Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

13 minutes ago, Todo Poderoso Timão said:

Remember what Axl said a few years ago: Izzy's not reliable for a tour.

Maybe guest appearences and that's it.

Axl is in fact cracking jokes. Izzy is not reliable?  Izzy never showed up 3 hour late to show, nor he ever started a riot. Izzy doesn't sing with a Mickey Mouse voice and he never fucked it up with the lyrics of his songs.

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

A picture Del just posted - is this an older piece, or the first piece of current paraphernalia? Certainly looks like Slash's sort of designs.

https://twitter.com/deljamesgang/status/704749500057808896/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

It's a UYI tour after show pass. The illustration was designed by Mike Staggs, it's titled "Pretty Tied Up".

1 hour ago, nn18 said:

Yeah, my first thought was - That's deffinitely Slash 

14 minutes ago, fernandoGNR said:

It's a UYI tour after show pass. The illustration was designed by Mike Staggs, it's titled "Pretty Tied Up".

And it's in the Booklet for UYI2 - I guess most people have digital copies these days though, and no booklets / artwork / album sleeves. Which is a shame!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Apollo said:

You say that like its a good thing. 

As a fan, wouldn't you prefer it if Axl's career (and GnR's) was defined by 10 killer albums, amazing tours and because of how fan friendly they are?

Rants, not showing up for concerts, riots, 20 years between albums, not fan friendly.......these are things we accept as fans. But they aren't positives or things to be happy about. 

Hypothetically, you are correct, as a fan, all of that would be great. Back to how it is though, I'd still say they have 3 classic albums and some classic tours to show for it. So all things considered, not bad for a band that had about a 5 year "mainstream" legacy. All that stuff in your last line is GNR to me. It's their legacy. Like how every AC/DC song sounds alike. Or Alice Cooper has his shock routine. Sure GNR's is more negative, but it's rock and roll to me. I love the whole selfish, clusterfucked, monstrosity that is and has been Guns N Roses. To me, their music catalog makes up for it. And maybe the way they are and have always been adds to the music?

40 minutes ago, Padme said:

Axl is in fact cracking jokes. Izzy is not reliable?  Izzy never showed up 3 hour late to show, nor he ever started a riot. Izzy doesn't sing with a Mickey Mouse voice and he never fucked it up with the lyrics of his songs.

Maybe he's not reliable for a tour? He did bail on them right in the middle of their biggest tour once, and hasn't shown much interest in the limelight since.

Not sure about your Izzy/Axl comparison. Seems like you just wanted to bash Axl a little. That's ok. Sometimes venting helps me feel better too.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

They could possibly use the logo again though. I just came here wondering the same thing.

I noticed they started using the GnFnRs scribble too. Both on their website and social media. 

48 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Actually looks like it's definitely from the UYI tour. Would have been cool if they were using it for the upcoming shows though.

It screams Slash to me and I think that's a good sign.

14 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

One of the first tweets he put out, since deleted obviously, was @axl and said "you owe me big time bro"... 

Now that we know it's him, wtf ya think that was about???

This is strange as all hell...

Maybe Izzy didn't want to get involved on twitter. He's just clearing things up for Axl. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

The lineup is locked in, its Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy and Frank, they're not revealing the lineup because they would be slaughtered by the media for trying to pass it off as a reunion (even though they haven't called it that themselves, its how its being interpreted), and because its still hit and miss with Izzy+Steven. They're negotiating dates and have left enough lineup clues out there. What else is there to say at this point?

They're better off coming clean, especially now that Izzy has talked, than leaving it for the fallout to ensue after thousands of people have paid ~$400 expecting something they weren't going to get.

Some may not agree with a press conference or anything, but the fact is that Guns N' Roses should be controlling the narrative and not letting the media and fans speculate to such a wild extent. They should have their shit together and they should be straight in telling people what will happen. If they don't do it now, they will have to do it when it's too late.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sprite said:

Hypothetically, you are correct, as a fan, all of that would be great. Back to how it is though, I'd still say they have 3 classic albums and some classic tours to show for it. So all things considered, not bad for a band that had about a 5 year "mainstream" legacy. All that stuff in your last line is GNR to me. It's their legacy. Like how every AC/DC song sounds alike. Or Alice Cooper has his shock routine. Sure GNR's is more negative, but it's rock and roll to me. I love the whole selfish, clusterfucked, monstrosity that is and has been Guns N Roses. To me, their music catalog makes up for it. And maybe the way they are and have always been adds to the music?

Maybe he's not reliable for a tour? He did bail on them right in the middle of their biggest tour once, and hasn't shown much interest in the limelight since.

Not sure about your Izzy/Axl comparison. Seems like you just wanted to bash Axl a little. That's ok. Sometimes venting helps me feel better too.

I'm not venting. Axl is not in a position to call anyone else unreliable after everything we've seen from him over the years while on tour. 

• Like 3

I think some people might be reading too much into this whole Izzy thing. I still think he will show up at some point, maybe not for these announced shows, but if a tour happens. I think he'll make some guest spots.

As for the song choice, it MAY have something to do with Axl, but not the way people are thinking. I think the video shows that Izzy is happy and at peace with his life. Why risk that, for ANY reason or ANY amount of money? I can respect the guy for that. He doesn't need or want the spotlight, he is not motivated by the things most celebrities are, which I totally respect him for. Doing a full fledged gnr reunion would compromise his integrity, and he's just not willing to do it. I think THATS the real message behind that song. Which is the what the songwriter is talking about.

Out of all the gnr guys, I can relate to Izzy the most. Back when I was in a band, and we started to get some success, I actually told my wife that "if we ever actually make it and get signed, I'm only going to play on the first 3 albums or so, then I'm done. I'll quit the band, and probably music in general." I said those things because the business side just sucks the fun right out of it. Yes the 2 hours or so you are in stage is great, but the rest of the crap I was sick of dealing with, and I was only on a small level. I can't imagine it on a gnr type level. When I said that, I wasn't even thinking about Izzy tbh, I was just stating what I felt. But now I see the similarities. So I get why Izzy does what Izzy does, he just plain doesn't need it any more.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I think some people might be reading too much into this whole Izzy thing. I still think he will show up at some point, maybe not for these announced shows, but if a tour happens. I think he'll make some guest spots.

As for the song choice, it MAY have something to do with Axl, but not the way people are thinking. I think the video shows that Izzy is happy and at peace with his life. Why risk that, for ANY reason or ANY amount of money? I can respect the guy for that. He doesn't need or want the spotlight, he is not motivated by the things most celebrities are, which I totally respect him for. Doing a full fledged gnr reunion would compromise his integrity, and he's just not willing to do it. I think THATS the real message behind that song. Which is the what the songwriter is talking about.

Out of all the gnr guys, I can relate to Izzy the most. Back when I was in a band, and we started to get some success, I actually told my wife that "if we ever actually make it and get signed, I'm only going to play on the first 3 albums or so, then I'm done. I'll quit the band, and probably music in general." I said those things because the business side just sucks the fun right out of it. Yes the 2 hours or so you are in stage is great, but the rest of the crap I was sick of dealing with, and I was only on a small level. I can't imagine it on a gnr type level. When I said that, I wasn't even thinking about Izzy tbh, I was just stating what I felt. But now I see the similarities. So I get why Izzy does what Izzy does, he just plain doesn't need it any more.

Yeah, same here, I'm still in "the game" (going on tours, making records), the creative side is great, the business is fucking lame. It has made me really cynical and I dislike everybody in the music business that's not on the creative side of it (the artists). From what I've learned everybody else in the biz are bloodsuckers. I've been thinking about quitting for a couple of years now and I've come to the realization that you can skip the shitty bit (business) and keep the creative bit, but when you skip the shitty bit you'll also have a hard time getting the same level of appreciation for your art (because you're not longer in the "limelight"), and the appreciation is a really nice part of it.
Oh, man. Sorry for the OT!

4 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Yeah, same here, I'm still in "the game" (going on tours, making records), the creative side is great, the business is fucking lame. It has made me really cynical and I dislike everybody in the music business that's not on the creative side of it (the artists). From what I've learned everybody else in the biz are bloodsuckers. I've been thinking about quitting for a couple of years now and I've come to the realization that you can skip the shitty bit (business) and keep the creative bit, but when you skip the shitty bit you'll also have a hard time getting the same level of appreciation for your art (because you're not longer in the "limelight"), and the appreciation is a really nice part of it.
Oh, man. Sorry for the OT!

I guess I just got to the point where I realized how many people's approval do you really need? What I mean by that is it doesn't matter if it's 20 people or 20,000,000, you still feel the same about yourself at the end of the night. I think that's the big message that a lot of people miss out on when they say things like "I want to be famous." Why do you want to be famous? For fame itself? It's really not worth anything. Sure the money is probably nice, but once you become secure (like Izzy is) how much money do you really need? 

If you are really into an artform, for the sake of loving that artform (music, painting, acting, whatever) then you can still do it, and love it, without the "other side" of it. Sure perhaps you can't make a living at it, but again if you love it, then money isn't your motivation. I can still write, record, and even perform music whenever I want. I've just learned that the approval of my friends and family, and most important MYSELF is all that really matters. I don't need strangers telling me I'm great.

I can't speak for Izzy, but I feel like he is in the same boat. He can still write, record, and perform music whenever he wants. He seems very at peace with it all. He doesn't need all us screaming gnr fans filling his ego, because he doesn't care about having an ego in the first place. That's something both Axl and Slash could learn a thing or two about. I still feel he will show up when he is ready to, but it's going to be after the madness has calmed down some, and he sees everything running fairly smoothly. And when he does show up, it will be to play these songs with his friends on stage again. It won't be for money, or fame, or even US fans. It'll be because that's what he feels like doing at that moment. I get it, and I respect him for that.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1