Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

IF that actually fernando messaged him, then IF he said its possible, then it should be true as Fernando is close to Axl, but well that din't happen. Im sure Kimmel would be informed a few days in Advance, this is what happened in the beginning of this year, thats how it got spread, but Axl cancelled it at the end moment. 

I need a phone video of Fernando and Manets holding "Mygnr" signs and a current date newspaper before I will believe anything either one says. 

• Like 4

Knowing Axl he won't be going on Kimmel or any other show on TV... i'm surprised he even went on Kimmel back in 2012. I honestly think Axl just wants to live a private normal life like the rest of us when he isn't on the road touring. He doesn't owe anybody anything anymore those days ended decades ago for him. He doesn't need to expand his brand or name. He already did that long ago.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

I need a phone video of Fernando and Manets holding "Mygnr" signs and a current date newspaper before I will believe anything either one says. 

Is anyone forcing you to believe anything? has it become a habit for you not letting other people give their opinions? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Is anyone forcing you to believe anything? has it become a habit for you not letting other people give their opinions? 

Oh the irony. 

You've posted that same message 27 times in the Izzy topic . Demanding Izzy meet your criteria. You've made 107 posts in the Izzy topic claiming it is a hacker and not really Izzy. 

But somebody else posts one time about being skeptical of "insider information" and you start lasting out at them? Boy, that's rich. 

Why are you taking Manets word that Fernando emailed him.....but you've made it your forum meaning of life to dispute that Izzy called Downliner? Why the double standard?

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Oh the irony. 

You've posted that same message 27 times in the Izzy topic . Demanding Izzy meet your criteria. You've made 107 posts in the Izzy topic claiming it is a hacker and not really Izzy. 

But somebody else posts one time about being skeptical of "insider information" and you start lasting out at them? Boy, that's rich. 

Why are you taking Manets word that Fernando emailed him.....but you've made it your forum meaning of life to dispute that Izzy called Downliner? Why the double standard?

Who is saying Im taking Manets word? I don't even know him. I really don't know how you come up with these conclusions. 

So what if I have my doubts? 

It would be better if you stop extending this thing and find another place to talk about it to some one else. I really don't get your problem, according to you, you are always correct and no one else can have doubts?

@sonofnazareth asked and I said who posted about it, end of the story. 

There are other posters on that thread too, everyone has their opinion, we don't make personal jabs or target one person, we just have a healthy discussion, some believe, some don't. We discuss the tweets, we have discussed that if he will show up or not, every one has a different take on things. 

And Don't you talk about "demanding". If I like to see Izzy up there or Steven up there, its not demanding, None of us have control over the band members, everyone has their choice, Maybe some one else likes Fortus better, I can just say well I like Izzy better and I want him there. You have also posted so many times that Axl should release music, well why are you demanding music from that poor 50 year old then? Its his choice to release. It is not demanding if some one has a personal choice or is just asking for something. 

I always saw you as a really good poster on here, argue with me on more time about that Izzy thing, Im going to put you on ignore for good. 

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

Knowing Axl he won't be going on Kimmel or any other show on TV... i'm surprised he even went on Kimmel back in 2012. I honestly think Axl just wants to live a private normal life like the rest of us when he isn't on the road touring. He doesn't owe anybody anything anymore those days ended decades ago for him. He doesn't need to expand his brand or name. He already did that long ago.  

Yep I think he just does what he enjoys to do which is the performing and music side.

He doesn't like interviews and would you too if you kept being asked or pushed into reforming the old group by every interviewer. Asked the same stupid questions over the last 30 years in every interview. I think his over it. He just wants to do the music and piss off the rest of the shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Yep I think he just does what he enjoys to do which is the performing and music side.

He doesn't like interviews and would you too if you kept being asked or pushed into reforming the old group by every interviewer. Asked the same stupid questions over the last 30 years in every interview. I think his over it. He just wants to do the music and piss off the rest of the shit.

Agree! How many folk say they hate the interview process but they keep doing them anyway, Axl is doing this his way and I get why folk don't like it but its who he is.

In a way I can understand them too. Looking at the latest Pitman's posts - to be honest noone can even be 100% sure what he meant with the nostalgia money grab thing and who it was directed at and yet there are already some papers that made it their headlines that Pitman calls the GNR tour this and that and that he is out.

If they were all giving interviews probably there'd be plenty of headlines about how Slash called this or called that, what he said about Axl, what he said about the nu members, what he said about CD and the possibility of playing those songs and all or most of these quotes would be twisted, taken out of contest, cut and pasted, just to make them as sensational as can be. Same with Duff, same with Axl. If it is the last thing they want I am not surprised. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, starlight said:

From just giving a single interview where it is explained how they ended up doing this reunion and speaking constantly to the media there's a difference ,GNR should have a press conference answering all questions

Yeah, that is true. A single press conference or TV interview done by the big three wouldn't hurt for sure. but they probably have their reasons... ;)

Its clear they're avoiding media at all costs for the moment to avoid fallouts and questions they cannot answer atm (tour dates, guests etc.). What I also think is clear is that we will eventually get a sit down interview with the 3 amigos eventually (all questions preprepared and screened by the guys), explaining why the reunion and what's changed. I think they're just feeling it out for the moment and I wouldn't anticipate many more dates if any before Vegas, until they have the members, the tunes and their relationships solid. I think we would have had something by now if the shows weren't selling out, but the promo vids are cutting it, so why change a winning formula for the moment. All in good time my friends, all in good time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babooshka said:

I don't agree with a press conference. A sit down with a suitable host, sure. But a press conference will invite all kinds of issues.

Issues? What issues. It is a rock band for crying out loud!! Just say who is drumming. Every other band does it. Every other reunion does it.

• Like 3

I think once they finalize the hybrid line up for example there would dissenters saying this is not a reunion. And all these sites will jump on it and it will snowball until people going will just be bombarded by this negativity. Axl might want to address it but the promoters just want focus on the big 3 not this negative debate. 

Also they not have finalized the line up, things can change in rehearsal but to sell it they put Axl, Slash and Duff out front. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Issues? What issues. It is a rock band for crying out loud!! Just say who is drumming. Every other band does it. Every other reunion does it.

lol. No kidding. 

Somehow every other band in the world is able to handle interviews and the media without any difficulty. 

And lol. Fans here still think that the entire world's media is out to get Axl. 

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

GNR cant answer questions when they dont know the answers themselves. At any point this whole thing could all fall apart. It's always been that way. Why the fuck is anyone surprised?

With six shows lined up and the band being paid somewhere between 3-7 million dollars per show, you would think the members of the band would be set. 

I don't think we'll know who's in the band until the first show. I remember Axl's interview with Eddie Trunk in 06 when he asked who the new guitar player would be (Bumblefoot) a week before the Hammerstein show and he still wouldn't say. 

• Like 1

The lineup is locked in, its Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy and Frank, they're not revealing the lineup because they would be slaughtered by the media for trying to pass it off as a reunion (even though they haven't called it that themselves, its how its being interpreted), and because its still hit and miss with Izzy+Steven. They're negotiating dates and have left enough lineup clues out there. What else is there to say at this point?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do you think a room full of journalists are only going to ask questions about the line-up?

And no @Apollo I don't think people are out to get the band, it's just how things are done in the media world. Journalists look for headlines and clickbait, that is their job. Twice Slash tried to stop questions about Axl/GNR, twice it was blown up and he was made to look difficult.

They may simply not want to comb over everything that happened, or deal with questions asking them if it's a money grab etc.

A sit down with a host will get all the answers about the line-up and whatever else. Also from a fan perspective, it's actually a better format.

• Like 2