Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

9 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

This is just a random gripe...

Why hasn't the "account verification" happened on Twitter for Izzy yet?  If he started that process a couple of weeks back, surely it should have happened by now?  I cannot fathom how it's taking so long whilst he is being active.  

Izzy Stradlin, The Invisible Man.

18 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Why hasn't the "account verification" happened on Twitter for Izzy yet?  If he started that process a couple of weeks back, surely it should have happened by now?  I cannot fathom how it's taking so long whilst he is being active.  

Yeah by now he should have gotten it, maybe a few more days or weeks? 

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah by now he should have gotten it, maybe a few more days or weeks? 

Look for Dizzy.... and too many people who are not have the check. I think twitter dont have time. Or just have the wait order until something happens....

Edited by axlvai

4 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Look for Dizzy.... and too many people who are not have the check. I think twitter dont have time. Or just have the wait order until something happens....

No one even cares for Dizzy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, starlight said:

It is impossible for me that GNR is going to do a whole tour and Izzy has no involmement at all so I think we will see him at some point

Maybe he'll be there next year for the anniversary, if not this year.

2 hours ago, T-Minus said:

If you know what the requirements are you would understand why he isn't verified yet.

1 minute ago, warebel said:

how can someone not care about Dizzy LOL! he would be involved even earlier if he didn't have some accident as far as I remember correctly. He adds a lot to the GNR sound.

I guess the "accident" you are referring to is when the band dedicated Nightrain to Dizzy and his hand. He was never meant to be on Appetite.

He had such a long "accident" that they dint include him from 1985 to 1990? He was in a Coma or what? 

Apart from Locomotive I don't see what more he added, Im not sure about 14 years but Axl is the one who wrote the piano parts for Estranged cause some people think Dizzy played those parts.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

Sir,

July 31 New Orleans  @ Superdome. You will see some of the other dates happen as well. You saw two nights in Vegas, you saw Mexico City announced next. You will see Chinese Democracy songs on the tour and a new management team running the tour as an oversight committee. At this rate, you should take me to Vegas to help you play blackjack before the shows if guessing is what my specialty is. 

There are other things that I cannot share because some of the stuff I know, if made public could compromise strategic negotiations. If any dates I have previously shared end up being incorrect, it's because at the time I shared them, they were only on tentative hold anyway. 

do you know if the Texas shows are scheduled to happen before or after the NOLA date?

I'm kinda excited to hear CD songs on this tour haha it's going to be nuts seeing Slash play them. 

How badass would a stage set up be with the big Illusions posters hanging on either side of the stage along with all their other albums posters between them? If a CD poster is hanging I hope it's the red hand cover 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Sir,

July 31 New Orleans  @ Superdome. You will see some of the other dates happen as well. You saw two nights in Vegas, you saw Mexico City announced next. You will see Chinese Democracy songs on the tour and a new management team running the tour as an oversight committee. At this rate, you should take me to Vegas to help you play blackjack before the shows if guessing is what my specialty is. 

There are other things that I cannot share because some of the stuff I know, if made public could compromise strategic negotiations. If any dates I have previously shared end up being incorrect, it's because at the time I shared them, they were only on tentative hold anyway. 

Any news on any "guest appearances"?

11 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm kinda excited to hear CD songs on this tour haha it's going to be nuts seeing Slash play them. 

How badass would a stage set up be with the big Illusions posters hanging on either side of the stage along with all their other albums posters between them? If a CD poster is hanging I hope it's the red hand cover 

Still not on board with CD songs being played.  Those were Axl's solo project just like Duff's and Slash's.. There is no difference between them playing a CD song and a Conspirators songs IMO. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

do you know if the Texas shows are scheduled to happen before or after the NOLA date?

I still believe the Arlington/AT&T Stadium show will be the end of May. Not sure about Houston. I think it is later. 

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Still not on board with CD songs being played.  Those were Axl's solo project just like Duff's and Slash's.. There is no difference between them playing a CD song and a Conspirators songs IMO. 

But of course to Axl, those are GNR songs. I guess I'm just happy that large American audiences will get to hear a couple of the CD tunes.  

9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Any news on any "guest appearances"?

Right. It's not like this dude has any role in the negotiations with Izzy and Steven (assuming that there are negotiations)but something must have gone wrong to go from our GNR-insider(TM) saying Izzy is pretty much a done deal for  Vegas to where we are now which is,well who knows?

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie Money said:

But of course to Axl, those are GNR songs. I guess I'm just happy that large American audiences will get to hear a couple of the CD tunes.  

Meh, maybe he had a change of heart and that is why this is happening ;) Doubt it but I genuinely don't like or "get" 90% of that album.. So much better stuff to be played.

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

You think that argument would fly for either Duff or Slash? If either approached Axl with this argument, shit would go down. You got to be realistic here. It's also a part of Slash and Duff being forthcoming to Axl. As a bonus, Slash has said that he actually thought the album was quote "very good", and specifically also mentioned the title track, which as rumours ( I think it was actually eddie money) say was one of the 2 songs they've rehearsed so far. But most of all you gotta realise this: Axl didnt spend a decade working on songs just to completely dismiss them later on like they never existed

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

It would be respectful of Axl to ask Slash and Duff to play a VR song. Maybe to simply avoid having awkward tension come up about it. If it's Axl that says lets do one of your songs then it's fine, if Slash has to ask then I see that turning sour. 

At the end of the day it's still Axl's GNR, and songs under the GNR name will be played. 

I think it will be fun to hear.