Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Yep, he apologized to everyone but the fans. He attacked a large percentage of us on here. Don't think the crew or band (Axl not included) gave a shit about his comments.

I really doubt his continued presence with GNR, unless he's even closer to Axl than we actually thought.

On a positive, whoever was the person monitoring pitman's Facebook ( why someone would do that????) and spotted him saying all the negative stuff is probably the reason old Chris is in Hot water now. Doubt  that blabbermouth, or any or news sites knew of his other accounts or followed them. Bet they got the story from here. Congrats :)

Edited by Tom2112

11 hours ago, DustNBones1990 said:

Slash's recent Instagram post says a special announcement is coming tomorrow. Could it be GN'R related? :shock:

Seems like it'll be related to the Cloverfield sequel given the context.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gunsguy said:

EnThx Slash France on twitter

Screenshot_2016-03-04-01-04-34.png

If these end up for sale along the line either with GNR merch or Slash's site, I'm definitely buying a couple packs. One pack to use, one pack to collect. Of course, I could try to catch a couple at the show but what are my chances? These look a lot better than say the EVH picks which are just the generic plastic grey Dunlop pick with an EVH logo where the Dunlop one should be.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

If these end up for sale along the line either with GNR merch or Slash's site, I'm definitely buying a couple packs. One pack to use, one pack to collect. Of course, I could try to catch a couple at the show but what are my chances? These look a lot better than say the EVH picks which are just the generic plastic grey Dunlop pick with an EVH logo where the Dunlop one should be.

I have one of Dj's that I caught at the UCAP show in Philly. It's neat, but way more intricate of a design. Love the simplicity of this one. It's GN'R, it's Slash, that's it. Would love to be close enough to catch one, but I doubt I have the money necessary to get on the barrier, much less the luck to catch a pick at a stadium show.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I have one of Dj's that I caught at the UCAP show in Philly. It's neat, but way more intricate of a design. Love the simplicity of this one. It's GN'R, it's Slash, that's it. Would love to be close enough to catch one, but I doubt I have the money necessary to get on the barrier, much less the luck to catch a pick at a stadium show.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I'd happily buy a pack of these. I love the feel of Tortex picks and the simple yet cool design of these is hard to resist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Nah, Izzy is great, but Slash will always be the main man, exemplified by the fact they can headline Coachella and sell out stadiums upon his presence. Would that happen with Duff or Izzy or Steven or even Axl? No way.

But would Slash achieve that with his solo band or as the sole original member of GNR? No. 

15 minutes ago, Changes said:

But would Slash achieve that with his solo band or as the sole original member of GNR? No. 

Well, somehow he could sell out 20-25k venues during last two tours, can't remember when GNR sold out such a big arena last time :) He's perfectly fine, even without gnr.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ralphelmo said:

Well, somehow he could sell out 20-25k venues during last two tours, can't remember when GNR sold out such a big arena last time :) He's perfectly fine, even without gnr.

Nobody claimed otherwise, but that is not the same thing as crediting all of the success in recent ticket sales to slash. He would never have done it without Axl 

1 minute ago, Ralphelmo said:

I love Slash, listen to his last two albums all the time but the last two times that Guns N' Roses came to Europe, they were headlining festivals. 

I like Slash with Myles but folk are wanting to See him with Axl and thats the same with Axl, folk want to see him with Slash. 

Axl and Slash are the main two for the casual fans as  has anyone went or met anyone who dressed  as Izzy or Steven at Halloween.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

It works both ways. The point is that the regroup without Slash could only sell out shit :)

Exactly, but the original poster wrote "or even Axl", which you had to interpret as comparing sole original members in GNR and it kind of implied slash could headline coachella and sell hundreds of thousand of tickets in minutes by himself without Axl's involvement which is just not true.