Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Rhythm guitar is normally a bit further back in the mix to blend better with the rhythm section. Although I do think the best balancing of lead and rhythm volumes GN'R ever had was on Appetite. Izzy's parts on UYI were a bit too quiet in certain tracks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ant said:

I'm just going by my concert experiences. I hope I am wrong with respect to these shows!

If you're standing opposite to Slash's amps it just works that way. I can assure you that if you'd be standing in front of Frank's amps, Slash's guitar would be "non-existant" too. This is how it works, old fashion setup on stage ;) 

Edited by Ralphelmo

the GNR-home page says current members sit thight! It´s happening again! The layout has changed, tabs are gone, and so I can´t enter the Nightrain forum

Edited by Ender04

I dunno, Last times they announced shows they told members to sit tight a couple hours ahead also.

When they made changes to the website in januari we got no warning on that in advance.

Wishfull thinking maybe, I'm dying for european shows ...

Edited by Ender04

6 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy...  just like in the 90's, some of us didn't give a shit and went to shows regardless.  Back then they were HUGE and sold out shows all over.  I think it is basically the same deal, 2 other guys on drums and guitar (not like we don't already know those 2 guys either?)

That's how I'm looking at it Axl, Slash, Duff & Dizzy with Fortus as Izzy's full time replacment and Frank well ... It's Frank. Any changes to that involving the other 2 will be a positive (izzy or Adler coming back ) 

57 minutes ago, Ender04 said:

the GNR-home page says current members sit thight! It´s happening again! The layout has changed, tabs are gone, and so I can´t enter the Nightrain forum

Top many "gnr things" this year. My heart is not prepared ^_^

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Wonder if there'll be Godfather theme again....

Almost a cert, in my view .

Slash has it well rehearsed from previous tours, and guitar solo spots allow Axl to go backstage and recharge

Edited by LA_0013
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

If you're standing opposite to Slash's amps it just works that way. I can assure you that if you'd be standing in front of Frank's amps, Slash's guitar would be "non-existant" too. This is how it works, old fashion setup on stage ;) 

That happened to me at Nice 2015, due to the moshpit I ended up on the 2nd row in front of Frank's Amp (got his pick at the end of Slither). I could barely hear Myles and Salsh, his guitar on the SCOM riff sounded like a toy from a chinese shop.

7 hours ago, jafeijo said:

I just hope his guitar will get more volume in the mix than Gilby's had back then. :P

I have been listening to a lot of bootlegs gearing up for this and once Izzy left the sound did sound a bit more hollow most of the time due to that.

4 hours ago, Ant said:

I'm just going by my concert experiences. I hope I am wrong with respect to these shows!

Could be where you were sitting.. Makes a big difference in smaller venues.. If you are on Slash's side you are going to hear Slash. I had to move one show because I could hardly hear him.

4 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Although I do think the best balancing of lead and rhythm volumes GN'R ever had was on Appetite. Izzy's parts on UYI were a bit too quiet in certain tracks. 

Agree 100% on both acounts.. Though the mix on LIES wasn't too shabby either

27 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

What do You Guys wanted to hear other than Godfather?

Like @Italian girl said, whatever he wants. But I would like some stuff based on what he played for The Wrestler score.

Not sure if he's done this at any of the SMKC gigs, but he can build upon that, jam with the band, and do whatever.

Edited by Babooshka