Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I honestly didn't mind him as much as others, but just the thought of not having to see DJ do his stupid shit during Patience makes me so happy. I can't wait.

I wonder why nobody in the band ever told him that it sounded like vomit. They seemed to make fun of it on stage though.

God i hate this person so much.

Whatever. Silkworms is a fantastic alternative rock tune. I hope they'll finally release a studio version so more people can understand why.

What does that have to do with DJ shitting on Patience?

And yet we have 10 threads on the forum instead of 1, thats the difference :)

We are the diehards. Axl doesn't have to sell us. The number of forum topics has nothing to do with what T&H general rock world thinks.

And you are implying that the buzz would die down if a lineup was released and if Axl did an interview? Are you new to the GnR world?

For a while the thread was full of whining of those who hate and don't want Pitman. Now that he's gone it's full of whining that Pitman is gone, and that the whole GNR is a joke. Axl, Slash and Duff are in. Who cares what hired hands or session musicians they decide to hire? While rehearsing they might still change their minds 45 times depending on how things sound and what they all like or what they don't like. Nothing wrong about it.

The majority of fans out there care about the entire band. Go read any online story about GnR. Even their official Facebook page is full of fans wanting original members. Just because you don't care doesn't mean the majority agrees with you.

You've made a few posts saying the big three are all that matter and rotating the other members is fine. That's not the definition of what a true band is. That not how a real band operates. They aren't a fantasy sports team.

If your theory is reality then they need to drop the GnR name and tour under a new band name.

I like the TMS interview because he sounds like Axl, and you can tell he's enjoying making those guys miserable for making him do an interview after a show.

I think that's as passive aggressive as it gets, but it's weird to me that for a guy who hates interviews and hates talking to press that when he actually gets in the situation he looks like he's enjoying himself. Like in that interview he looked like the only one that was having a good time. I think he likes talking and telling stories but it seems like someone has to pull his teeth to do it in front of camera.

It's really Trunk's fault... He was practically begging Axl... It was probably pay back for leaking Chinese. Trunk could have insisted on a set time. Instead he went there without any real commitments.

Lol. No. Not how it happened at all.

For a while the thread was full of whining of those who hate and don't want Pitman. Now that he's gone it's full of whining that Pitman is gone, and that the whole GNR is a joke. Axl, Slash and Duff are in. Who cares what hired hands or session musicians they decide to hire? While rehearsing they might still change their minds 45 times depending on how things sound and what they all like or what they don't like. Nothing wrong about it.

The majority of fans out there care about the entire band. Go read any online story about GnR. Even their official Facebook page is full of fans wanting original members. Just because you don't care doesn't mean the majority agrees with you.

You've made a few posts saying the big three are all that matter and rotating the other members is fine. That's not the definition of what a true band is. That not how a real band operates. They aren't a fantasy sports team.

If your theory is reality then they need to drop the GnR name and tour under a new band name.

You are totally wrong. Do you honestly think casual fans are visiting GNR's Facebook page? Lol. Half (or more) of GNR's fanbase doesn't even use Facebook. Not everyone is a 16 year old girl following every movement of their favorite bands on Facebook.

Fact is, mostly diehard fans are visiting this forum, GNR's website and any of GNR's social media pages. They're the one's primarily posting on social media. And they really all sound like idiots. Who in the world would want to put their face and name to some of those comments? And if you ask me, even the diehards are split on what constitutes a reunion. I've been a GNR fan since the first time WTTJ aired on MTV when I was around 10 years old. So I'd consider myself a diehard. And in my mind, all you need for a reunion is Axl, Slash and Duff.

To the casual fan all that matters is Axl and Slash. Anyone else behind them does not matter to the casual fan. Besides Axl and Slash, most casual fans couldn't even tell you who else was in the band at all at any point in time!

And don't lecture people on what a band is. That argument is about as stale as any leftover opened beers sitting around from New Years.

If your panties are all bunched up over it not being the original lineup, here's a brilliant idea, DON'T GO TO THE SHOWS!

Don't support the band... or non-band or fantasy band team or whatever you want to call it.

I, for one, will be there with bells on. As long as the red head and top hat are on the same stage together.

Edited by Matt13
  • Like 1

You are totally wrong. Do you honestly think casual fans are visiting GNR's Facebook page? Lol. Half (or more) of GNR's fanbase doesn't even use Facebook. Not everyone is a 16 year old girl following every movement of their favorite bands on Facebook.

Fact is, mostly diehard fans are visiting this forum, GNR's website and any of GNR's social media pages. They're the one's primarily posting on social media. And they really all sound like idiots. Who in the world would want to put their face and name to some of those comments? And if you ask me, even the diehards are split on what constitutes a reunion. I've been a GNR fan since the first time WTTJ aired on MTV when I was around 10 years old. So I'd consider myself a diehard. And in my mind, all you need for a reunion is Axl, Slash and Duff.

To the casual fan all that matters is Axl and Slash. Anyone else behind them does not matter to the casual fan. Besides Axl and Slash, most casual fans couldn't even tell you who else was in the band at all at any point in time!

And don't lecture people on what a band is. That argument is about as stale as any leftover opened beers sitting around from New Years.

If your panties are all bunched up over it not being the original lineup, here's a brilliant idea, DON'T GO TO THE SHOWS!

Don't support the band... or non-band or fantasy band team or whatever you want to call it.

I, for one, will be there with bells on. As long as the red head and top hat are on the same stage together.

Why so mad?

Are you new to the forum? I've said a thousand times that I don't care who is in the band as long as Axl his fronting it. I want new Axl music and couldn't care less who is in the band.

Your post is pretty much 100% wrong on everything you posted. From your rant about FB to casual fans to my opinion on GnR and axl and finally on what constitutes a band. You missed the boat. Sorry.

It's ok to just chat with people, bro, without getting so riled up when you think people are attacking your beloved big Two.

I like the TMS interview because he sounds like Axl, and you can tell he's enjoying making those guys miserable for making him do an interview after a show.

I think that's as passive aggressive as it gets, but it's weird to me that for a guy who hates interviews and hates talking to press that when he actually gets in the situation he looks like he's enjoying himself. Like in that interview he looked like the only one that was having a good time. I think he likes talking and telling stories but it seems like someone has to pull his teeth to do it in front of camera.

It's really Trunk's fault... He was practically begging Axl... It was probably pay back for leaking Chinese. Trunk could have insisted on a set time. Instead he went there without any real commitments.

Lol. No. Not how it happened at all.

That's exactly what happened. Trunk went in to that with no real commitment.

Pitman refering to that 80s band must mean it will be the afd line up at coachella or izzy has turned up at

Yeah that seemed harsh there are other ways to blow off steam at mgmt. Or maybe Axl really did kick his ass out. :blink:

If he got kicked out, the post would have been a lot worse than that. I think the 80s statement is a stab at people not considering the band from 2001-2015 a legitimate band.

I honestly didn't mind him as much as others, but just the thought of not having to see DJ do his stupid shit during Patience makes me so happy. I can't wait.

I wonder why nobody in the band ever told him that it sounded like vomit. They seemed to make fun of it on stage though.

God i hate this person so much.

Whatever. Silkworms is a fantastic alternative rock tune. I hope they'll finally release a studio version so more people can understand why.

What does that have to do with DJ shitting on Patience?

Indeed nothing. Thanks for noticing my lack of attention.

It's all good. The Silkworms discussion no doubt rattled a few chains. ;)

Where would the world be without ''pussies full of maggots''?

Masterful lyrics. Something that inspires.

Chinese Democracy would have been a better album if there was more Pussy full of Maggots.

What could we do with a bitch like that song?

Where would the world be without ''pussies full of maggots''?

Masterful lyrics. Something that inspires.

Chinese Democracy would have been a better album if there was more Pussy full of Maggots.

What could we do with a bitch like that song?

Pussy is Pussy, even if it is full of maggots.

We need more hard songs like that.

Chinese Democracy the album cannot be played without Pitman. Sorry. So, his role is vital.

I suppose, in some bands such a player could be offstage, but I don't see the point.

If you play on the material, then why not be on stage.

November Rain can't be played without him either. His additions make it sound studio quality.

Maybe he can add some dubstep samples to Nightrain.

See, like... These are things he doesn't ever do. I don't know why people say he adds beats to older GNR tracks. He literally doesn't ever do that. Usually on the older tracks he plays a tambourine or some extra keys. That's it.

He doesn't try to make songs sound "techno" or whatever, as people say. So stupid.

• Like 1