Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

My theory is there will be two bands... The "touring band" and the Coachella lineup. Since Coachella is such a HUGE event and close to LA, this is where you will get the AFD 5 and some UYI lineups to make everyone happy... Then, when the stadium tour starts, you get the Franks, Richards, Pittman's plus Slash, Duff, Axl etc...

Pretty intelligent post right there. I think you're onto something.
The tour is where Izzy will cut out. But he might be at Coachella for the 1 million bucks? Izzy and Steven will be at Coachella even if they arent playing? So its going to happen at some point. Maybe encore. Edited by wasted

I can see him being out If it's about the money. I mean, why pay an extra keyboardist/synth member? Maybe he just got his pink ticket in the mail. Or maybe the final lineup isn't/wasn't finalized and he got the boot to make way for a full reunion. I can't see him being that dumb to tweet about being told to shut up unless there was a shake up. Or that's just his way of telling fans to stop asking him about GNR topics since he can't talk about it.

What people don't get is that with a band/brand it is all about having one message that is clear and on topic. From here on out management will probably screen social media postings before they are posted to remain on topic and message with out the message getting scrambled.

That's sounds like something "The worlds most dangerous band" would do. :headbang:

what a time to live in.

I was hoping for a more official announcement, or an announcement of an announcement today, but maybe the unfortunate passing of David Bowie has delayed it. If they want a TV announcement that will get seen by everyone, they need to set something set up with Jimmy Fallon. He is the biggest late night show. Everything that happens on Fallon becomes viral the next day. They could announce in person Coachella, any possibility of warm up gigs, and a future tour. If they don't ever do anything and just do Coachella, it is a huge missed opportunity to get people interested in this reunion. Then again, we have no idea what this really even is.

I can see him being out If it's about the money. I mean, why pay an extra keyboardist/synth member? Maybe he just got his pink ticket in the mail. Or maybe the final lineup isn't/wasn't finalized and he got the boot to make way for a full reunion. I can't see him being that dumb to tweet about being told to shut up unless there was a shake up. Or that's just his way of telling fans to stop asking him about GNR topics since he can't talk about it.

What people don't get is that with a band/brand it is all about having one message that is clear and on topic. From here on out management will probably screen social media postings before they are posted to remain on topic and message with out the message getting scrambled.

Yeah. They should have been doing that from the start though.

Didn't someone named Evadaer recorded a remix of SIlkworms via youtube?

I'm registered here for about 3 years. I used to check news about gnr once in a month or two but this is the first time I need to comment something. Holy shit, I love this so much. I don't like the live version as I can't hear anything clear but this. I love it. I'm also a big fan of "Oh My God" so that explains a lot :lol:

• Like 1

As a business professional, I gotta say that they're doing this right.

Everyone knows that Axl, Slash, and Duff are performing under the name GNR at Coachella.

The very first time they're seen together in over twenty years will be on stage at Coachella. That's MASSIVE.

Having them appear together at a cheesy press conference would take so much mystique and power out of their appearance on stage.

I'm impressed. Clearly, Beta and Fernie had nothing to do with this.

Didn't someone named Evadaer recorded a remix of SIlkworms via youtube?

Wow! That's awful.

The very first time they're seen together in over twenty years will be on stage at Coachella. That's MASSIVE.

Having them appear together at a cheesy press conference would take so much mystique and power out of their appearance on stage.

I'd still love to see some press photo release.

(Sorry, I don't know if I said it right, english is not my birth language).

• Like 1

My theory is there will be two bands... The "touring band" and the Coachella lineup. Since Coachella is such a HUGE event and close to LA, this is where you will get the AFD 5 and some UYI lineups to make everyone happy... Then, when the stadium tour starts, you get the Franks, Richards, Pittman's plus Slash, Duff, Axl etc...

Get everybody all excited by seeing the real GNR and then put three of the real guys plus a bunch of ham and eggers on tour? That seems like it would be a pretty bad plan.

Seems like Pitman deleted his twitter post about the GNR mngmt thing..

I'd guess he was told to, since media is now picking up on it & reporting.. :/

The "most important" member causing trouble... He's got no survival instincts or what?

n_zpsah9jdx1q.png

That hallow (or semi-hallow) body makes me wonder if they're working up some acoustic material.

That'd be pretty cool - a new acoustic EP in the Lies fashion. All the same he might have had that in his collection for a long time. Maybe he intends to break it out for You're Crazy or UTLH. Depending on the arrangement for Patience that's another possibility.

I honestly didn't mind him as much as others, but just the thought of not having to see DJ do his stupid shit during Patience makes me so happy. I can't wait.

I wonder why nobody in the band ever told him that it sounded like vomit. They seemed to make fun of it on stage though.

God i hate this person so much.

I'm a big fan of ChiDem (both the album and the era itself), but I got to say, Silkworms sucks so bad. It's right there with My World. A few cool lyrics, but other than that, utter garbage.

That picture of Duff's basses made me so excited. It's really fucking happening!

(I'm hoping one new song.)

Edited by jekylhyde

I like OMG, it's the best of the numetal or whatever stuff. Silkworms is really bad.

That hallow (or semi-hallow) body makes me wonder if they're working up some acoustic material.

Someone speculated about a possible acoustic album. That would be great! Especially if it had two new songs.