Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I know it is a huge deal but there are six shows already scheduled and sold out. IT IS HAPPENING.

First of all, the AC/DC thing is just a rumour for now but if it wasn't, how does it affect GN'R touring? They are not idiots, they've been in the business for decades, for sure they know how to not overlap dates and plan a tour.

Slash and Duff both have their solo projects, jump from King of Chaos, to Hollywood Vampires, to a ton of other benefit concerts, shows and now with Guns N' Roses. They never fail showing up at the venues, they are never late.

I don't get it why Axl is not allowed to do the same thing... If he was more proactive like that, he for sure would have improved his vocals a lot.

Oh I'm not comfortable AT ALL with any dates from any band GnR members might be in before a confirmation of a WHOLE tour - not just six dates. I'm lucky enough to be going to one of those, but for the amount of GnR fans out there, six dates are nothing.
It doesn't make sense for them to be scheduling other dates with other bands if there is going to be a whole GnR tour. If they wanna do stuff in between fine, up to them, as long as we have GnR dates.

Edited by emybdc
  • Like 1

Just now, emybdc said:

Oh I'm not comfortable AT ALL with any dates from any band GnR members might be in before a confirmation of a WHOLE tour - not just six dates. I'm lucky enough to be going to one of those, but for the amount of GnR fans out there, six dates are nothing.
It doesn't make sense for them to be scheduling other dates with other bands if there is going to be a whole GnR tour. If they wanna do stuff in between fine, up to them, as long as we have GnR dates.

Confirmation on it will come when time is right for them to announce it.

Axl said to the Atlanta fan they will do a whole tour. I believe him :(

This was posted on the Metal Sludge gossip board:

cowpins

MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Axl Rose to be guest singer for AC/DC

PostTue Mar 22, 2016 11:29 am

hahahahahahaha...! I've known and worked with Jason "Buckethead" Bailey for over ten years and he's the KING of self promotion. Yes, that was his radio persona for years...Buckethead. Hmmm....

https://www.facebook.com/itsthebs/?fref=nf

• Like 1

If this is true, Axl will get shit not only from AC/DC fans, but apparently from people here too. Come on, how are 10 dates gonna ruin a reunion? Other members have side projects too, Duff is touring with Vampires and Slash wanted to record his solo album.

Besides, I would LOVE to see Axl in a different setting with a different band for a change. If he feels like doing it and AC/DC feel like doing it, then DO IT! :headbang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Original said:

Is Angus/ACDC even in Atlanta?  Any reports/sightings of any of the guys? 

Apparently they didn't leave Atlanta. There's even a picture of Brian from Atlanta after the shows were postponed. According to AC/DC Brazil, a reliable source, the band's "planning the future" meeting was to take place in Atlanta this past week. It did indeed overlap with Axl being there (Chris Slade's son even made a subtle mention of that). Chris Slade's son likes to cupcake people though. :lol:

If there's a band I keep as up to date on as Guns - it's AC/DC.

I realize it's all rumour at this point but is it bad that really want it to happen so I can watch the massive meltdown of both fan bases? That'll make for some good entertainment. Seriously, I fail to see how it's a problem for some if Axl helps out the boys and fills in for 10 shows that won't affect GNR at all. For all we know the shows will be scheduled during a break or when Slash is back recording with Myles. If anything it'll help improve Axl's public image - first he comes out firing on all cylinders with Slash and then goes on to "save the day" with AC/DC.

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

You believe a random fan....ok then lol

I know. It's like believing some random little girl on a forum :lol:

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Is this guy for real?  Good lord

He is. And he's become the joke of the day :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, DarkFairy81 said:

Duff, Slash & co have side projects, too. I don't have a problem with Axl filling in for 10 shows in AC/DC, it's just a one off thing, has nothing to do with the "re-grouping". I'd love to hear Axl do Tunderstruck :headbang:

You don't have a problem. But what about AC/DC fans? It's their band and their shows. Aside from HV here we don't. How do we know they will be happy to have Axl as lead singer? Besides this thing is too odd. This is not an all star band nor some benefit concert. Someone like Axl or Jagger for that matter are not guys who fit a replacement role for AC/DC or some other big band. 

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

You don't have a problem. But what about AC/DC fans? It's their band and their shows. Aside from HV here we don't. How do we know they will be happy to have Axl as lead singer? Besides this thing is too odd. This is not an all star band nor some benefit concert. Someone like Axl or Jagger for that matter are not guys who fit a replacement role for AC/DC or some other big band. 

Well that's not my headache :lol: Was just giving my own personal opinion on the matter, which is all one can do if you're not in GN'R or AC/DC ;) Plus he wouldn't be a replacement, he would fill in for those shows and that's it :axl:

Acdc considering Axl seems like a radical departure from young philosophy of consistent predictable product, making it hard to believe for me.  But like was already mentioned, maybe this is the only way it doesnt feel like a step down.

5 hours ago, Spirit said:

I'm still not so sure of the validity of the AC/DC rumor.

But I doubt Axl would commit to anything that gets in the way of GN'R. I trust that will be his main priority forever.

I highly doubt Axl would ever be in a band other than GN'R...I mean really? this is AXL ROSE we're talking about! :axl92:

• Like 1