Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I love stuff like this.. when they know they can't talk (probably due to press embargo type arrangements) but they're totally communicating with the public. I wouldn't read too much into there being only four skeletons dancing - chances are, that's all he could find on short notice.

My thing is that I found the tweet to be silly and I can't believe so many people are discussing it.

Probably because this is the only thing Axl said "officially" since the first rumors came out... ;) I get his joke (especially when Chipotle is supposed to be better no? haha whatever!), not sure it was his best though, but no need to overreact about any of these rumors before Tuesday that's for sure.

They are real wankers, aren't they, playing mindgames with their fan base? I cannot be bothered with this nonsense any more. I think quite frankly Axl and Slash should stay away from social media completely and grow up a bit. I'll watch that interview as, and when, it happens.

They are real wankers, aren't they, playing mindgames with their fan base? I cannot be bothered with this nonsense any more. I think quite frankly Axl and Slash should stay away from social media completely and grow up a bit. I'll watch that interview as, and when, it happens.

I have to say the "I'm so mysterious" part of this marketing plan is getting a bit old. So much for the "mysterious" teasers which really didn't say much (ok some crowd shots and Axl's voice), random tweets and Instagram pics (Slash) are a bit boring too. Maybe they weren't allowed to say anything before Coachella, but come on they had the cards in hand, they could have negotiated a different marketing plan with Coachella and/ or the US/ European promoters. Some bands like U2, AC/DC or Muse (which are pretty big today) put tickets on sale for their shows a year in advance. If the GN'R tour is this year, tickets must be on sale very soon!

Slash was always informative and used social media often for updating his fanbase.

The fact that he doesn't do this anymore could only mean one thing :lol:

Slash was always informative and used social media often for updating his fanbase.

Very good point. :)

Very good point. :)

Corrupted by Team Brazil.

slash's facebook picture updates are strange. AS strange AS axl's twitter humor....

I can't believe yous are complaining about the 'marketing strategy', shut the fuck up, we're getting the reunion announcement on live television on Tuesday, just enjoy it!

We don't complain, just giving our opinion about it. Are we allowed to do so? Do we have to agree with everything most people think or say?

Axl's appearance on Kimmel will be very interesting, that's for sure!

I can't believe yous are complaining about the 'marketing strategy', shut the fuck up, we're getting the reunion announcement on live television on Tuesday, just enjoy it!

We don't complain, just giving our opinion about it. Are we allowed to do so? Do we have to agree with everything most people think or say?

Axl's appearance on Kimmel will be very interesting, that's for sure!

No you are right, you don't have to agree that is why we love this forum. I think no matter what he says on Jimmy people will find something to complain about, that's ok though life itself aint perfect

No you are right, you don't have to agree that is why we love this forum. I think no matter what he says on Jimmy people will find something to complain about, that's ok though life itself aint perfect

I'm probably in minority here, but personally I'd be happy whether he announces a tour with the original line-up or something else (like new music from the Chinese era or whatever). Obviously the Slash tour seems the most likely, but we shall see soon enough! I mean the guy hasn't been seen in 18 months, it will definitely be interesting, but you're right some will complain either way...

slash's facebook picture updates are strange. AS strange AS axl's twitter humor....

I don't have a facebook account so I can't tell

I think it would be living in further denial if we're are about to take his tweet as a "lighthearted joke". It is quite obvious he denied the whole reunion thing (in his own way). Best we can get (if he gets on Kimmel) is perhaps an annoucment on new album or something like that. The whole Slash/Duff reunion (at least with Slash) now seems like one big fat joke. I won't be holding my breath anymore.

Seriously? All the other evidence means NOTHING to you?

If Axl denies it what use do I have from all the "evidence"?

@keenan: Go back under your rock you live in.

I've been following and am up to date with all the rumours and online articles, has nothing to do with being uninformed. However, does Axl's tweet give you any real reason to be optimistic about reunion? I mean, we can "interpret" it whatever we want, but it's not really encouraging, is it?

Can I bet you money on whether or not Axl and Slash will share a stage this year? Please?

I would gladly lose that bet but I'm afraid we're all going to be dissapointed here.

Then I'm willing to wager any amount you name. :lol::headbang:

You think it's THEM who needs to grow up? Chill the fuck out. You sound ridiculous. Over a goofy happy new years taco bell tweet when we know a tv interview is set for Tuesday? Unreal. Get some fresh air dude.

Still upset because I criticised dog biscuits and Star Wars I see?

At this point I am just really hoping its not Guns N' Roses Feat. Slash or whatever. I hope he really becomes part of the band again and maybe they jam a little and start working on some new material. Seems like slash still wants to tour with the conspirators though. On a side note, Imagine if Slash played guitar on better live or there was a time. Then Axl sang Slither by velvet revolver. I'd shit myself.