Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

50 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

that made me spit out my drink   lol    please not the acc  please be on the lake so I can smoke some almost legal green while rocking out .

Lol the ACC if that is the venue will be filled with all kinds of smoke I'm sure 

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Nothing real new here but Jim Florentine(from That Metal Show with Eddie Trunk) was on the Preston n Steve morning show today in Philly.  Obviously take it with a huge grain of salt because who knows what he knows but he hints that it may be Axl and a few other guest singers combining to finish the 10 or 11 re-scheduled AC/DC shows, not just Axl as the guest...which seems plausible.  He also says he has heard that Axl and the fellas are all getting along great.  Again, take it with a grain of salt but with recent rehearsal pics and Axl in good spirits in Atlanta point to things maybe going pretty darn well for now.  GNR discussion is from 1:57 -- 2:01.

http://wmmr.com/episodes/daily-podcast-03-25-16/

That would make a lot more sense than axl doing all 10 shows. I could get into a couple of guest spots.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I would rather have the Toronto show at Rogers Centre, for some reason every show I've been to at the ACC sounds like shit!

Molson is the best sounding venue but way too small for Guns.

Way way too small yup.  ACC is alright 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I would rather have the Toronto show at Rogers Centre, for some reason every show I've been to at the ACC sounds like shit!

Molson is the best sounding venue but way too small for Guns.

Have you ever been to a concert at the Rogers? You'll think the sound at the ACC is God in comparison.

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Nothing real new here but Jim Florentine(from That Metal Show with Eddie Trunk) was on the Preston n Steve morning show today in Philly.  Obviously take it with a huge grain of salt because who knows what he knows but he hints that it may be Axl and a few other guest singers combining to finish the 10 or 11 re-scheduled AC/DC shows, not just Axl as the guest...which seems plausible.  He also says he has heard that Axl and the fellas are all getting along great.  Again, take it with a grain of salt but with recent rehearsal pics and Axl in good spirits in Atlanta point to things maybe going pretty darn well for now.  GNR discussion is from 1:57 -- 2:01.

http://wmmr.com/episodes/daily-podcast-03-25-16/

I'm glad They are getting along again.....

12 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I'm glad They are getting along again.....

I definitely think they are. And they must be happy and excited as shit or just as we are and probably feel that 20 years younger again. Hope it all shows on stage :headbang:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

I definitely think they are. And they must be happy and excited as shit or just as we are and probably feel that 20 years younger again. Hope it all shows on stage :headbang:

Dunno about that... But I just hope that They can apologize properly to each other especially Slash N' Axl, N' starting a new page....

1 hour ago, Asia said:

This.

I have a feeling that they are just as excited as we are and that they are enjoying everything that's happening right now just as much as we are...

• Like 1

Two nights in an arena will accomplish the same thing in most markets. The demand will be high, sure, but I also don't think they'll magically start filling 70 000 seat stadiums that even the Stones had trouble with this time around. That said, it's looking like it will indeed be stadiums. My Toronto guess was based on Eddie Money saying there is the possibility for two nights, but two nights at the Rogers Centre is unrealistic. 

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Two nights in an arena will accomplish the same thing in most markets. The demand will be high, sure, but I also don't think they'll magically start filling 70 000 seat stadiums that even the Stones had trouble with this time around. That said, it's looking like it will indeed be stadiums. My Toronto guess was based on Eddie Money saying there is the possibility for two nights, but two nights at the Rogers Centre is unrealistic. 

The thing is, they don't necessarily need to sell out a stadium for it to be successful financially.  Let's say they play two nights in an area that seats 20K or one night in a stadium that seats 60K and let's say they sell out both arena nights at 40K, but only get 50K in the stadium.  That's still 10K more people that see them and that's only one night's worth of paying people to sell beer, check tix, etc, etc, etc.  

These type of things always have a market analysis provided to them and they know how many tickets they need to sell at what price level for it to be successful either way and things are planned accordingly.  

I think people are failing to understand the draw this tour has with mainstream rock fans.  Nothing against Metallica or the Stones but this is a bigger draw than either this particular summer.

The reason is simple...if you really wanted to, you could have seen Metallica or the Stones every year or two for the past 23 years but as a rock fan, you didn't have that opportunity with Gun N' Roses (for the casual rock fan, this version of the band is GN' R...not the version that has been touring since 2002).

They won't have any issues selling out stadiums..none.

10 minutes ago, flickn said:

I count 21 dates....didnt eddie money mention 24

But 2 vegas dates and Mexico and coachella ...

..hmmmm

I'm sure there are tentative agreements for 2nd shows in certain cities and promoters holding off some smaller market tentative dates until they see how the rest of the tour sells.  My guess is that there will most likely be 5-6 dates added if the tour sells fast.

im tellin ya the anticipation to see this thing kick off is absolutely incredible.   people are going to go ballistic with the video, i would, its funck rock history, real rock history...live, oh i cant wait.  if the appetite five appear, they will cry...they whole place will swell and the opening note, that slight bend on the g note to the intro of dont cry...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm sure there are tentative agreements for 2nd shows in certain cities and promoters holding off some smaller market tentative dates until they see how the rest of the tour sells.  My guess is that there will most likely be 5-6 dates added if the tour sells fast.

Hmmmmmm..... Could be a small show/warm up show for the rest 2 dates.... In L.A clubs maybe....

10 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Hmmmmmm..... Could be a small show/warm up show for the rest 2 dates.... In L.A clubs maybe....

If memory serves Billboard said 25 Stadiums or markets or whatever and Eddie Money said the same, but with the caveat that some markets would have an option for a second show.  Additionally Eddie Money at one point had said some markets may not necessarily be stadiums.

Now, with all this being said, Eddie Money after all that said he had been told the tour was being "re-positioned" and his source was being a bit more tight-lipped about it all.  So, it seems the shell of what Eddie said remains, but some details may have changed from what he was originally told.  I hate to speak for the guy (or girl possibly), but I feel he has given us a fair amount of accurate information based on what he said and he doesn't visit here as much probably because he may get in a bit of trouble if he lets something slip he shouldn't :)

• Like 1

I don't go on to other forums much, does Eddie Money post on other sites? do the other sites have a similar insider dropping information? I was just wondering if all part of a bigger plan by the GNR camp, to give out little nuggets of info through an account. Was it fernando who said a little while back that we were being given clues.