Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

It would be respectful of Axl to ask Slash and Duff to play a VR song. Maybe to simply avoid having awkward tension come up about it. If it's Axl that says lets do one of your songs then it's fine, if Slash has to ask then I see that turning sour. 

At the end of the day it's still Axl's GNR, and songs under the GNR name will be played. 

I think it will be fun to hear. 

I'd love to hear Axl's take on Fall to Pieces....I think he would nail it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It would be respectful of Axl to ask Slash and Duff to play a VR song. Maybe to simply avoid having awkward tension come up about it. If it's Axl that says lets do one of your songs then it's fine, if Slash has to ask then I see that turning sour. 

At the end of the day it's still Axl's GNR, and songs under the GNR name will be played. 

I think it will be fun to hear. 

Maybe Slash and Duff don't want a VR song played....Maybe that's because they are cool with CD songs being played, maybe it's not...maybe they want VR songs played and they'll be played.  Good lord people lol

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash has said that he actually thought the album was quote "very good", and specifically also mentioned the title track, which as rumours ( I think it was actually eddie money) say was one of the 2 songs they've rehearsed so far. But most of all you gotta realise this: Axl didnt spend a decade working on songs just to completely dismiss them later on like they never existed

Bands dismiss entire albums all the time. Especially ones that weren't that good. I just saw an interview with Slash the other day on here where he said about CD that it was cool to hear Axl's voice but the music "Is what it is". And the expression on his face would leave one to believe it is crap lol. 

If they did play one, the title track would be the best choice I guess..

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Bands dismiss entire albums all the time. Especially ones that weren't that good. I just saw an interview with Slash the other day on here where he said about CD that it was cool to hear Axl's voice but the music "Is what it is". And the expression on his face would leave one to believe it is crap lol. 

If they did play one, the title track would be the best choice I guess..

Yeah I know several bands that dismiss whole albums like Motley with the self titled or VH with Sammy. But remember Axl is Axl. And he worked on those songs far longer than any band before, so there really is no comparison.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You think that argument would fly for either Duff or Slash? If either approached Axl with this argument, shit would go down. You got to be realistic here. It's also a part of Slash and Duff being forthcoming to Axl. As a bonus, Slash has said that he actually thought the album was quote "very good", and specifically also mentioned the title track, which as rumours ( I think it was actually eddie money) say was one of the 2 songs they've rehearsed so far. But most of all you gotta realise this: Axl didnt spend a decade working on songs just to completely dismiss them later on like they never existed

I didn't specify which songs because I don't know.  I would rather them play more UYI tunes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Ok sorry man, I have no clue who it was here then who posted theyve rehearsed title track and Madagascar

I heard that too.  Here and other places...and those two songs would make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I guess the "accident" you are referring to is when the band dedicated Nightrain to Dizzy and his hand. He was never meant to be on Appetite.

He had such a long "accident" that they dint include him from 1985 to 1990? He was in a Coma or what? 

Apart from Locomotive I don't see what more he added, Im not sure about 14 years but Axl is the one who wrote the piano parts for Estranged cause some people think Dizzy played those parts.

Do you even know what 'sound' means? I wrote about something and you respond and write about something different. That's not the level od discussion I get used to so I will pass on responding I guess.

And to the accident, I can't remember correctly but it was something horrible as Axl or Dizzy talked about that long time ago but I guess that can be easily checked or confirmed by someone. And what AFD has to do with that? The sound of the band was changing and they added a lot of pianos which I personally love very much. It's different than AFD but so what? They should record every record the same setup and the same way? I hate CD, but AFD and UYI records are pure hard rock even if you agree or not. To the record I am musician and we own even a recording studio so I have some idea about sound. It has nothing to do with composing music. So yes - Dizzy adds a lot to the GNR sound. Period.

6 minutes ago, warebel said:

Do you even know what 'sound' means? I wrote about something and you respond and write about something different. That's not the level od discussion I get used to so I will pass on responding I guess.

And to the accident, I can't remember correctly but it was something horrible as Axl or Dizzy talked about that long time ago but I guess that can be easily checked or confirmed by someone. And what AFD has to do with that? The sound of the band was changing and they added a lot of pianos which I personally love very much. It's different than AFD but so what? They should record every record the same setup and the same way? I hate CD, but AFD and UYI records are pure hard rock even if you agree or not. To the record I am musician and we own even a recording studio so I have some idea about sound. It has nothing to do with composing music. So yes - Dizzy adds a lot to the GNR sound. Period.

You're right he does add to the sound (a lot is a vague, undefined term in this sense).  However, that doesn't necessarily make it better....or worse, those things are left to opinion.  

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

I'd love to hear Axl's take on Fall to Pieces....I think he would nail it.

Yeah, actually I always thought that would be pretty cool to hear myself. I give that about as much chance of happening, as well... the likelihood that I ever thought this tour was EVER gonna happen, not long ago...So who fucking knows anymore, eh?

Months ago i thought that GNR doing VR would be stupid.. but when you look at it, nobody gave Scott a proper send off. Duff wore a VR shirt when he played bass with AWOLNATION a couple days after he died, but other then that it was a sort of looked over thing. I think doing at least 1 VR tune with one of the members coming up to the mic to at least say "we miss you scott" would be cool

Edited by KeyserSoze

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have a theory. I've been working on it all morning. I might sound crazy but please hear me out:

Maybe..... Just maybe..... 

Nahhhh, it's too crazy. 

Well... I'll share anyway, but please don't make fun. 

Is it at all possible that Izzy Stradlin, like millions or other people just thinks Monty Python and the Holy Grail is funny as hell? 

Don't piss in our cornflakes ya grumpy git :lol: This is the first time Izzy has ever had any kind of "official" communication channel direct with fans and since it's only been a fortnight or so some of us are still amused and intrigued by the randomness of the stuff he's tweeting. And just to throw another dose of petrol on the flames of our wild GNR conspiracies here's Dels latest tweet ;)

Ya not gonna tell me that's just another coincidence are ya? :rofl-lol:

Edited by downliner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, downliner said:

Don't piss in our cornflakes ya grumpy git :lol: This is the first time Izzy has ever had any kind of "official" communication channel direct with fans and since it's only been a fortnight or so some of us are still amused and intrigued by the randomness of the stuff he's tweeting. And just to throw another dose of petrol on the flames of our wild GNR conspiracies here's Dels latest tweet ;)

oh my god too funny.

9 minutes ago, downliner said:

Bruh have u seen 500 days of summer?? 

Nothin really but did anyone else notice Slash the other day tweeted out an animated Metallica Ride The Lightning gif?  Today Kirk Hammet sent out a pic of himself and Slash with the tag #SlashbackSunday

Don't think it means much but interesting they seem to be at least tweeting each other in some regard