Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I heard they (AC/DC) were doing auditions for a new front man in Atlanta. A local guy (can't remember his name) is supposedly the front runner to take over the vocal duties.

As they talked about on the radio show, they thought if Axl were to front AC/DC, it would be for the postponed shows only. Then a permanent replacement would take over.

I struggle to imagine Axl auditioning for something. A guest spot maybe but I don't see him fronting another band, he's got enough on his plate with GNR right now. We need him to stay focused. :lol:

1 minute ago, TKesseli said:

not a tribute concert, but something like that.

As for the postponed shows, I think they will go all-in or not do anything at all.

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I struggle to imagine Axl auditioning for something. A guest spot maybe but I don't see him fronting another band, he's got enough on his plate with GNR right now. We need him to stay focused. :lol:

I don't think Axl was part of the auditioning, that was for the eventual permanent position as a front man.

Axl is supposedly filling in for the 10 postponed shows only, I don't think he auditioned or anything.

I have a really hard time believing that Axl Rose - who hasn't done anything other than GNR more or less ever - is going to suddenly front a different band in the midst of the regrouping tour. Unless Slash wants the time to record a Conspirators album and the band will be dormant anyway, I would expect GNR to be Axl's one and only musical priority.

That said, anything can happen with this fucked up dumpster fire of a band :lol:

• Like 1

A few different thoughts come to mind-

*Has Angus said when the ACDC tour picks up again? 

*Angus is gonna want a FT guy right?...He'll want to continue ACDC?

*If Axl subs for the final 10 shows of tour no way they gonna make that announcement til after the 6 Guns shows right?

*That would mean no GnR tour til later in the year (looks that way anyways now)

*  What are the ACDC boards saying?

*I hope Axl's focus is on Guns

Edited by Original

13 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I have a really hard time believing that Axl Rose - who hasn't done anything other than GNR more or less ever - is going to suddenly front a different band in the midst of the regrouping tour. Unless Slash wants the time to record a Conspirators album and the band will be dormant anyway, I would expect GNR to be Axl's one and only musical priority.

That said, anything can happen with this fucked up dumpster fire of a band :lol:

It indeed sounds unbelievable but no one believed either when in 2007 he decided to collaborate with Sebastian Bach's album and go lay vocals in 3 songs! for him.

All done in one long night AND before Chinese Democracy was released. No one expected that one.

4 minutes ago, Original said:

A few different thoughts come to mind-

*Has Angus said when the ACDC tour picks up again? 

*Angus is gonna want a FT guy right?...He'll want to continue ACDC?

*If Axl subs for the final 10 shows of tour no way they gonna make that announcement til after the 6 Guns shows right?

*That would mean no GnR tour til later in the year (looks that way anyways now)

*  What are the ACDC boards saying?

*I hope Axl's focus is on Guns

- Angus has not announced the timeframe for the date; they have NOT postponed their Europe dates which look to go on with Brian as planned (he's okay for outdoor acoustics by all accounts)

- Rumour mill is that yes Angus wants to continue but we also don't know to what capacity; the press release mentioned "guest singer" which gives the impression of the 10 dates being a temporary affair

- probably, we'll know by the time AC/DC starts Europe which is after the initial GNR shows

- doesn't necessarily change GNR's tour plans at all; AC/DC could stick all 10 shows in December or early 2017 if they wanted to, especially if GNR plans to tour in the summer when 'DC is in Europe anyways

- The AC/DC boards need to be put on suicide watch :lol:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It indeed sounds unbelievable but no one believed either when in 2007 he decided to collaborate with Sebastian Bach's album and go lay vocals in 3 songs! for him.

All done in one long night AND before Chinese Democracy was released. No one expected that one.

IN ONE NIGHT. They did that on a whim. That's not disrupting the longest-awaited reunion in rock n' roll in order to tour with a different band.

Just now, axlslash said:

IN ONE NIGHT. They did that on a whim. That's not disrupting the longest-awaited reunion in rock n' roll in order to tour with a different band.

How are the AC/DC shows disrupting the holy reunion? :question:

Vegas and all six shows are sold out, confirmed, out of discussion at this point.

There are 365 days in the year and many years ahead for the holy reunion tour thing to go forward spotless, lol.

"Sheeeees got the jaaaaaiaiaiaiaiack... hey, take that, take that" (Angus goes near Axl and tells him that the guy is from their camera crew, then Axl starts a rant about the people who try to hold you back and abandons the stage)

23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

- Angus has not announced the timeframe for the date; they have NOT postponed their Europe dates which look to go on with Brian as planned (he's okay for outdoor acoustics by all accounts)

- Rumour mill is that yes Angus wants to continue but we also don't know to what capacity; the press release mentioned "guest singer" which gives the impression of the 10 dates being a temporary affair

- probably, we'll know by the time AC/DC starts Europe which is after the initial GNR shows

- doesn't necessarily change GNR's tour plans at all; AC/DC could stick all 10 shows in December or early 2017 if they wanted to, especially if GNR plans to tour in the summer when 'DC is in Europe anyways

- The AC/DC boards need to be put on suicide watch :lol:

Great info- thanks.  And the suicide watch- LOL.

• Like 1

Just now, emybdc said:

I hate the idea of Axl being in any band other than GnR.

It might be just for 10 shows, but this reunions took 20+ years to happen, I wish he focuses on this.

I'm still not so sure of the validity of the AC/DC rumor.

But I doubt Axl would commit to anything that gets in the way of GN'R. I trust that will be his main priority forever.

• Like 1

Just now, Spirit said:

I'm still not so sure of the validity of the AC/DC rumor.

But I doubt Axl would commit to anything that gets in the way of GN'R. I trust that will be his main priority forever.

Oh I don't buy the AC/DC rumor for a second. But then again, WHO KNOWS? Things are always crazy with this band. Just wanted to say that I would hate for Axl to have any other commitment other than GnR #jealous

Just now, emybdc said:

Oh I don't buy the AC/DC rumor for a second. But then again, WHO KNOWS? Things are always crazy with this band. Just wanted to say that I would hate for Axl to have any other commitment other than GnR #jealous

I fail to understand the jealousy of the GNR fans. It's borderline crazy.

:shrugs:

Just now, killuridols said:

I fail to understand the jealousy of the GNR fans. It's borderline crazy.

:shrugs:

It's not like that. My jealousy in this case is caused by the reunion and the lack of information. This is a huge deal for GnR fans, and nobody is thinking about GnR member's side projects. If we knew about GnR tour dates and how this whole thing is gonna work out it'd be a whole other story. We haven't even seen them together yet, so to talk about other bands seems kinda out of focus.

• Like 2

Just now, emybdc said:

It's not like that. My jealousy in this case is caused by the reunion and the lack of information. This is a huge deal for GnR fans, and nobody is thinking about GnR member's side projects. If we knew about GnR tour dates and how this whole thing is gonna work out it'd be a whole other story. We haven't even seen them together yet, so to talk about other bands seems kinda out of focus.

I know it is a huge deal but there are six shows already scheduled and sold out. IT IS HAPPENING.

First of all, the AC/DC thing is just a rumour for now but if it wasn't, how does it affect GN'R touring? They are not idiots, they've been in the business for decades, for sure they know how to not overlap dates and plan a tour.

Slash and Duff both have their solo projects, jump from King of Chaos, to Hollywood Vampires, to a ton of other benefit concerts, shows and now with Guns N' Roses. They never fail showing up at the venues, they are never late.

I don't get it why Axl is not allowed to do the same thing... If he was more proactive like that, he for sure would have improved his vocals a lot.

• Like 2