Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Did anyone else see Mitch Lafons latest tweet, sorry don't know how to copy as an image.

Sitting here watching TV - Phone rings. It's Steven Adler. Let's do an interview. No prep. No notes. 48 minutes lat… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…

Looks like Steven is going to start spilling the beans :wacko:

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

Did anyone else see Mitch Lafons latest tweet, sorry don't know how to copy as an image.

Sitting here watching TV - Phone rings. It's Steven Adler. Let's do an interview. No prep. No notes. 48 minutes lat… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…

Just copy the link address here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

Ohhhhh Shit :popcorn:

Hopefully he actually asks about the reunion and not just his mom's book.

Btw, the Dr. Drew podcast is up: http://drdrew.com/2017/life-68-deanna-steven-adler/

Steven doesn't come in until around the 20 minute mark. Nothing about GNR is talked about but apparently Steven's own family paid to have him kidnapped and held at one point. :facepalm: That family is just insane... I can't see why anybody would want to take advice from Deanna Adler she's just as big of a mess as Steven was.

Edited by Kris_1989

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

apparently Steven's own family paid to have him kidnapped and held at one point. :facepalm: That family is just insane... I can't see why anybody would want to take advice from Deanna Adler she's just as big of a mess as Steven was.

What, you don't do that to your children in your country? Weird.

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I also don't believe they were enemies, they just couldn't make music anymore together. It wasn't artistic differences, Slash has said "My departure had nothing to do with artistic differences as many people claim to know. [...] I would have hung in there wih Axl through an industrial record or whatever else he wanted to try if the vibe between us was positive. [...] Unfortunately we stopped being a team somewhere along the way."

He listed the constant disrespect for all involved by going on late for no good reason night after night, the legal manipulation Axl forced on him and the band and the loss of Izzy and Steven, "without them the band no longer had it's original chemistry." as reasons for leaving the band in the end.

The last sentence also leads me to believe Slash is not in this for the long haul unless something is worked out with Izzy and Steven and only signed this 1 year tour contract for the fans because it's better than nothing and no one knows if they will ever make it work with all 5.

Where is that Slash quote from?

It's the chicken or the egg. Did Axl arrive late because they were strung out or were they strung out because he arrived late. It's quite vexing.

9 minutes ago, Sprite said:

It's the chicken or the egg. Did Axl arrive late because they were strung out or were they strung out because he arrived late. It's quite vexing.

I think the quote is from Slash book. I remember reading similar things on it. Also in his book Slash and also Duff say Axl was late for no reason. And while wating for Axl to arrive they were getting high and drunk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think the quote is from Slash book. I remember reading similar things on it. Also in his book Slash and also Duff say Axl was late for no reason. And while wating for Axl to arrive they were getting high and drunk

We all make mistakes. Ultimately only ourself is responsible for the decisions we make. I tend to think there are 2 sides to everything, then the truth somewhere in the middle. If Slash was only drinking himself to a literal physical death simply because he was waiting for Axl to show up?..That is deep love for someone. Like he couldn't do it without him. Like a dog waiting at the door for its owner. 

If they cared about the band, they shouldn't have been wasted all the time and should have confronted Axl. They could have acted like how they act.... now. Nobody is innocent here. We all need time and experience to learn the way that works for us.

You can go through life believing or denying everything, both save you from thinking.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jeez said:

It's related to two pictures he posted on facebook. It's two pictures of the stadium. One empty, at the front in daylight. The other when the stadium is full, at the back at night.

I don't know how to post the pictures here but it's nothing extraordinary.

25g4a5e.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blonde_illusion said:

What happened between Axl and Del?

As far ad I know they have always been close friends. They spent Valentine's Day together with Angus from Del's tweet.

I think the comment you are referring to is related to Fernando being anti-Slash before the reunion and possibly Del was too.;)

4 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

As far ad I know they have always been close friends. They spent Valentine's Day together with Angus from Del's tweet.

I think the comment you are referring to is related to Fernando being anti-Slash before the reunion and possibly Del was too.;)

Ah, yeah. Yeah, like people split into two sides. Doesn't surprise me. I would say that, as someone else said here, that when they got big, money/fame got into it and drove the band apart -- considering Axl legally owns the name. I mean, whatever, they're touring now, and that's what matters.

18 minutes ago, blonde_illusion said:

Ah, yeah. Yeah, like people split into two sides. Doesn't surprise me. I would say that, as someone else said here, that when they got big, money/fame got into it and drove the band apart -- considering Axl legally owns the name. I mean, whatever, they're touring now, and that's what matters.

Yeah when bands break up, it is as bad as people getting a divorce, if not worse, because there are many more people involved.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, blonde_illusion said:

What happened between Axl and Del?

Del James is one of these toxic Axl-yesmen-no-matter-what just like Fernando is what I meant, because much of Kris1989s post also applies to him and not just Fernando. I think this attitude by them made Axl stubborn to work out the issues with Slash and Duff because he got constant confirmation by them that he is in the right and doesn't need them, when in reality they were just echoing his own words, resulting in these 20+ years of reunion we have lost now. If Del really wanted to make friends with Slash again he would have, as it stands it looks like he is because Axl is again.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Sprite said:

Yeah there's no context. Why was Axl late? Because he was fucked up and shouldn't  have even been on tour. He was in therapy on tour. He went on tour for Slash. According to Axl. 

Nobody mentions that Slash basically said he wouldn't do Axl's Stephanie Seymour ballads. 

Not saying Axl wasn't more to blame or fully. But there was more to the whole situation at certain points at least, even if none of that stuff mattered. 

Potentially they grew apart because was Axl was sober and Slash/Duff were obliterated. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, wasted said:

Yeah there's no context. Why was Axl late? Because he was fucked up and shouldn't  have even been on tour. He was in therapy on tour. He went on tour for Slash. According to Axl. 

Nobody mentions that Slash basically said he wouldn't do Axl's Stephanie Seymour ballads. 

Not saying Axl wasn't more to blame or fully. But there was more to the whole situation at certain points at least, even if none of that stuff mattered. 

Potentially they grew apart because was Axl was sober and Slash/Duff were obliterated. 

Bro, come on now. You are smarter than this. 

15 hours ago, wasted said:

In what way? We don't know for sure. People tend to just take what Slash says in a vacuum. Especially in the late 90s. Axl never really defended himself. Maybe it took him 10 years to come up with his excuses. I prefer what Duff said Axl was this and that, but I also had my problems. 

It's not that Slash was a shit talker or rumor monger towards Axl. It's just it was always so one sided against Axl from so many people. Yet Axl never said a word for so long and still hasn't. He had the bad guy reputation going before the breakup already. So when he went into his hiding phase, the focus turns to Slash. Slash went public. They made it too easy for reactive people to pick sides. 1 quiet guy everyone loves playing a victim card vs the asshole who hasn't been seen or heard from since 94. So the legend grew. Then you have people like Goldstein saying Axl threatened a no show if they didn't sign him naming rights minutes before a show. There is not a snowballs chance in hell that would be a feasible legal option. But Axl said that in the chats so I'm just biased I guess. Axl's rationale for doing that never really seems to be put in context either. It's not glamorous to talk about effects of excessive drinking/drugs anymore or just the pure and utter chaos that rockstar  lifestyle must be and somehow trying to keep a lid on it.

Then the re emergence in 2002 for both Axl and Slash. Oh my god, rio, 02 MTV awards, riots. "That didn't look like what you thought it would look like" was the reaction of a lot of people for new guns. Then comes VR and it's a mainstream hit. Battleship sunk. VR sounds and looks like what we think veteran rock musicians should sound and look like at this age in this era. Axl was about 6 years too late. 96/97 that 2002 band is a hit. Weird was in. It's like they were timecapsuled aesthetically and sound wise in 1997 and couldn't shake it till 03. Not that they needed to.

but Slash and Axl were playing different games. Axl's the perpetual bad guy trying to resurrect the old band. I feel it was more and more accepted as years went on. Particularly 06-12. Slash is the crossover artist everyone loves. He created a super band. He plays with the pop stars. He's on cartoons and late night shows. Old, young, white,black. We all love him.He got to play the part of good guy for sometime. 

but the thing about the truth is it always waits for eyes unclouded by longing or judgement. As the years go by Axl's "side" of the breakup if that's even a thing and keeping the naming rights and his desire to see it continue makes more and more sense. I'm not saying Axl is innocent or Slash is a bad person. I think it's just the way it happened. It probably comes down to poor communication which is the root behind any relationship failure. There are no bad guys. Just some mistakes in retrospect.

Looking ahead they seem to've put it past them. One can only hope they continue touring and maybe just maybe we'll get a new something someday.

• Like 3