Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

probably just going over little things like "do we start Jungle out with You (Axl) telling a story, just screaming 'Do you know where you are?' Or just the opening guitar chords?" 

SOLD! I don't care if they're playing poker, would just love to see and hear the convos and whatnot ;)

8 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Bach will be in Vegas on at least the first night. Surprised he's not going to the show honestly...

image.jpeg

At what time do the Vegas shows start?

i know it is a "LOL" questions but I'm asking what the tickets say because maybe Baz knows it's gonna start late so he will have time to do his thing then head to the GNR thing.

It is odd that he scheduled a gig in Vegas on April 8, really...

33 minutes ago, Roket said:

Slash guitar pick on the floor is pretty much saying "I'm the drummer " 

Show is two only weeks away. Whatever is gonna happen is gonna happen at this point. No going to dwell on it and let it run my show but I still feel Frank is bad choice.. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, gunsguy said:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy...  just like in the 90's, some of us didn't give a shit and went to shows regardless.  Back then they were HUGE and sold out shows all over.  I think it is basically the same deal, 2 other guys on drums and guitar (not like we don't already know those 2 guys either?)

This is a good reasoning, aye :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy...  just like in the 90's, some of us didn't give a shit and went to shows regardless.  Back then they were HUGE and sold out shows all over.  I think it is basically the same deal, 2 other guys on drums and guitar (not like we don't already know those 2 guys either?)

I'm pumped to hear this lineup live!!

17 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Yeah, but it isn't the 90's. Totally different time and different circumstances.  I didn't give a shit and went to the shows back then and honestly it didn't matter to me back then. Partly because I thought Gilby and Matt did a good job partly because I was a bigger Axl fan than I am now. The reason some people don't think Frank is the right choice for this IS because they know who he is and haven't liked what they have heard.

Like I said I didn't give a shit back then either and still went and loved it. Seeing them in 93 was the best show I ever attended. Times were different and Axl was on top of his game. Totally different set of circumstances now. 

I like a lot of other Guns N' Roses fans didn't care for NuGuns and he was part of the reason why. Like I said, show is two weeks away and no sense on dwelling on it.  I just think they could have made a much better choice.

With a solid performance I am sure he can win people over.  

• Like 1

No bullshit question, do you think when Fortus, Frank, Dizzy etc hear Slash during rehearsal they are like, "Fuck, this guy, he just has that it factor, that feel, that tone, he is a badass", or do they think, "man, I miss DJ and Ron, oh well, at least we are getting paid good."  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

It was Guns N' Roses in 1992-93?  Then it is today.  It really truly is no different other than we KNOW Frank and 4tus can play the shit outta GN'R tunes.  Back then we didn't know Matt, Gilby...  of course back then we didn't have a forum to voice ourselves either

Agree on the first part. Having Slash, Duff and Axl there makes it Guns N' Roses..  Can't agree that we KNOW Frank and Fortus play the shit out of the songs. That is all a matter of personal taste. 

2 weeks from tomorrow.. Goodnight fuckers \m/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smoking guns said:

No bullshit question, do you think when Fortus, Frank, Dizzy etc hear Slash during rehearsal they are like, "Fuck, this guy, he just has that it factor, that feel, that tone, he is a badass", or do they think, "man, I miss DJ and Ron, oh well, at least we are getting paid good."  

No one in that room is saying they miss DJ or Ron when Slash takes over.  More along the lines of, "Yes sir, thank you for showing us how it's done."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Bach will be in Vegas on at least the first night. Surprised he's not going to the show honestly...

image.jpeg

Jeff Duncan of Armored Saint? pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

What should We called for this line up?

Rasp and Roses. 

46 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

I think the only thing Fortus will be upset at is there's no way Slash is sharing any of his lead parts. Fortus isn't getting to do the opening to paradise city.

17 minutes ago, theconspirator said:

I think the only thing Fortus will be upset at is there's no way Slash is sharing any of his lead parts. Fortus isn't getting to do the opening to paradise city.

I doubt Fortus gives a shit at all. He's had the chance to play the parts he has played in front of millions of people over the past however many years. He is probably just pumped to be playing rhythm and the occasional lead with the real thing.

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

I doubt Fortus gives a shit at all. He's had the chance to play the parts he has played in front of millions of people over the past however many years. He is probably just pumped to be playing rhythm and the occasional lead with the real thing.

It's an easier job and he'll get (aparently) more money, Slash will do all the leads so it's just play the rhythm on stuff he's been playing for more than a decade, I'd be 100% cool with this.

I just hope his guitar will get more volume in the mix than Gilby's had back then. :P

2 hours ago, smoking guns said:

They are professional musicians. They have heard plenty of great guitarists in their time, probably guitraists they think are better than Slash, too. So no, I don't think they will react in any particular way from hearing Slash play at rehearsals. Fortus will probably try to figure out how he can mesh as good as possible with Slash's playing, Frank will be more concerned about creating the beat with Duff, and Dizzy, well Dizzy has heard Slash at rehearsals many times before.

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

I just hope his guitar will get more volume in the mix than Gilby's had back then. :P

That's what I hope!

I doubt it, though. Slash's solo tours the rhythm guitar is non-existant... in VR I could never hear Dave Kushner....

Sucks 'cause the interplay is part of the GNR sound. The only time I heard Gilby was on Wild Horses and the Nightrain solo. 

• Like 1