Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

She holds tickets and has a GnR shirt? What is the source? Is this some unofficial VIP meet n greet exclusive?

That ticket looks very much like the one I have for the Manchester AC/DC show. Although I never saw him photographed in that T-shirt until after the last German show so I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Kenan said:

^^It's probably camera angle. I don't really get this whole obsession about Axl's weight but I guess some folks find it (too) important...

Definitely a camera Angle. He was still fat a couple weeks ago during the AC/DC shows.  I don't see how he would suddenly lose any significant ammount of weight that fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Yes, but you have to arrive at the nearest airport 4 days prior to the show and it's on the 4th person in line. She was very lucky.

what do you mean 4th person in line? were you there? how lucky?

14 hours ago, downliner said:

Hope you don't think I'm trolling you @killuridols since we got into the Izzy topic in another thread, but we definitely have different opinions and I can't help but jump in to respond to your posts as they are so opposite to my opinions :)

Please don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not an Axl hater, but GNR fans waited from 1993 until 2008 for Chinese to be released, and it had lyrics like:

Axls scream in I.R.S is f'n badass we can all agree, it's just a shame that lazy lyrics like the above usually make me skip the song before I even get to the scream.

Izzy may not be the best lyricist ever, but he has consistently knocked out one catchy tune after another since leaving GNR (119 originals in total). Back in March/April Izzy said he was writing again, then a week ago he said he was mixing a song, and already us Izzy fans are hearing it for free. A lot may not consider it his best song to date, but the significant majority are enjoying it for what it is - yet another solid tune with that RNR spirit.

Don't you wish that Axl were more like Izzy? Knocking out an album of 10 decent songs every year? They may not be "epics", some may be filler, but nothing on Chinese was worth the wait anyway.... it couldn't possibly live up to the hype/mysteria. Just hit the record button, rock the fuck out, and release it..... rinse and repeat. I'd be as happy as a pig in shit if Axl would take this route :headbang: I think most of us diehards would be more than happy with Axl just screaming a load of bollocks over some killer riffs with the occassional solo thrown in for good measure :lol:

I think you're a smart person so you will have to agree with me that one thing doesn't nullify the other, right? Izzy's lyrics are shit and the lyrics from some CD songs are shit too. What's your point?

All I said is that I find pretty hilarious that some people were deriving "hidden meanings" from such simple lyrics. I think the guy wrote what he wrote because that's the kind of lyrics he always writes, there's no extra meaning in them. But it's just my opinion, nothing else. :shrugs:

Gonna repeat myself again: Izzy can release 100 songs, free or not, I still don't like them and I dont find them catchy tune or anything. I rather wait for another CD than have 1000 Izzy songs that don't move on hair of my head. Again, this is my opinion, my personal taste. It doesn't affect anyone else. You all can still enjoy your Izzy songs, download them for free or donate him $$$, really, I don't think there are conflicting interests here.

I'm not sure I wish Axl was more like Izzy or Slash. Yes, it'd be nice if he'd take shorter breaks and would release stuff within a 3-4 years span, but the guy is what the guy is. I cannot change him and I don't know the reasons why he doesn't release more music. It seems he acknowledges this, though. He's joked about it. I wish that someone in that China Exchange conference would have asked him what's the reason for not releasing material more often, that's a good question- I hope some journalist or whatever gets to ask him soon.

Bottom line is, the reality of Izzy solo career has no impact in my musical taste and this is separate from Axl and Guns N' Roses. I will not compare them, they are two different entities, two different artists. What one does wrong doesn't annul what the other does wrong and viceversa. I can be critical of both and praise them too when necessary.

10 hours ago, Changes said:

Quick question... I remember somebody saying that Erin shut down her account and then came back and added the _ at the end of the username, and that it was originally "esperly". Why would anybody do that? If that is correct it seems to me that this is just a crazy fan. Or is there solid proof of it being her? 

It is Erin for real. She had an account before and she closed it because some people went crazy, called her names, others started hashtags calling her groupie, old hag, made references to her being old and ugly. Really stupid inmature stuff.

Then she went back and added the _

Proof that it is her are the pictures she posts about her life, her children mostly and the fact that Meegan Hodges talks to her over there too. Meegan account is real so she wouldn't be talking or liking posts of a fake Erin. :shrugs:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

That acount is 100% real.  Wich makes me think..  I havent seen that axl coment before ysmanl,  but asuming it happened. ( and before that particular song) ,  all the things miss esperly have said on instagram facebook etc, slash is back togheter with megan ( close friend of erin) and slash is back with gnr.. So...

The real question here would be..

Are axl and erin somehow seen each other again?? 

Is not a big deal, but this particular relationship ( if its there ) would be ( the way i see it), a "demons exorcist  "  for Mr Rose.

No one knows if they're seeing each other, but it does look like Axl has made peace with a number of people. Maybe that is Duff's influence.

OK, so does it seem weird that they are using studio tracks to the live *HYPE* clips?  It's almost as if they are trying to appeal to the MASS audience and aren't confident in using the band/Axl's current voice to promote these shows.

1 minute ago, Un42nutzly said:

OK, so does it seem weird that they are using studio tracks to the live *HYPE* clips?  It's almost as if they are trying to appeal to the MASS audience and aren't confident in using the band/Axl's current voice to promote these shows.

Yes it's strange, especially since ACDC were confident enough with Axls live vocals. There are some good ones they could've picked out from the 2016 GNR shows. :shrugs:

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes it's strange, especially since ACDC were confident enough with Axls live vocals. There are some good ones they could've picked out from the 2016 GNR shows. :shrugs:

None of this makes any sense. From this to the lack of promotion to Axl's enthusiasm about AC/DC to jacked ticket prices to the absence of Steven and Izzy... I could continue... 

Edited by Un42nutzly
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

or you need to actually go to a show to hear them play.

Promoters use different  methods in why they do thing and who is saying Axl has actually any say on the matter, it could be all down to the promoter. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gooner14 said:

What meds was he on? We need an appetite for illusions part 2 :D

He also looks better in white. He should keep it simple and dress like this on stage too

Oh should he now? What other insignificant and personal things SHOULD he change?

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Steven still rocking out, he is better than ever. Thanks to @Funky.Monkey for sharing this video. Admins/Mods can you edit this post so the video shows, I don't know why the hell the video doesn't shows when I post the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlLLOw8P61I 

Steven...

From 2 DAYS AGO?!?!

1 minute ago, KURT19 said:

Steven...

From 2 DAYS AGO?!?!

Im not sure if its from 2 days ago, I guess its from May, there was a small clip of steven saying that he will be performing at the m3 festival and he was wearing the same tshirt. If its not from 2 days ago then its just one month old, but still he looks amazing, he is playing perfectly.

People who are saying Steven should only do "Guest" appearances, then well suck on this. Steven deserves to be there full time.

• Like 3