Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I'm not sure this is the right thread to post this, but since this is a development of Axl's pice, I'm gonna post this here.

This brazilian page on facebook claims that Axl's in Atlanta seing the new GnR stage which is being set up in the largest airport in the US, Atlanta's.

I have no idea how reliable this is, but I'm guessing it's more likely than Axl's being the new AC/DC vocalist :facepalm:

I've heard of a lot of bands using hangers at the Atlanta airport for that purpose. 

I don't wanna get over excited but I know people like the Stones and Floyd have used it. They always have HUGE productions, so I wonder if GNR is cooking up something along those lines for the stadium tour? 

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

People believe there is a chance that Axl might sing for AC/DC? Or is this some Axl Rose Fa Clube bullshit?

Probably because he sang Rosie. Stupid rumour for sure. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

I've heard of a lot of bands using hangers at the Atlanta airport for that purpose. 

I don't wanna get over excited but I know people like the Stones and Floyd have used it. They always have HUGE productions, so I wonder if GNR is cooking up something along those lines for the stadium tour? 

That's interesting and sounds very promising. 

14 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I'm not sure this is the right thread to post this, but since this is a development of Axl's pic, I'm gonna post it here.

This brazilian page on facebook claims that Axl's in Atlanta seing the new GnR stage which is being set up in the largest airport in the US, Atlanta's.

I have no idea how reliable this is, but I'm guessing it's more likely than Axl's being the new AC/DC vocalist :facepalm:

This probably makes the most sense, setting up stage or rehearsals for GNR tour!

I can't see that ACDC rumour happening, they will most likely get a smaller name then bring in someone like Axl or Dave Grohl.

1 minute ago, ManetsBR said:

This didn't come from the Fan Club, they actually denied it. People are assuming stuff because MSL said on his forum that Axl is Atlanta for rehearsals, but not GNR's.

And also because AC/DC's last show, as I recall, was in Atlanta. Which is a silly reason for stuff to say there.

Axl wouldn't be rehearsing for something other than GNR with the first shows just a couple weeks away. That would be silly. Those rumors are straight up dumb.

The prospect that Axl is checking out a tour stage and/or meeting with James Gunn are both quite exciting. Does looking at a new stage necessarily mean tour, though? Could it be the Coachella stage? Regardless, it sounds like good things are afoot.

2 minutes ago, axlslash said:

And also because AC/DC's last show, as I recall, was in Atlanta. Which is a silly reason for stuff to say there.

Axl wouldn't be rehearsing for something other than GNR with the first shows just a couple weeks away. That would be silly. Those rumors are straight up dumb.

The prospect that Axl is checking out a tour stage and/or meeting with James Gunn are both quite exciting. Does looking at a new stage necessarily mean tour, though? Could it be the Coachella stage? Regardless, it sounds like good things are afoot.

I really doubt GnR will have its own stage at Coachella...especially given the fact they are playing a Mexico City stadium two nights in between the Coachella gigs.  Most groups don't use their own stage at Festival shows.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

I really doubt GnR will have its own stage at Coachella...especially given the fact they are playing a Mexico City stadium two nights in between the Coachella gigs.  Most groups don't use their own stage at Festival shows.

I had totally blanked on the Mexico shows. And Vegas, too, so they need a stage. Duh. I'm an idiot.

And if they're building a whole production, hard to imagine it's to use at just 4/6 of the shows they have coming up...

11 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I had totally blanked on the Mexico shows. And Vegas, too, so they need a stage. Duh. I'm an idiot.

And if they're building a whole production, hard to imagine it's to use at just 4/6 of the shows they have coming up...

I agree with that...if that's the case.  They wouldn't build a massive stage for a few shows to "regroup".

3 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

Why would the stage be in Atlanta out of anywhere in the country? Maybe he could be taking a peacefully vacation.

Atlanta solicits this kinda thing at its airport....this was mentioned earlier in this thread.

My 2 cents on the whole "Axl singing AC/DC rumor". While I don't take it seriously for one moment, or do I want to see it in any shape or form. I will say, if there is ONE person in planet EARTH that COULD go and sing for them and have it actually sound good and be really cool, it would be Axl.

Even though Axl isn't anywhere near his prime, he does sing AC/DC songs damn well, even now. I know I'll catch some Shit for this, but when Axl was in his prime, he did Rosie better than Bon or Brian imo. I absolutely LOVE that live performance of ROSIE from 87, absolutely EPIC. Honestly I think the whole band played it better (at least in that night) than AC/DC themselves.

Ok rant over, I really don't want to see it happen, I'm much happier with this regrouping, than anything reguarding Axl and AC/DC.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Pitman?

I think you mis-understood...I should have said if they have constructed a larger stage they probably didn't do it for four shows basically (Vegas and Mexico City).  They wouldn't put that effort into a massive stage for four shows.  That's something you do for a tour of some sort.  

Who plays on the stage has nothing to do with its size.....  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I think you mis-understood...I should have said if they have constructed a larger stage they probably didn't do it for four shows basically (Vegas and Mexico City).  They wouldn't put that effort into a massive stage for four shows.  That's something you do for a tour of some sort.  

Sure. I just hope the money being put into this is because all the appetite guys are involved to some extent, not just for the hybrid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

agree

Here's that interview with the guy in the photo with Axl! 

https://audioboom.com/boos/4329573-mark-guglielmo-the-man-in-the-viral-axl-rose-photo?utm_campaign=embed&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=googleplusshare

Pretty cool to hear his story, the interviewers were kinda annoying but I think the guy did a great job talking for 10 minutes about a selfie ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yesfan18 said:

Why would the stage be in Atlanta out of anywhere in the country? Maybe he could be taking a peacefully vacation.

Very cool! Thanks.
So now we can rest ours heads just knowing (ha) he wasn't there to meet Erin lol
My bet is on the stage thing at Atlanta's airport.

15 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Here's that interview with the guy in the photo with Axl! 

https://audioboom.com/boos/4329573-mark-guglielmo-the-man-in-the-viral-axl-rose-photo?utm_campaign=embed&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=googleplusshare

Pretty cool to hear his story, the interviewers were kinda annoying but I think the guy did a great job talking for 10 minutes about a selfie ;)

Holy crap! I can't believe there's an interview with the dude. 

Not hating on him or anything. I'm just a little shocked that someone would interv someone who took a picture with a celebrity. 

I guess that speaks to the general publics levels of interest in Axl though, so that's a good thing. 

• Like 2