Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

5 minutes ago, Sprite said:

If this is true, look at it objectively from Axl's perspective. One of his most influential bands, who happen to be living legends, contact him and ask him if he'd consider filling in for Brian. What if they can make the dates work? What if Axl wants to reinvent his public image? There is just so much unknown that it's hard to really criticize if that was his decision. We are fans, not professionals. So while our judgement is nice, we don't live it. If Axl felt like he could do this and AC/DC wanted him, why not? I tend to judge a professionals thinking more favorably than mine. It's like if I coached football with Peyton Manning. I might not think the next play needs a run, but god damn he knows more about football so maybe there is something there. Even if it means @Tom-Ass 's middle aged friend who dresses like Angus Young still at concerts sells his tickets. You can't please everyone but you can do what feels right to you!

yes. and it will be only for 10 shows.. it's like a funny favour he's doing to some friends..

"work-share" :)

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

It could have a POSITIVE effect on guns really, especially if It doesn't interfere with any plans. Could get some AC/DC fans to want to go to the guns shows, could get Axl more interested in writing some new rocking music, could help his image with media/fans. So ya I see it as a good thing, just as long as it doesn't effect the guns reunion.

• Like 1

AC/DC are straight up rockers, and they do inspire people with that brand of music. Eddie Van Halen said he wrote Panama because they played some shows with AC/DC and he wanted Van Halen to have a really rockin song like AC/DC has. So imagine the effect they could have on Axl, who will be sharing the stage with Angus. He might go back to guns and say "hey slash, let's really write something that really ROCKS."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flickn said:

Highway to jungle.....somebodys gonna make a mash up

Do it !!!

Axl did that mashup of Jungle and You're Crazy at the Bridge School benefit - maybe he'll do Highway To Jungle at his first Axl/DC show.

33 minutes ago, Sprite said:

If this is true, look at it objectively from Axl's perspective. One of his most influential bands, who happen to be living legends, contact him and ask him if he'd consider filling in for Brian. What if they can make the dates work? What if Axl wants to reinvent his public image? There is just so much unknown that it's hard to really criticize if that was his decision. We are fans, not professionals. So while our judgement is nice, we don't live it. If Axl felt like he could do this and AC/DC wanted him, why not? I tend to judge a professionals thinking more favorably than mine. It's like if I coached football with Peyton Manning. I might not think the next play needs a run, but god damn he knows more about football so maybe there is something there. Even if it means @Tom-Ass 's middle aged friend who dresses like Angus Young still at concerts sells his tickets. You can't please everyone but you can do what feels right to you!

Then I hope he's been working hard to be able to perform for both GNR and AC/DC