Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

yeah because demanding respect is so bad for everyone, right?

People deserve respect no argument here, they don't have a right to not be offended. You see the difference? 

Edited by cooker

SJW- that's a new one for me in middle America... But yeah- it's GnR. It's So Easy was probably the 2nd song you should've heard. 

Then there's Rocket Queen n Pretty Tied Up.

I have the utmost respect for the women in my life. But I've rolled with the type Axl talkin bout in my day...

If you want women's rights songs, check out Joan Jett or Taylor Swift...

Gunners love us some My Michelles

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, emybdc said:

yeah because demanding respect is so bad for everyone, right?

But it's a joke, right? 

I mean it could mean throwing objectifying images of women in the garbage?

How we intrepret it is what it means. It's an image. An interesting one. But say it means one thing is misleading, confusing and potentially dangerous. 

Just now, MrSoftie said:

I couldn't give a fuck. You want to know why? It's a t shirt. It's meaningless. Instead of focusing on shit like this people should be focusing on things actually related to sexism and gender equality.

I'm sorry you seem so very ignorant in subject matters such as culture and sociology. A tshirt is clothing, clothing is part of fashion. Fashion is an expression of culture. What is culture? Google it.

People and specially artists, use fashion to spread messages. It is just a tshirt? Hell, no. If tshirts and clothing in general are meaningless explain why artists and many regular people wear certain type of clothes. Why do rappers dress like they do? Why do rockers, punks, hipsters, darks, gothics, nerds, etc identify with their own special outfit?

Sexism and gender inequality are perpetuated by the symbolism spreaded by the KultureIndustrie. Read Theodor Adorno and Max Horkheimer Dialectic of Enlightenment, for more reference.

10 minutes ago, cooker said:

People deserve respect no argument here, they don't have a right to not be offended. You see the difference? 

That makes absolutely no sense. OF COURSE people have a right not to be offended. That's the whole point of respect, bud.

3 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

How self centered of you to think him wearing that shirt is demeaning you. Get over yourself.

yeah cause clearly I'm the only woman in the world

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry you seem so very ignorant in subject matters such as culture and sociology. A tshirt is clothing, clothing is part of fashion. Fashion is an expression of culture. What is culture? Google it.

People and specially artists, use fashion to spread messages. It is just a tshirt? Hell, no. If tshirts and clothing in general are meaningless explain why artists and many regular people wear certain type of clothes. Why do rappers dress like they do? Why do rockers, punks, hipsters, darks, gothics, nerds, etc identify with their own special outfit?

Sexism and gender inequality are perpetuated by the symbolism spreaded by the KultureIndustrie. Read Theodor Adorno and Max Horkheimer Dialectic of Enlightenment, for more reference.

Yes master, yes master, yes master 2+2=5.

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

That makes absolutely no sense. OF COURSE people have a right not to be offended. That's the whole point of respect, bud.

You assume all women feel the same as you. How arrogant.

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

Ahh, don't bother... Let's get out of here.

This people are so brainwashed by popular culture and so scared at any sign of enlightenment that they become even more aggressive the more you expose the flawed logic in their reasoning.

Not worth it.

See you in another thread! :)

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

An expression of culture that can be interpreted differently. You see sexism and some misogynistic message, that's entirely your right. And if Axl was walking around with a t shirt that says "Women are disposable trash"  then I'd agree with you. He's not though. He's wearing a t shirt with a picture on it that you've chosen to interpret as sexist and you're offended by this. Well, there are things in life that will offend you, that's free speech.

Thanks for the pseudo-intellectual book recommendations. 

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Ahh, don't bother... Let's get out of here.

This people are so brainwashed by popular culture and so scared at any sign of enlightenment that they become even more aggressive the more you expose the flawed logic in their reasoning.

Not worth it.

See you in another thread!

Just because we don't follow your new age political correctness soviet era indocrtination BS we're brainwashed by popular culture? you sound very young and inexperienced about life and if not you need to grow up... you still have much to learn of the real world and how it works.