Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

And there's nothing wrong with that. Why should he miss the band he's been fronting for 31 years after a four week tour with another band?

That's what I'm saying. Or, that's what I thought I said. Whatever. We're on the same page here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

He's been singing the same goddamn songs for 25 years now. Of course he doesn't miss Gn'R. I hope AC/DC has inspired him tho, to start a new fresh chapter with Guns (new songs) instead of belting out Jungle, Easy and Brownstone for the 9001th time.

Well I think that is his fault considering he released one album in last 25 years...

• Like 4

No need to freak out over Axl's tweets. Twitter is notorious when it comes to communicating nuances in posts.

AC/DC was just a breath of fresh air for Axl, and just because he didn't mention anything about GN'R in his tweets, doesn't mean he isn't looking forward to the tour. He's put a lot of effort into the band and is known to respect people who stick by him. He isn't going to leave us hanging or anything. At the end of the day, it was just a couple of social media posts, lol.

• Like 2

Did Axl not say in that China Exchange thing that he hopes that the current Guns line-up is the version of the band that stays together? I'd say he has some unfinished business in Guns.

Oddly enough I actually think that if he's distracted with AC/DC we'll see new music from Guns sooner because Slash and Duff can go through the vaults, write some new songs, and then the release will be left up to them while Axl is preoccupied with AC/DC. I could see Axl entrusting them to do what they need to do. 

He made it seem like the ball is in Slash's court for how much of the leftover Chinese songs make it onto a hypothetical new album, so that tells me he's fine with him (and also Duff) controlling what happens with the new music.

Maybe he digs Angus running the show so much that he wants Slash and Duff to do the same. After all these years, Axl is content with shutting up and singing. :lol:

• Like 3

Wow some of you are going so deep in this GNR and AC/DC thing.

Axl seems to enjoy AC/DC a lot, he is having fun.

If this AC/DC thing happened before then I don't think so Axl would even go forward with GNR for the next few years.

Like anyone would be happy in a band like AC/DC rather than playing the same songs again and again with a bunch of clowns (NuGNR)

Just now, DexAxl said:

Well I think that is his fault considering he released one album in last 25 years...

I agree, but I hope that burying the hatchet with Slash and the positive reception from AC/DC has inspired Axl to come out of his shell more and take Gn'R to the next chapter. You'll have to consider this tho, for a long time he was the black sheep "douchebag" of Rock n' Roll. He even said the years around the release of Chinese Democracy were the worst of his life. All the nasty comments about his weight, the constant whining about Slash, bad management, Chinese Democracy being a bloated turd, the NuGNR line-up going nowhere etc. etc. must've really struck his confidence.

Say what you will, but the timing sucks. He rarely tweets, but he felt it necessary to thank ACDC fans today, less than a week before this tour starts, probably on the first day he is at GnR rehearsal. 

Did he tweet one time after the 7 GnR warm ups? I get the whole breath of fresh air business, but come on. He knows his tweets are over analyzed, so... :shrugs:

• Like 1

Axl said he wanted out of GNR. Rather make movie soundtracks. To me, that says a lot... He got tired of the whole shit, and it's understandable... Who wouldn't?

Hopefully, Slash and Duff help him with carrying GNR. It's a heavy load. Obviously, ACDC is all about fun now. Until he has to get more serious with them, we'll see.

He should find a way to make this GNR stuff more fun for him. Change the setlist, add new songs. I don't know. I hope he finds a way to cope with this tour, despite the natural boredom he's feeling now.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl probably came into rehearsals and they said "hey man we are on Jungle, want to jump in?" 

Axl: "sure haven't sang this in a while" 

ok here we go

Axl (Mickey voice) "DO YOU KNOW WHERE the fu*k you are....(tears start falling) (full 91 rasp) YOUVE BEEN THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!" 

Slash: "GODAMNIT Axl this isn't ACDC"

Axl: " oh thanks Slash you didn't have to remind me" (runs out of room to call Angus) 

:rofl-lol: Dude, that was hilarious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

If Axl tags himself to McDonalds sayin' "love this stuff, thanks mcdonalds, fuckin awesome yeah", who in the name of fuck thinks he still wouldn't love Taco Bell more? Yeah, he might enjoy a few cheese burgers and nuggets, but everyone knows his love towards Taco Bell is INFINITE. 

I love you 

• Like 3

Why the scandal though?

I see people going desperate and others finding excuses to deny his feelings. :shrugs:

What would be the problem if he doesn't want to be in Guns N' Roses anymore? (personally I think he doesn't want to be but he has to. He said he still has to release more music under the GNR name)

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This has to be the most blown out of purportion thing I've seen here in quite some time. :lol:

I'd have your same attitude if I was going to see him in a few days in my city but maybe it's just me

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why the scandal though?

I see people going desperate and others finding excuses to deny his feelings. :shrugs:

What would be the problem if he doesn't want to be in Guns N' Roses anymore? (personally I think he doesn't want to be but he has to. He said he still has to release more music under the GNR name)

Shouldn't book a tour with rip off prices to milk GNR fans then. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This has to be the most blown out of purportion thing I've seen here in quite some time. :lol:

I beg to differ man. Axl isn't one to tweet 3 times a day. It seems every rare tweet is well thought out and for a purpose. And he's fully aware of GnR:CSI. So, I think he's clearly got something to say...

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why the scandal though?

Ok then quit the band if you're not having fun and you're not willing to put a good effort into it. What's the point of carry on with that blande attitude?

34 minutes ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

He's been singing the same goddamn songs for 25 years now. Of course he doesn't miss Gn'R. I hope AC/DC has inspired him tho, to start a new fresh chapter with Guns (new songs) instead of belting out Jungle, Easy and Brownstone for the 9001th time.

He doesn't even try adding other songs from the GN'R catalogue like breakdown, don't damn me, bad apples, the garden etc here or there to freshen things up and then calls out the gnr fans every opportunity he gets. If he's sick of guns, just put the band name to rest and call it a day. Seriously.