Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, challenger70rt said:

Hahahahahahahaha... all this bitching about a goddamned T-shirt. Am I the only one out here that hopes the whole band goes back on herion, then writes some good music, then rents the top floor of the bellagio and runs trains on a bunch of gutter trash sluts, tears the whole place apart and then gets sued?? I can't be the only one?

HEY FUCKERS, SUCK ON GUNS N FUCKING ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen brother :headbang:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rudolf1978 said:

I dont want them to cancel the reunion 

but I would like to see him like 2010 or 2006,if he goes to first show running like a meatball and singing like mickey mouse will be a disaster.If i were close to most succesfull tour in centuries and im out of shape,i can tell you that i would have spent months of trainning,

We dont want this ....dont we? 

Is half of the music on pre-recorded?  They should have faked to vocals too.

37 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Axl has been wearing these shirts since 2013. Can we please stop talking about them? Omg

A perfectly reasonable response to recent on line media. Perhaps if you left either of the two threads reporting the picture open the T-shirt discussion would have happened there. If it bores you, then avoid the thread. Instead stay here where we can discuss Motley Crue.

28 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Axl has been wearing these shirts since 2013. Can we please stop talking about them? Omg

The only problem I have is that if instead of Axl wearing that shirt it was Adler, DJ  or Vince Neil neither you nor others would be telling other people to stop talking about it.

In my particular case I think Axl should look like more like the way he looked back in 2006. And what I find offensive is stuff like Pitman's insults to this forum and not a shirt. Still if there are people who want to talk about the shirt just let them. After all we are looking at a picture. So in a picture of Axl or whoever what we have is how somebody looks. I'd rather discuss a new Axl interview but we don't have it because he doesn't want to do it

Just now, Archtop said:

A perfectly reasonable response to recent on line media. Perhaps if you left either of the two threads reporting the picture open the T-shirt discussion would have happened there. If it bores you, then avoid the thread. Instead stay here where we can discuss Motley Crue.

What? I don't exactly know how to take your response.

Just now, Padme said:

The only problem I have is that if instead of Axl wearing that shirt it was Adler, DJ  or Vince Neil neither you nor others would be telling other people to stop talking about it.

Actually, I would - because there's no reason to continue to bring up the shirts that he's been wearing for the last 2-3 years. Whether it's Axl, DJ, whoever. Like, those are the shirts he's been wearing. Why continue to bring it up and complain about it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Actually, I would - because there's no reason to continue to bring up the shirts that he's been wearing for the last 2-3 years. Whether it's Axl, DJ, whoever. Like, those are the shirts he's been wearing. Why continue to bring it up and complain about it?

Well maybe the people complaning about it have their own reasons. Maybe for others it is the first time they see Axl wearing that shirt. Axl is well known for wearing bizarre shirts like Charlie Don't Surf shirt. So nothing surprise me at this point. For you and others is just humor but for some people could be offensive. I think different people have different points of view.

47 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

my apologies Black Sabbath reading it back my post was tearse.

my intention was to point out that under the label "social media discussion" we have many  discussion  in one thread, not all of them of interest to everybody. 

As new threads are frequently shut down this will continue, so it's pointless for any one to suggest they are bored by the current discussion.-( To paraphrase you, Omg can we stop talking about the T-shirts). Especially as people come and go on here, we post on the discussion we find interesting.

It is was not my intention to sound quite so shitty.

4 hours ago, Apollo said:
14 hours ago, cooker said:

I was unaware that Axl was cleared of those charges. 

He paid 1.5 million dollars for the women to drop the charges. 

Charges were never filed against him the time he settled out of court. They filed civil suits. When Erin jumped in on the suit it was far too late for there to be legal charges pressed against him on her behalf due to statute of limitations. I don't know about Stephanie and why legal charges weren't pressed. It could be she was past the statue of limitations as well or because in a civil suit the burden of proof is much, much lower. But saying charges were dropped isn't really true...

Sorry, I meant to only reply to cooker. I guess the reply works for both quotes.

Edited by sanity_lost
quoting fail

1 minute ago, sanity_lost said:

Charges were never filed against him the time he settled out of court. They filed civil suits. When Erin jumped in on the suit it was far too late for there to be legal charges pressed against him on her behalf due to statute of limitations. I don't know about Stephanie and why legal charges weren't pressed. It could be she was past the statue of limitations as well or because in a civil suit the burden of proof is much, much lower. But saying charges were dropped isn't really true...

That sounds very much more in line in the information I heard. Let's stop talking about this though. 

Just now, cooker said:

That sounds very much more in line in the information I heard. Let's stop talking about this though. 

Works for me :thumbsup:

The Axl picture sure made this thread lively! When people are invested in something they can sure get their dander up quickly whether it is in being overly critical, overly defensive or somewhere on the scale in between. One of my favorite things about this forum is seeing how very differently we all approach being fans of GNR.

4 hours ago, Apollo said:

And at least Axl can deliver fhe goods onstage (most of the time).  

Axl has been great every time I've seen him live. Motley use to be one of my favorite bands. But I would never pay money to see them or live. In fact, I probably wouldn't even go see Vince if the tickets were free. Love the bands old catalog though. But just a terrible live band. 

I can't believe the rest of the band had the balls to charge fans for tickets knowing that is the quality of their lead singer.

i know axl gets shit for some of the Mickey Mouse vocals and some of that is justified but if I turned up for a guns gig and heard vocals like that I would walk out.

i agree every time I've seen guns I could never fault axl. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

1 recent pic of Axl goes public and it immediately causes controversy.WOW! smh.I don't blame Axl for not talking to the press about anything. #NoNewsIsGoodNews

Surely he can't be so stupid as to not understand the shirt is offensive. If he can't handle people's reaction he shouldn't be wearing it in public.

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

"he's so fat", "oh god that t shirt is so ugly" etc. It really does sound like this is a beauty forum for teenage girls lol. But this is grown ass men speaking this way..kinda creepy

yeah we should tooottaaalllly get back to discussing if Axl is dating Erin again  :wub:

wait, oh god :wow:

It's a tshirt, We get it... This is why I hate the Internet sometimes. 

If Erin has actually liked this and has no problems then can we talk about something different 

Edited by SSHGUNS

7 hours ago, rudolf1978 said:

I would like to see him like 2010 or 2006,if he goes to first show running like a meatball and singing like mickey mouse will be a disaster.If i were close to most succesfull tour in centuries and im out of shape,i can tell you that i would have spent months of trainning,

exactly

i think the people here who are being critical of Axl's appearance are those who simply REALIZE that it's going to negatively affect his performance. the bottom line is that if he continues to be considerably out of shape, he is not only going to sound bad but he's also not going to be able to move around on stage.

a statuesque overweight Axl who sounds like mickey mouse is the POLAR OPPOSITE of what a real GNR show was all about. these shows will indeed be a disaster if that happens and that's just the truth.

sound like shit = horrible embarrassing show REGARDLESS of the fact that Slash was standing next to you again.

2 minutes ago, axlslash said:

"I used to love her, but I had to kill her / She bitched so much, she drove me nuts / And now I'm happier this way."

But please, let's keep talking about the t-shirt.

"Get nothin' for nothin', cuz that's what you do.  Turn around bitch, I got a use for you.  Besides, you ain't got nothing better to do!  And I'm bored!"

People are just out to get Axl.  People have always been this way towards him

1 minute ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

"Get nothin' for nothin', cuz that's what you do.  Turn around bitch, I got a use for you.  Besides, you ain't got nothing better to do!  And I'm bored!"

People are just out to get Axl.  People have always been this way towards him

"I'll rip your heart in two and leave you lyin' on the bed with your ass in the air [...] When I get home before you wake, don't ask me where I've been, just count your stars I'm home again."

Axl is an asshole and treats women like shit. Period. End of discussion. If you're still a fan, you have to at least have accepted that enough to justify it.

6 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Judging from some of the comments Id like to see pics of some of the models we have posting on this board.

BTW, how come nobody talks about the pubes Slash calls hair? Or his face that looks like a beat up catchers mit?

Because his job is to play guitar and he still does it well regardless of what he looks like, Axl on the other hand....