Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, paranoyd androyd said:

exactly

i think the people here who are being critical of Axl's appearance are those who simply REALIZE that it's going to negatively affect his performance. the bottom line is that if he continues to be considerably out of shape, he is not only going to sound bad but he's also not going to be able to move around on stage.

a statuesque overweight Axl who sounds like mickey mouse is the POLAR OPPOSITE of what a real GNR show was all about. these shows will indeed be a disaster if that happens and that's just the truth.

sound like shit = horrible embarrassing show REGARDLESS of the fact that Slash was standing next to you again.

Pretty much. He still looks like shit IMO.. If he sings his ass off then that doesn't really matter but people that say he looks great for his age are just delusional. Look at his peers in bands around his age or older.. Everyone in Aerosmith, The Stones, Metallica, Megadeth, AC/DC, Anthrax, Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, ZZ Top.. Basically everyone except Vince Neil is in better shape than him. He gets paid millions, it should be part of the job to do everything you can do to deliver a great product. Especially when tickets average $350 bucks. We have seen Slash and Duff play together hundreds of times over the years. If Axl comes out looking and sounding like shit, this whole thing will become a joke fast. I was just hoping he was going to give 110%, come out blowing people away and earning the respect and admiration back from people like me that were once great fans of the guy. I am still hoping this happens.. But as you said, simply the fact that he is standing next to Slash isn't going to do that.. Now maybe if he was standing next to Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven ;)

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 4

In just under three weeks we will have plenty to discuss, Yeah???

I hope  Axl walks out with a killer voice, and owns the stage. Giving a huge F*** off to all the doubters. 

I want to discuss the shows, up coming tours and new material. I want to laugh at everybody quickly back tracking on washed up Micky Axl.

Please.

• Like 1

I think the die hard Axl fans(you know the ones who think his shit don't stink) will say  that he sounds great , looks good etc etc.

I just really hope that he does , I don't want to think what Slash and Duff would feel if he's bloated and Mickey Mouse sounding....embarrassed ,

or feel pity for him....awkward?

5 minutes ago, slash97 said:

Can we stop the shirt discussion and rather theorize why Axl was in Atlanta? Doesn't seem like the most obvious spot for him to be right now.

Meeting with screenwriter and director James Gunn apparently.

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I think the die hard Axl fans(you know the ones who think his shit don't stink) will say  that he sounds great , looks good etc etc.

I just really hope that he does , I don't want to think what Slash and Duff would feel if he's bloated and Mickey Mouse sounding....embarrassed ,

or feel pity for him....awkward?

Axl will be motivated.  He has his 'wing man' back and Duff too.  They will kick ass!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Original said:

Axl will be motivated.  He has his 'wing man' back and Duff too.  They will kick ass!

Don't you think he's leaving it a little late to get in shape? I honestly don't know if that affects his voice though....meatloaf is fat and he still sings?

Just now, janrichmond said:

Don't you think he's leaving it a little late to get in shape? I honestly don't know if that affects his voice though....meatloaf is fat and he still sings?

tough to say. There is the chick from heart and Adele too are are big an can sing. I would say in most cases it has an effect but there are exceptions.

35 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Pretty much. He still looks like shit IMO.. If he sings his ass off then that doesn't really matter but people that say he looks great for his age are just delusional. Look at his peers in bands around his age or older.. Everyone in Aerosmith, The Stones, Metallica, Megadeth, AC/DC, Anthrax, Pearl Jam, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, ZZ Top.. Basically everyone except Vince Neil is in better shape than him. He gets paid millions, it should be part of the job to do everything you can do to deliver a great product. Especially when tickets average $350 bucks. We have seen Slash and Duff play together hundreds of times over the years. If Axl comes out looking and sounding like shit, this whole thing will become a joke fast. I was just hoping he was going to give 110%, come out blowing people away and earning the respect and admiration back from people like me that were once great fans of the guy. I am still hoping this happens.. But as you said, simply the fact that he is standing next to Slash isn't going to do that.. Now maybe if he was standing next to Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven ;)

very well said bud. totally agree this is a performance concern issue only, not a "i want Axl to look good because i'm trying to date him" matter.

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

He could have Lipo for vanity reasons and in turn if he feels good perhaps that could reflect in his vocal abilities . I'm not taking the piss btw.

Maybe it's a good thing he's clearly chosen not to go under the knife. He looks his age, and he should, and he's in good shape for 54.

As long as he keeps on top of it he can continue to stay fit. 

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Maybe it's a good thing he's clearly chosen not to go under the knife. He looks his age, and he should, and he's in good shape for 54.

Yeah good shape for the 'normal' bloke, bad shape for the lead singer in a massive rock band. 

11 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

He hasn't? He sure looks like he has had some plastic surgery.. He looked straight out creepy at times over the last 15 years.. That stuff never comes out looking right on guys.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

He hasn't? He sure looks like he has had some plastic surgery.. He looked straight out creepy at times over the last 15 years.. That stuff never comes out looking right on guys.

He's clearly used botox since 02 and probably a chemical peel back then, but I doubt anything else. His eyebrows aren't unnaturally high (face-lift), no cheek implants, nose job... Etc. 

He's let himself age pretty naturally in recent years.