Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Axl said he wanted out of GNR. Rather make movie soundtracks. To me, that says a lot... He got tired of the whole shit, and it's understandable...

I don't think he meant that at this moment in time - he probably meant that at various points throughout the years of bullshit he thought about dropping Guns altogether. Don't forget, he also said he hopes the current line-up has some longevity so I think Slash and Duff will make a big difference to his attitude and some of the weight is off his shoulders.

1 hour ago, maxpax said:

After watching some parts of the China Exchange thing and reading axls tweets. Axl seems to have not much respect for Brian Jonson. 

What? Axl's got nothing but respect for Brian. He's consistently said how impressive his vocals are/were and how difficult it is to sing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Haha you guys take the smile no smile thing too seriously, the side by side is just funny bc you'd have been blind if you didn't notice how happy Axl was playing with ACDC, we did see him smile in more pics than usual this year though 

from his recent tweets he may just be very sad that his time with AC/DC has come to an end for the moment. along with all the other things mentioned...

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I swear, some people just try to find the negatives in anything. Someone a few pages back (Can't remember who) said Axl shouldn't be thanking AC/DC or their fans. Are you fucking serious?!? He shouldn't be thanking one of his all-time favorite bands for giving him a great opportunity, and he shouldn't be thanking their fans, who were foaming at the mouths with pitchforks in hand, and did a complete 180 to end up praising him on his performances?

No, you're right - that sounds way crazier than assuming it means he wants to dissolve GN'R. 

It wasn't me who said that, but let me ask you. Why did he wait until today to tweet that? Couldn't he have done it a few days ago? When the ACDC iron was still hot? Now it's time to shift gears into GnR mode. Oops. Grind me out a pound.

Why didn't he tweet "excited for these GnR shows?" Because he isn't. And to me, that sucks...

• Like 1

Yeah, he didn't tweet "I missed playing with these guys so much" but that would have meant him accepting be defeated. Like, if he says that, all haters would be like "lol Axl you destroyed your band now you missed them lol"

With some of you, there's no way the guy can ever win :no:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

It wasn't me who said that, but let me ask you. Why did he wait until today to tweet that? Couldn't he have done it a few days ago? When the ACDC iron was still hot? Now it's time to shift gears into GnR mode. Oops. Grind me out a pound.

Why didn't he tweet "excited for these GnR shows?" Because he isn't. And to me, that sucks...

What, you mean a few days ago when he was still on tour with AC/DC? I mean, shit, it hasn't even been 72 hours since the last gig ended, and a solid 12 hours of that has been consumed by travel. I mean, what do you want, him to walk offstage in Düsseldorf and immediately tweet "I miss singing AC/DC songs"?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I beg to differ man. Axl isn't one to tweet 3 times a day. It seems every rare tweet is well thought out and for a purpose. And he's fully aware of GnR:CSI. So, I think he's clearly got something to say...

Or maybe he just misses singing AC/DC?

Not gonna lie tho, thought the tweet was cringeworthy. Then again I think everything in this world is cringeworthy more or less hah

1 minute ago, john lennon said:

Or maybe he just misses singing AC/DC?

Not gonna lie tho, thought the tweet was cringeworthy. Then again I think everything in this world is cringeworthy more or less hah

Why was it cringeworthy? I don't get it..as @Powerage5 said, he pretty much had to thank them..he horned in on their band, he had to thank them for their eventual gracious acceptance of him..and he can't go all completely gushy with GnR bc there are still other people/history involved and he has to be careful..besides, he said "its been 23 years" at the troubadour show, so he saves that kind of stuff for real, in the moment, connections. He said there are new songs coming, Richard Fortus hinted there are new songs coming, heck Izzy said he is not involved in the "actual shows", but is obviously very active musically right now, so I wouldn't doubt he is going to be involved in some new GnR songs..it's all good people, don't worry, good things are coming! (imo).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

What, you mean a few days ago when he was still on tour with AC/DC? I mean, shit, it hasn't even been 72 hours since the last gig ended, and a solid 12 hours of that has been consumed by travel. I mean, what do you want, him to walk offstage in Düsseldorf and immediately tweet "I miss singing AC/DC songs"?

I mean, he's in Detroit with the old boys right? Probably rehearsing, right? And his heart ain't in it. He wishes he was still playing with ACDC. 

Kicked in the Teeth Again

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Why was it cringeworthy? I don't get it..as @Powerage5 said, he pretty much had to thank them..he horned in on their band, he had to thank them for their eventual gracious acceptance of him..and he can't go all completely gushy with GnR bc there are still other people/history involved and he has to be careful..besides, he said "its been 23 years" at the troubadour show, so he saves that kind of stuff for real, in the moment, connections. He said there are new songs coming, Richard Fortus hinted there are new songs coming, heck Izzy said he is not involved in the "actual shows", but is obviously very active musically right now, so I wouldn't doubt he is going to be involved in some new GnR songs..it's all good people, don't worry, good things are coming! (imo).

I didn't mean it like that. It just looked... I don't know, man. Maybe it's all the emojis. Maybe it's just me. My brain's been fucking me a lot lately. I think I've become stupid. 

I think it's great he thanked them. Any decent person woulda. It's the other tweet that made me go a bit "ahhh...?" 

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I mean, he's in Detroit with the old boys right? Probably rehearsing, right? And his heart ain't in it. He wishes he was still playing with ACDC. 

Kicked in the Teeth Again

We don't know they're rehearsing, we only know he's in Detroit. Someone posted a pict with Duff in LA last night. He also didn't say he wishes he was still singing with AC/DC, he said he misses it. You can miss something still care about what you're currently doing. You jumping to a lot of conclusions based on a 5 word tweet. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, john lennon said:

I didn't mean it like that. It just looked... I don't know, man. Maybe it's all the emojis. Maybe it's just me. My brain's been fucking me a lot lately. I think I've become stupid. 

I think it's great he thanked them. Any decent person woulda. It's the other tweet that made me go a bit "ahhh...?" 

I didn't mean to jump on you in particular, I should have just made a general comment :P

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:
2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

We don't know they're rehearsing, we only know he's in Detroit. Someone posted a pict with Duff in LA last night. He also didn't say he wishes he was still singing with AC/DC, he said he misses it. You can miss something still care about what you're currently doing. You jumping to a lot of conclusions based on a 5 word tweet. 

Just now, Powerage5 said:

Fair enough. I am definitely jumping to a lot of conclusions. Just laying out the way I see it... Hey- I drink a lot of beer on Saturday afternoons!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I think Duff's going to Detroit 2nite??? At least that's what I've read on here. Or think I've read. 

5 minutes ago, nonok said:

I'm waiting to see if he tweets anything GNR-related in the next week to decide if he hates us or he's just being polite. :max:

Yes, you have a point, even something simple like "Look Out Detroit!" would be appropriate..