Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, EvH said:

I'm so bored wit the constant "Bring Back Steven" posts. 

Sure he rocks the Appetite tracks, no doubt and no contest. He has the sound and the groove fo it. We know. I bloody hope that he does, considering he has been playing these 12 songs for nearly 30 years now.

I don't want him near Estranged or November Rain. So guests appearances for me. You can suck on that too.

i really don't know what to think about steven...we gotta remember it's a 2 hour fast paced concert, and FOR ME, steven doesn't look up to the task... judging by the recent videos of him playing, his motor coordination seems...strange...slow...sloppy

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

i really don't know what to think about steven...we gotta remember it's a 2 hour fast paced concert, and FOR ME, steven doesn't look up to the task... judging by the recent videos of him playing, his motor coordination seems...strange...slow...sloppy

As much I love Steven and his work on Appetite, gotta agree with this. He has lost loads of his motor coordination, especially with the right hand. Though I was happy to see that on that Paradise City video posted a couple of posts earlier he play the bass drum a lot better he did a couple years back IMO, which seems to be an improvement. If that really is a new video(?) he has some major work to do to get that 'dangerous' Appetite push & pull groove into the songs. Love the guy anyway and always happy to see him play, still 100% my favourite drummer. 

Edited by rosesandguns

1 hour ago, EvH said:

I don't want him near Estranged or November Rain. So guests appearances for me. You can suck on that too.

If the drummer situation wasn't so bad then there would be less noise for Steven.. As for those songs.. I doubt Steven could fuck them up any more than Frank does lol.. Those are two of his worst non Appetite songs.

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Definitely a camera Angle. He was still fat a couple weeks ago during the AC/DC shows.  I don't see how he would suddenly lose any significant ammount of weight that fast.

Was he fat? I guess you never have seen a fat person, he just had a few pounds too much, but still looked great.

2 hours ago, EvH said:

Sure he rocks the Appetite tracks, no doubt and no contest. He has the sound and the groove fo it. We know. I bloody hope that he does, considering he has been playing these 12 songs for nearly 30 years now.

That's fine....anything seems to be better than Frank from what I've seen (and heard).  

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think you're a smart person so you will have to agree with me that one thing doesn't nullify the other, right? Izzy's lyrics are shit and the lyrics from some CD songs are shit too. What's your point?

All I said is that I find pretty hilarious that some people were deriving "hidden meanings" from such simple lyrics. I think the guy wrote what he wrote because that's the kind of lyrics he always writes, there's no extra meaning in them. But it's just my opinion, nothing else. :shrugs:

Gonna repeat myself again: Izzy can release 100 songs, free or not, I still don't like them and I dont find them catchy tune or anything. I rather wait for another CD than have 1000 Izzy songs that don't move on hair of my head. Again, this is my opinion, my personal taste. It doesn't affect anyone else. You all can still enjoy your Izzy songs, download them for free or donate him $$$, really, I don't think there are conflicting interests here.

I'm not sure I wish Axl was more like Izzy or Slash. Yes, it'd be nice if he'd take shorter breaks and would release stuff within a 3-4 years span, but the guy is what the guy is. I cannot change him and I don't know the reasons why he doesn't release more music. It seems he acknowledges this, though. He's joked about it. I wish that someone in that China Exchange conference would have asked him what's the reason for not releasing material more often, that's a good question- I hope some journalist or whatever gets to ask him soon.

Bottom line is, the reality of Izzy solo career has no impact in my musical taste and this is separate from Axl and Guns N' Roses. I will not compare them, they are two different entities, two different artists. What one does wrong doesn't annul what the other does wrong and viceversa. I can be critical of both and praise them too when necessary.

Thanks for the well thought out reply @killuridols :) We all have different preferences so it's good to shoot the shit with fans of differing opinions from time to time. Here's hoping we get a new song from Axl or Guns soon too :headbang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lassie said:

Damn, some rare pic of Axl in here :-)

Not really. All of these have been around for a long time. 

We need real news damnit. Can't believe the tour is about to start and all we get are boring videos of cables and equipment.

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 5:47 AM, Slash787 said:

The reality and the fact is that Steven Adler has written better songs than Izzy and Axl since the past couple of years.

Alive, Fading, Waterfall, Just Don't Ask, Good to be bad.

Those are some amazing songs.

Alive was written by Michael Thomas I assume the others were written by someone else as well. I know Keri has done some lyric writing and a few were Jizzy. Haven't seen any lyric credits to Steven Adler yet.

19 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Steven still rocking out, he is better than ever. Thanks to @Funky.Monkey for sharing this video. Admins/Mods can you edit this post so the video shows, I don't know why the hell the video doesn't shows when I post the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlLLOw8P61I 

cant play the video. Wonder if that video is this one

http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-rehearsing-guns-n-roses-paradise-city/