to happy with doing nothing but his personal life. I think he'll come back when he does something career wise, but for now he knows what to expect if he came here.

• Like 1

But why should we care about these people. Del James was RIP editor and wrote a rubbish book 30 years ago. He has done nothing since. He is not a band member. Beta we are told is 'management'. Vanessa. Who the fuck is Vanessa? What does she do? Why should I care?

It is almost as if GN'R has become a sideshow of the Lebeis extended family.

Del James is the tour manager and I might add has pretty much the longest friendship regardless of what you think with Axl Rose.

Vanessa is part of the management overseeing Guns

Why should I care that he has had 'the longest friendship'? Del and Vanessa are basically on the pay roll as professional 'leeches'.

• Like 1

I think he probably reads and perhaps posts on all of them. I mean, wouldn't you? If there was a forum where people discuss my life and my work I'd definetely read it all the time and post there.

And the fact he comes here is known. Mods and admins have said more than once. Which is no surprise, really. This is the biggest and most significant forum out there. Every now and then some other forum pops up and steals some of the spotlight, but eventually they die, while MyGNR stays alive.

Who is "They" and how did "They" help?

Axl did come in here in 2008 and other GNR forums, I guess he owns a laptop and knows what is twitter and Youtube, so I can assume he would come here sometimes and see what is being written, Maybe some one who always talks negative about Slash and always defends Axl could be the Real Axl Rose

They've got NOTHING to post on GnR? I mean... all I've been seeing is Del James, TB and Kat posts on GnR social media. Who the fuck cares about these guys?

A surprisingly number o folks, apparently.

• Like 1

The Community Manager is Axl?? What's up with that mention of Lafayette?

0002%2020-Mar-15%2010.05.jpg

Its not Axl, that guy who handles the page knows Axl is from Lafayette

Yeah, we all know Axl is from Lafayette..... is that enough to also know there was a punch card thing all over west lafayette back in the day??

Have they responded to any of my posts asking for the status of a new album?

Do you go on FB by "Apollo"?

LOL

They have replied to a couple of 'haters' and to some people who engaged with the topic of the post.

Naw.

But I'm always very respectful and positive towards the band. And whenever I post, I usually "take on" the so-called haters. When people post about CD sucking or "this isn't the real GnR" or "Axl is such a prick" - I'll respond to those people and defend Axl and the band. And when I ask about the status of a new album I usually throw in a "millions of fans would love to hear new music" or something like that.

• Like 2

Who is "They" and how did "They" help?

Axl did come in here in 2008 and other GNR forums, I guess he owns a laptop and knows what is twitter and Youtube, so I can assume he would come here sometimes and see what is being written, Maybe some one who always talks negative about Slash and always defends Axl could be the Real Axl Rose

Well, I don't know who exactly "They" are. It's someone from inside. Team Brazil, if I'm not mistaken. A few years ago when MyGNR was about to die they put some money on it in order to save it. Which is why censorship was absurd at the time, they were all over it. So many people were banned, for the most stupid reasons... Even I was banned :lol:

That was when Guns N' Fn' Roses appeared, gathering all the banned members.