Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, tsinindy said:

Strain on his already questionable voice to begin with....plus a myriad of other issues.  

Lol you all sound like jealous girlfriends! :lol:

Let the guy sing for whomever the hell he wants. If he knew he can't pull it off he wouldn't do it.

If Axl is motivated to do this, that is a good sign! I haven't seen that guy motivated in decades.
This thing may pump him up to release new music, write new stuff, he needs new experiences to get inspiration from instead of staying in Malibu taking care of cats.

51 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Regarding Axl's business in Atlanta:

From the Rock 100.5 radio show (Atlanta) this morning:

Jason Bailey (radio guy) heard from a very reliable source with contacts within the band that Axl will front AC/DC for the remaining 10 shows.

The GN'R camp got in contact with him (Jason) to have a meeting of sorts, as he couldn't reveal all of the information he is sitting on.

He also got information on the tour start for GN'R (dates). That was the main concern of the GN'R PR person in contact with Jason, he couldn't share that.

Today's podcast, fast forward to about 53-54 minutes.

http://baileyandsouthside.com

This is worth listening to right from the very start.

Jason Bailey has been contacted by a woman in GN'R's camp, more than likely Beta?

He also says he has further info that he can't disclose today!

Wow..

If (and that's a big if) this actually happens... What are the chances we hear new AC/DC music with Axl on vocals before new GNR music? :lol:

It'd cool as shit I must admit (Axl doing the ten shows that is), but I really don't see Angus going for Axl - let alone the GNR commitments. It's possible for them to work around it, especially if Axl is really motivated (we know he loves his AC/DC), but I don't see it actually happening.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Lol you all sound like jealous girlfriends! :lol:

Let the guy sing for whomever the hell he wants. If he knew he can't pull it off he wouldn't do it.

If Axl is motivated to do this, that is a good sign! I haven't seen that guy motivated in decades.
This thing may pump him up to release new music, write new stuff, he needs new experiences to get inspiration from instead of staying in Malibu taking care of cats.

You asked what the problems could be...I cited one specific issue.  Use your brain.

obviously he can do what he wants its his life, that isn't the point though.

• Like 1

If the gigs were before the GNR shows I'd say dumb move because he needs to save his voice as much as he can, but if they're rescheduled for after the GNR stuff then I think it'd be pretty cool. :shrugs:

Edited by James Bond
Autocorrect.

Just now, tsinindy said:

You asked what the problems could be...I cited one specific issue.  Use your brain.

obviously he can do what he wants its his life, that isn't the point though.

The one not using your brain is you and your flawed logic.

So his voice is the problem, huh? Ok, then following your flawed logic he shouldn't even be thinking of playing the 6 already sold-out shows he's gonna do in April.

Pffff

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The one not using your brain is you and your flawed logic.

So his voice is the problem, huh? Ok, then following your flawed logic he shouldn't even be thinking of playing the 6 already sold-out shows he's gonna do in April.

Pffff

Are you seriously that dense....give me a break bozo

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, wasted said:

It would be cool. A bit like when Halford sang for Sabbath? 

Who else reslly has the star power to not short change DC fans, other than Jizzy Pearl. 

Myles Kennedy 

:smiley-confused2:

I think this would be pretty cool if true. I would definitely go to one of those gigs if I had the chance. Anything that gets Axl excited music wise can only be a good thing for the fans. 

Also after the last however many years of pushing his Chinese democracy version of guns I bet it would be good for him to do something for the sheer fun of it.

Edited by FoxySCFC

Just now, emybdc said:

What I understand is ACDC is managed by Mensch and they don't live or have offices in Atlanta. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but who knows

I heard they (AC/DC) were doing auditions for a new front man in Atlanta. A local guy (can't remember his name) is supposedly the front runner to take over the vocal duties.

As they talked about on the radio show, they thought if Axl were to front AC/DC, it would be for the postponed shows only. Then a permanent replacement would take over.

Just now, emybdc said:

What I understand is ACDC is managed by Mensch and they don't live or have offices in Atlanta. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but who knows

But the band is confirmed to have not left Atlanta after the planned concert there. It was also confirmed that the band was meeting this week to discuss the plan going forward. That much is all true on the AC/DC front. Whether Axl is involved or not is another story.

2 minutes ago, TKesseli said:

come on.  maybe axl is just one of many sigers invited to sing in a tribute concert or something. just like the freddie mercury one.

You mean they are planning a tribute concert for Brian already?