Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I think what we've got to remember is that it was only just over a week ago Axl said himself he wants to release more albums with GNR. If it wasn't for the reunion I would maybe view it differently because he seemed bored on stage before the reunion. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This has to be the most blown out of purportion thing I've seen here in quite some time. :lol:

Of course it is. One person dropped a stink bomb and everybody loses their minds like 50 people reacted when only one person did. You know you love it

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I beg to differ man. Axl isn't one to tweet 3 times a day. It seems every rare tweet is well thought out and for a purpose. And he's fully aware of GnR:CSI. So, I think he's clearly got something to say...

So do I.... That he had a great time with AC/DC and misses it. 

The posts about this meaning the end of GNR are way over dramatic. 

Just now, Billsfan said:

Of course it is. One person dropped a stink bomb and everybody loses their minds like 50 people reacted when only one person did. You know you love it

More than a few people are acting like it's the end of GNR, which is funny to me, that's all. 

• Like 1

One instigator behind the tedium behind singing for Guns N' Roses is the lack of new material. He has been effectively playing the same hits setlists since 2002 - sans a fresh injection of Chinese songs c.2010. 2011-14 the setlists have been completely static. The reunion is merely another rejig (plus Coma and Double Talkin' Jive) of the same setlist he has played since 2002. He is going to be playing this shit for three more years probably!

AC/DC are fairly nostalgic also but this is irrelevant as it is a new bunch of songs for Axl, and anyhow, they are supporting a new album (Rock or Bust), playing two new songs from it.

GN'R should have written and recorded a soundtrack song or two at a minimum, ahead of the stadium tour, and then proceeded to play them live.

Calm down people, what happened was (and I know it from inside sources) : Axl entered into the rehearsals room and they were playing 'Slither', Axl went mad and just tweeted about missing AC/DC so grandpa Angus come to rescue him. No more, no less.

(Needless to say: GNR reunion off) :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, starlight said:

Ok then quit the band if you're not having fun and you're not willing to put a good effort into it. What's the point of carry on with that blande attitude?

Maybe it's not that easy to quit. There's a lot of money in the middle and a large carpet of leeches to be left in the dark. 

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

lucky them. I'm in the UK and won't be so daft. 

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So do I.... That he had a great time with AC/DC and misses it. 

The posts about this meaning the end of GNR are way over dramatic. 

More than a few people are acting like it's the end of GNR, which is funny to me, that's all. 

I'm not saying it's the end. I'm saying I was hoping that this lineup was the dawn of a new era. Above all, with some new tunes. Maybe that still happens. But when I combine Axls statements in that China Exchange, with things like this, I don't see it being his priority for a while. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna rock the fuck out in KC in 11 days, but my dreams of a new golden era of GnR are sure beat down. This whole Axl/DC thing has just been a roller coaster for me...

Guys, CHILL. Axl had fun singing for ACDC and misses it a bit. That's literally all he said.

With any luck, he'll also tweet something about looking forward to the GnR tour.

And with Slash and Duff back, there'll be less pressure and responsibility on Axl's shoulders, so he might start enjoying GnR more again as well.

(Also, NEW MUSIC, damnit. Might really help with the boredom problem, Axl!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Calm down people, what happened was (and I know it from inside sources) : Axl entered into the rehearsals room and they were playing 'Slither', Axl went mad and just tweeted about missing AC/DC so grandpa Angus come to rescue him. No more, no less.

(Needless to say: GNR reunion off) :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol:

They want to make him sing that shit SLITHER after the guy's been singing BACK IN BLACK and HIGHWAY TO HELL!!! :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:rofl-lol:

They want to make him sing that shit SLITHER after the guy's been singing BACK IN BLACK and HIGHWAY TO HELL!!! :facepalm:

They are playing This I Love and Chinese Democracy. One turd deserves another turd - although I don't mind Slither.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are playing This I Love and Chinese Democracy. One turd deserves another turd - although I don't mind Slither.

They are all turds. Should wipe that setlist and play only covers from the best rock bands! :headbang:

45 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Now Slash has tweeted a photo of the old ad for the Clapper. Clap on, clap off... What the fuck is going on up in Rock City today???!

2016: What a ride, N' it still half a year

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They are all turds. Should wipe that setlist and play only covers from the best rock bands! :headbang:

AC/DC :lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

After watching some parts of the China Exchange thing and reading axls tweets. Axl seems to have not much respect for Brian Jonson. 

Btw...its a bit ironic that Axl sang for a Band where changing some original members worked very well. NuGnR was the exact opposite of that.

Edited by maxpax

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl probably came into rehearsals and they said "hey man we are on Jungle, want to jump in?" 

Axl: "sure haven't sang this in a while" 

ok here we go

Axl (Mickey voice) "DO YOU KNOW WHERE the fu*k you are....(tears start falling) (full 91 rasp) YOUVE BEEN THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!" 

Slash: "GODAMNIT Axl this isn't ACDC"

Axl: " oh thanks Slash you didn't have to remind me" (runs out of room to call Angus) 

AXL.gif.aa2da7dd5c5ef3959fd8baca2175296e.gif

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Huh, I care more about this band than it's lead fucking singer. *leans back in my chair staring at the ceiling* ...man, what the fuck is going on? *faint echoes of demented laughter and towels* Oh. My. Fucking. God. Do any of you guys realise the page number we've reached?! 666!!!!!! No! Noooooo! *vortex opens up in my brain making me implode* NIVEN WAS RIGHT!!!!!! NIVEN, WAS RIIIIII-

Ballad of Death plays softly....

• Like 2