Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Good to have (at least part of) that TMS interview back up again, and in better video quality to boot. Weird how he casually drops a mention of songs post-Chinese in there. I wonder if Slash and Duff will be recording over Robin and Bucket or if they'll be adding extra solos and parts, like how Bucket's solo was added after the track Chinese Democracy was already performed a few times in 2001.

RIP Axl's Hetfield 'tache

Man that is not a comfortable vibe in that interview haha.

It was around 5 in the morning I think after everyone was up all night. I don't think any of them really wanted to be there.

Yeah, this was way after the gig ended and Trunk and Florentine had no idea if Axl was going to show. You can tell Axl's on a different timezone than the rest of the world there lol.

My theory is there will be two bands... The "touring band" and the Coachella lineup. Since Coachella is such a HUGE event and close to LA, this is where you will get the AFD 5 and some UYI lineups to make everyone happy... Then, when the stadium tour starts, you get the Franks, Richards, Pittman's plus Slash, Duff, Axl etc...

Pretty intelligent post right there. I think you're onto something.

• Like 1

This was the tweet, if anyone is wondering, So basically the Management told him Shut the hell up, you are not Guns N' Roses. Axl, Slash and Duff are Guns N' Roses. Poor guy is in the "band" since 1998 and cant even express himself about playing a show

https://twitter.com/CPitmanofficial/status/686486371775545344

So they ask him to be quiet, and he posts it on Twitter. Interesting.

#GamesForDays

This was the tweet, if anyone is wondering, So basically the Management told him Shut the hell up, you are not Guns N' Roses. Axl, Slash and Duff are Guns N' Roses. Poor guy is in the "band" since 1998 and cant even express himself about playing a show

#GamesForDays

He is kind of acting like a child about it, to be honest.

I like the TMS interview because he sounds like Axl, and you can tell he's enjoying making those guys miserable for making him do an interview after a show.

I think that's as passive aggressive as it gets, but it's weird to me that for a guy who hates interviews and hates talking to press that when he actually gets in the situation he looks like he's enjoying himself. Like in that interview he looked like the only one that was having a good time. I think he likes talking and telling stories but it seems like someone has to pull his teeth to do it in front of camera.

I like the TMS interview because he sounds like Axl, and you can tell he's enjoying making those guys miserable for making him do an interview after a show.

I think that's as passive aggressive as it gets, but it's weird to me that for a guy who hates interviews and hates talking to press that when he actually gets in the situation he looks like he's enjoying himself. Like in that interview he looked like the only one that was having a good time. I think he likes talking and telling stories but it seems like someone has to pull his teeth to do it in front of camera.

It's really Trunk's fault... He was practically begging Axl... It was probably pay back for leaking Chinese. Trunk could have insisted on a set time. Instead he went there without any real commitments.

Pretty much everyone except Axl was surplus in that interview. They should have just sat him on a chair, trained a camera at him and said go. :lol:

#GamesForDays

He is kind of acting like a child about it, to be honest.

Totally agree with you. He needs to realize he's nothing more than a session guy. It's like the kid that got picked last in the dodgeball draft, stood in the back but celebrated when the "team" won. The hard truth is that nobody is going to care what Richard, Frank or Chris have to say about the band as they desperately try to fit in by re-tweeting compliments from asskissers and posting ugly screen shot photos of the Coachella promo. It's sad. Just be thankful you have a job because you can easily be replaced. You didn't write these songs and you're not responsible for the band's legend.

Edited by jjflyer

Because someone paid them a ton of money for the first interview....there's a lot of strings being pulled right now. This reunion is following a money trail.