Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I'll believe the acdc one when that gets announced. Axl would kick ass and yeah it would only be temporary but, idk. We'll see..

Yet another reason we're gonna need an interview soon..

Remember the That Metal Show and Kimmel interviews?

I do think if Slash is going back to his solo tour Axl might as well go out with DC. It's well within his wheelhouse and he gets to help someone out. Plus the money must be great. 

Just now, wasted said:

Remember the That Metal Show and Kimmel interviews?

I do think if Slash is going back to his solo tour Axl might as well go out with DC. It's well within his wheelhouse and he gets to help someone out. Plus the money must be great. 

That only works if AC/DC isn't until 2017. Slash and the entire band has said NOTHING is happening this year. Myles is with Alter Bridge.

13 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

That only works if AC/DC isn't until 2017. Slash and the entire band has said NOTHING is happening this year. Myles is with Alter Bridge.

Not really specifically tied to Slash though. But in general if Guns aren't busy he might as well. It would be like his solo project.

Who knows when the real tour will kick off or how much space there is between April and summer festivals in europe. 

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

Not really specifically tied to Slash though. But in general if Guns aren't busy he might as well. It would be like his solo project.

Who knows when the real tour will kick off or how much space there is between April and summer festivals in europe. 

Isn't everything pointing to the US in the summer, not Europe? They missed all the big festivals, so I thought everyone was thinking festivals next summer in Europe for Guns.

5 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Isn't everything pointing to the US in the summer, not Europe? They missed all the big festivals, so I thought everyone was thinking festivals next summer in Europe for Guns.

That makes sense but maybe some rejected their 3 mil a show. But maybe some others didn't. Euro fest promoters don't seem as  excited about the reunion maybe because they sell out with lesser bands or even nu Guns so why put 3 mil? 

Even a US tour might not start in May? But in the end if Slash goes back to solo then Axl might like to have some fun with ACDC, god knows he loves to cover them. 

It actually makes perfect sense from AC/DC's perspective to get a big name to fill in, whether it's Axl or Steven Tyler or whoever. We're not talking a permanent replacement but someone to literally "guest" (to use their words) for 10 rescheduled shows. These shows were $140 per ticket. These tickets have already been sold. If they pick some nobody from a cover band then they either have to drop the ticket prices and offer partial refunds or expect that many people are going to return them by default. Remember - they're in the middle of what was the best selling tour of 2015. Keeping a big name around might be enough to generate some curiosity and keep butts in the seats.

4 hours ago, Padme said:

You don't have a problem. But what about AC/DC fans? It's their band and their shows. Aside from HV here we don't. How do we know they will be happy to have Axl as lead singer? Besides this thing is too odd. This is not an all star band nor some benefit concert. Someone like Axl or Jagger for that matter are not guys who fit a replacement role for AC/DC or some other big band. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Powerage5 is an AC/DC fan. I know a thing or two about them myself. ;)

It honestly doesn't matter who the singer is - AC/DC fans are harder to please than GNR fans. Brian could be replaced by a resurrected Bon Scott and fhere would still be bitching. I mean, there are still AC/DC diehards on their boards who think that Phil Rudd was more important than Bon Scott.

Personally, I don't want Angus to continue with the AC/DC name if there's no Brian. However, I'm okay with them finishing the shows with a guest if that's what's in the contract - then it's time to hang up AC/DC and leave well enough alone.

Do I genuinely believe that it's going to be Axl? No - I really do think the rumours spiralled after the "Axl in Atlanta" picture but all the same I'd be excited. It does not at all mean that GNR loses focus or priority - it's ten shows that could be done over a two week span in early 2017. Hardly a big commitment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

Oh boy 

image.png

Its still amazing these Lebeis' are actually getting to meet the real guys. I truly never thought THOSE worlds would collide. I forget, did they ever actually badmouth Slash at any time? I can't remember whether they didn't like him and said it publicly, or they actually never said anything negative since I remember it always being talked about they actually knew what a payday a reunion would be and Axl was always the one not on board, not them.

55 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

SMKC are recording their third album for a 2017 release. Todd has said this summer and autumn they plan to hit the studio. Myles being with AB means they can't tour.

18 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Its still amazing these Lebeis' are actually getting to meet the real guys. I truly never thought THOSE worlds would collide. I forget, did they ever actually badmouth Slash at any time? I can't remember whether they didn't like him and said it publicly, or they actually never said anything negative since I remember it always being talked about they actually knew what a payday a reunion would be and Axl was always the one not on board, not them.

They were around in the early 90s...

3 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

SMKC are recording their third album for a 2017 release. Todd has said this summer and autumn they plan to hit the studio. Myles being with AB means they can't tour.

Not that it really means anything but I think Todd gave an interview and said that everything besides Slash and Myles parts would be recorded, and then they'd come in when they were available to finish any future record. So it wouldn't take priority over GNR or AB of course 

9 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

They were around in the early 90s...

Well yeah, but as like "the help" right? They didn't like hang out with them on tour. I meant I didn't ever they would ever meet those guys in the position of being management. Like, that they are kind of sort of their boss and controlling a tour. Thats quite a shift.

Somewhere I read each faction has their own management and even Fortus/Frank have they own representation then there's some other people overseeing everything. But the Big 3 are calling the shots. It's business as usual again. 

10 hours ago, James Bond said:

If the gigs were before the GNR shows I'd say dumb move because he needs to save his voice as much as he can, but if they're rescheduled for after the GNR stuff then I think it'd be pretty cool. :shrugs:

I'd say it's a great warm up actually! If he can sing on 11 every night... and that set is full on! then he'll be primed and ready for any GnR dates... just as long as he doesn't go too hard, and blow out his voice.

If Axl has followed his usual tour regiment (from the past 10 years) he hasn't gone out of his way to prepare so, I'd look at the AC/DC shows as something - once in a lifetime, as well as training camp for Axl... there's no way he goes up on stage with AC/Dc and blows chunks because he hasn't prepared. Great motivator, if the Guns shows alone weren't pushing him.

Let's wait and see if anything materialises!

8 hours ago, DarkFairy81 said:

Well that's not my headache :lol: Was just giving my own personal opinion on the matter, which is all one can do if you're not in GN'R or AC/DC ;) Plus he wouldn't be a replacement, he would fill in for those shows and that's it :axl:

Fill in for 10 shows or 100 it is stil being Brian Johnson replacement. On top of that, Axl doesn't even bother to show up to do some rehearsal with his band for Vegas, Coachella, Mexico and the world tour. But he is gonna be doing rehearsal with Angus Young for those 10 shows? Imagine how Slash and Duff would feel.

How does anybody know that Axl has not been rehearsing, seeing a voice coach or not made any preparation for the upcoming dates?

It's pure speculation that he will be covering for AC/DC, I think it's really unlikely to be true, but good on him if it's something he wants to do and can help the band cover outstanding dates.

We seriously need some news, the rumour mill is going to go into overdrive in the next two weeks if we don't get something concrete soon.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

Can someone change the axl emoji pls? No more facial hair

I think we should at least wait and see what his actual look will be on the first show. We've only seen his casual look. Who knows what kind of facial hair he's gonna be sporting in Vegas.

7 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

Oh boy 

image.png

So so does this mean the band is rehearsing without Axl, but Fernando is still there?

He's the new singer, haven't you heard? 

Nah rly tho... Axl doesn't rehearse. Thought we all knew that by now. That's why he keeps sounding like shit the first concerts or so

I actually kinda believe the ACDC rumours. Axls been stuck in the confinements of GNR for 30 years, maybe he'd like to do something new/different. Remember when he jumped at the chance to do something with Bach?

As long as it doesnt interfere with GNR and its inner workings, it could be really cool.

• Like 3