Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Some of you are ridiculous :lol:

Are you really blaming the fans for reacting negatively to yet another stupid Axl tweet? I mean... After all these years of treating fans like shit and turning gnr into a joke I think it's OK to respond negatively to this kind of shit. Just my opinion as a frustrated fan.
Yes, I am :lol: It's a stupid fucking New Years tweet and people immediately take it to the next level and go crazy. Come the fuck on. The dude is supposed to be on Jimmy Kimmel next week to talk about shit, so who gives a fuck if he posts a drunk, stupid New Years tweet :lol:

Axl fans, the music cuckolds.

For the record, I went and saw VR play and not nuGNR. My loyalties, if they HAVE to be split, lie with Slash (though I much prefer both of them together). And I still think the people responding negatively to Axl's Tweet are ridiculous.

I think he was clearly teasing the reunion. There have been other reunion rumors before and he hasn't really said anything. Taco bell was an example of something he could confirm. I really don't think he gives a fuck about people talking about his weight.

I concur. The tweet was clearly a tease. I doubt it had anything to even do with his weight. He could have easily interchanged Taco Bell with anything else from food to the new Star Wars movie and the effect would be the same.

"The only 'confirmation' I can give is that the new Star Wars is amazing!"

It would read the same. Everybody is eagerly awaiting the reunion announcement so he decides to fuck with us and say "yes I'll confirm something" and then confirms something totally unrelated. It was clearly a joke and people are definitely reading too much into it. Just laugh, relax, and wait patiently for Tuesday.

Whatever dude :lol: I've criticized Axl plenty over the last few years, but people reacting so stupidly over an obvious, silly fucking tweet, days before we're supposed to see him on TV and before an announcement is supposed to be made, is fucking stupid. Carry on :lol:

Foreal

I think it would be living in further denial if we're are about to take his tweet as a "lighthearted joke". It is quite obvious he denied the whole reunion thing (in his own way). Best we can get (if he gets on Kimmel) is perhaps an annoucment on new album or something like that. The whole Slash/Duff reunion (at least with Slash) now seems like one big fat joke. I won't be holding my breath anymore.

Seriously? All the other evidence means NOTHING to you?

If Axl denies it what use do I have from all the "evidence"?

@keenan: Go back under your rock you live in.

I've been following and am up to date with all the rumours and online articles, has nothing to do with being uninformed. However, does Axl's tweet give you any real reason to be optimistic about reunion? I mean, we can "interpret" it whatever we want, but it's not really encouraging, is it?

Can I bet you money on whether or not Axl and Slash will share a stage this year? Please?

I would gladly lose that bet but I'm afraid we're all going to be dissapointed here.

Where would we be without Axl? Cracking jokes on twitter for us all to have a laugh over for the week before he's on Kimmel, one of the few frontmen left who cares about their fans like that

:awesomeface::axl:

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

Who, out there, doesn't love Taco Bell, really? Nothing better than a Mexican Pizza when you're out for late night chow at like 2 AM with your other half. As far as his tweet goes - he's just having fun, I tend to think. He'll be on Kimmel and there will be a tour announcement of some sort - I don't know if you see the rest of the guys (or even just Slash, really) - but I'd be willing to wager a fair amount of money this is happening pretty much as the articles have laid out. Just look at where the news started trickling down from - promoters and the like... I say it often, but 'follow the money' - When you're dealing with major corporations (i.e. ABC, or, you know, DIsney) - they're not apt to allow for many tweets out there to say Axl will be on the show next week without out issuing some sort of tacit denial - they just don't seem like the kind of company who would allow this type of stuff to run rampant unless they'd benefit from it.