Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, Rickodez said:

Just two days...

2dd.jpg

Periscope team, brace yourselves, GnR is coming.

2 hours ago, oaka said:

From Frank Ferrer's instagram account 

FB_IMG_1466545980588.jpg

Can't read it, but there's 25 items on it...So same length as previous shows...No more 30+ songs sets for now !

• Like 1

On 20 June 2016 at 7:32 AM, Un42nutzly said:

None of this makes any sense. From this to the lack of promotion to Axl's enthusiasm about AC/DC to jacked ticket prices to the absence of Steven and Izzy... I could continue... 

Lack of promotion?! They had billboards and buildings half painted in the GN'R logo, busses painted entirely in black with promo on!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Where are the photoshoppers to make it look like shes naked?? :dance:

THIS IS THE WEB POLICE - YOU ARE SURROUNDED

Now put your penis down and your hands up. Step away from the computer

• Like 2

4 hours ago, night prowler said:

ok ..so... im usually in the ac/dc box in this stable, only place i belong ... but .. just gotta say something about this...

im extremely aware of me getting onto someones killing list ...for thinking this

and i want to say, for the arguments sake ... that Im a drummer... been for 30 years...played ... professionaly alot ... played every god damn genre there is ...
....so im actually not a total idiot talking out of my ass....

still though .... ITS MY PERSONAL OPPINION.... people here i noticed have problems with that sometimes... just passion probably but still...IM NOT PICKIN A FIGHT

I liked ApetiTe for destruction ... very groovy record and steven playes realy nice... he got that laidback beat with a real punch...

so i just have to say that this does not look good...he can barely hold a 4/4 steady and when he hits the cymbals they sometimes hardly move, he looks more like touching the cymbals,, ... when you play rock music .... your supposed to punish the drums, certain songs anyway....  ... this is bearly holding on ... and then not to talk about the wright wrist that dont seem to be functioning as he looks like he playes with his whole arm....

im gonna get murdered for this i know... but then again sometimes you have to challange and hope it exists: the so called belief in free speach and difference between oppinion and person

but this is just plain emabarrasing to see.... and its tragic because i know he was a decent drummer... never a great one... that is my own oppinion, that i hope i can have ... even about a member of guns and roses....they are only human to actually...Let me say this then also that Phill Rudd is no Great drummer, certainly not any more... he was great at what he did...and he to ..wasted it all on drugs.... and ive seen similar videos of him playing 4/4 to his own music and it sounds ..shit...And if!! Angus would take phill back i would seriously question what the hell he was thinkin ...for the first time... Chris Slade is 70 ...never done drugs or much drinkin and he kicks so much as on drums with ac/dc .. no ballad band have in mind ..

but... as i said the sadest thing about it is to see this musician who has totaly destroyed himself on drugs and shit and now desperately wants to be what he was...

and he cant ... he can barely move his upper body ...

no one with a objective view can belive that this guy could do two hours of fast intense rock music ... on a hot stage ....

THIS SONG IS (IMO) A BALLAD IN COMPARISON TO PARADICE CITY ... AND LOOK HOW HE PLAYS

PS!!!.. im  not trying to put anything or anybody dowm ...this is realy realy realy sad ..think its so sad ... cause he sits at home with his little taped up kit with a towel over the snare drum and probably dreams of playing in guns and roses ... wich he did .....same as Phill Rudd sits in his house playing away hoping Angus is gonna call ... he aint!

Look at Axl with ac/dc ... the energy that man has ... at 54... and look at steven on that video ...

Im sorry ...

Nobody is going to kill you because you're right. Steven is not up to the task. People who want him in full time are the same who wants gilby instead of richard: Nostalgia over sound. "Well, gilby is not half the guitarrist richard is, and steven looks half-dead, but at least they're there!! yay!"

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

Nostalgia over sound. 

That is just bullshit. That may be true for some but most people that aren't happy with Frank and Fortus is because of the sound. It would be a lot easier to accept  members that weren't part of the classic lineups if the band sounded great. Sadly, they just don't to many...

4 hours ago, night prowler said:

ok ..so... im usually in the ac/dc box in this stable, only place i belong ... but .. just gotta say something about this...

im extremely aware of me getting onto someones killing list ...for thinking this

and i want to say, for the arguments sake ... that Im a drummer... been for 30 years...played ... professionaly alot ... played every god damn genre there is ...

still though .... ITS MY PERSONAL OPPINION.... people here i noticed have problems with that sometimes... just passion probably but still...IM NOT PICKIN A FIGHT

I liked ApetiTe for destruction ... very groovy record and steven playes realy nice... he got that laidback beat with a real punch...

so i just have to say that this does not look good...he can barely hold a 4/4 steady and when he hits the cymbals they sometimes hardly move, he looks more like touching the cymbals,, ... when you play rock music .... your supposed to punish the drums, certain songs anyway....  ... this is bearly holding on ... and then not to talk about the wright wrist that dont seem to be functioning as he looks like he playes with his whole arm....

im gonna get murdered for this i know... but then again sometimes you have to challange and hope it exists: the so called belief in free speach and difference between oppinion and person

but this is just plain emabarrasing to see.... and its tragic because i know he was a decent drummer... never a great one... that is my own oppinion, that i hope i can have ... even about a member of guns and roses....they are only human to actually...Let me say this then also that Phill Rudd is no Great drummer, certainly not any more... he was great at what he did...and he to ..wasted it all on drugs.... and ive seen similar videos of him playing 4/4 to his own music and it sounds ..shit...And if!! Angus would take phill back i would seriously question what the hell he was thinkin ...for the first time... Chris Slade is 70 ...never done drugs or much drinkin and he kicks so much as on drums with ac/dc .. no ballad band have in mind ..

but... as i said the sadest thing about it is to see this musician who has totaly destroyed himself on drugs and shit and now desperately wants to be what he was...

no one with a objective view can belive that this guy could do two hours of fast intense rock music ... on a hot stage ....

THIS SONG IS (IMO) A BALLAD IN COMPARISON TO PARADICE CITY ... AND LOOK HOW HE PLAYS

PS!!!.. im  not trying to put anything or anybody dowm ...this is realy realy realy sad ..think its so sad ... cause he sits at home with his little taped up kit with a towel over the snare drum and probably dreams of playing in guns and roses ... wich he did .....same as Phill Rudd sits in his house playing away hoping Angus is gonna call ... he aint!

Look at Axl with ac/dc ... the energy that man has ... at 54... and look at steven on that video ...

Im sorry ...

Don't worry buddy. Some people here are very hypocrite and will probably tear you down even if you're right. You messed up with their idol and they cannot help their fanboyism. Then you will see them talking in another thread about the same thing and even agreeing that Steven can't play anything anymore, but since it's them saying it and faking it, it's all good.

I agree with you Steven cannot and should not be hired to join GN'R permanently in this tour. He can come as a guest and play a couple songs, just out of pity, but the man can't carry a whole show in a stadium anymore. And when was the last time this guy played a stadium anyway? Like 30 years ago.

Impossible.

48 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

Lack of promotion?! They had billboards and buildings half painted in the GN'R logo, busses painted entirely in black with promo on!

Haven't seen one of these in Dallas. Seeing it online doesn't count... 

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is just bullshit. That may be true for some but most people that aren't happy with Frank and Fortus is because of the sound. It would be a lot easier to accept  members that weren't part of the classic lineups if the band sounded great. Sadly, they just don't to many...

I don't see any problem with richard, and i agree about frank, he is the worst drummer in the band's history, but replace him with a zombie for this huge tour...nah. If it was matt, i'd be happy as shit, tho

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Don't worry buddy. Some people here are very hypocrite and will probably tear you down even if you're right. You messed up with their idol and they cannot help their fanboyism. Then you will see them talking in another thread about the same thing and even agreeing that Steven can't play anything anymore, but since it's them saying it and faking it, it's all good.

I agree with you Steven cannot and should not be hired to join GN'R permanently in this tour. He can come as a guest and play a couple songs, just out of pity, but the man can't carry a whole show in a stadium anymore. And when was the last time this guy played a stadium anyway? Like 30 years ago.

Impossible.

What's playing a stadium have to do with it?  Either he can play for 2 and a half hours or he can't...in his bedroom, in a club or in a stadium.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, night prowler said:

Im sorry ...

No disrespect but I will judge him on the dozen or so times I've seen him play live since 2002 over him playing to the record alone in his basement. He can still play the AFD/Lies songs.

Now the people expecting him to play UYI and CD are extremely delusional indeed

Edited by Top-Hatted One

12 hours ago, prejudiced illusions said:

Alright CSI folks, who can make out the set list on Frank's drums?

Warning points should be given every time somebody mentions CSI.  Jokes or funny things lose their effectiveness when overused to death. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, night prowler said:

Im sorry ...

I respect your opinion, but in my opinion he is playing the song perfectly right.

I am a musician too and when I practice along the song I hit my instrument differently than when I play with my band, meaning softer with the record harder live with the band...

7 hours ago, night prowler said:

Im sorry ...

LOL man calm down you said sorry like 15 times, you don't have to do that nobody will kill you because you have your own opinion. And if every your post in GNR threads are this good you are very welcome here.

There's a tendency to just criticize what you have and to hold on to a dream of something else that was proven before, it can't be proven wrong, and some are too polite to just tell how it is.

Time moves on. Trust.