Led Zeppelin

Izzy_Stradlin_XX

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like a lot of people think LZ is better from an "intellectual point of view", although they don't prefer them. If you are one of those people, would you mind explaining in intellectual terms why LZ music is superior although it is not to your ears? Acknowledging Zeppelin's greatness just seems like something you should do to be "in the know", and it's weird cause as opposed to the other great acts I don't really know that many people who truly are active fans.

Zeppelin stomps all over guns :laugh:

Absolutely. It's not even a contest.

Music is never a contest.

Anyway, I'm not a big Led Zeppelin fan, but there is a lot of great music recorded by them that influenced generations. Gn'R included.

Jimmy Page is obviously a genius, and even though they stole a lot of shit, it mostly was a better version of the material, and always sounded like them.

I still prefer Gn'R.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

Fuck Led Zeppelin, they're shit, end of. Handful of good tracks other than that it's just one of those bands people try desperately to get into..."oh but you gotta hear this album maaann or you won't get it" fuck offff, call a spade a spade, GnR for me, all day everytime, never liked Zep...and i tried too, GnR all the way and i don't give a fuck how many history-book-worms prattle on about Led Zeppelin, if it sounds like shit it's shit. I like a few tracks but overall they're fucking dreadful...worse than dreadful, boring and that is one thing i cannot abide music being is boring.

Rock n Rolls gotta be exciting...and Zeppelin ain't. Although Black Dog, Rock n Roll, Heartbreaker, these songs are motherfuckers, rate em up and down...but generally, Zeppelin? Bullshit.

Bonzo's a good hard hitting fucking drummer, i like him. Page is pretty good too, can't fuckin sit here and actually say he's naff, that'd just be silly, comes up with some bangin' riffs, never thought much of Plant. I think i might've liked em if they had maintained the balls to the wall rock n roll stuff as like...a bedrock but they sort of...seem like a band that went off on all these wanky ill-concieved excursions into...fuck knows what. They were almost entirely contentless, you can't just be fucking around trying to sound all deep and clever when you've got nothing to say, then you're just tossing off into a thimble.

Vikings...goblins...fuck off, i'm a grown up, don't patronise me, sing about something that means shit to me :rolleyes:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

The only real fault with Zeppelin is Robert Plant's lyrics.

Might be a fairer assessment that my little zealous rant but yeah, thats a big part of it.

What the fucks that?!?! Sounds like an intro to Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe...there's a lady whoose gold and she's been told she knows the stores are closed and AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Say something you dizzy-headed cunt, don't just rhyme random shit at me and hope that some fuckin acid-head interprets the book of revelations out of it...this is why the following had to come and blow all this shite out of the water, listenn:

now thats how you perform a song, fuckin listen to that...put it down, wall away leaving all the audiences fuckin hair blown back and ears ringing...bliss :):):) Sharp...snappy...concise...contentious...like a punch in the mouth.

Edited by sugaraylen

Zeppelin worked because they were never one dimensional, say what you want about the Pistols or whoever the fuck came after, but they were mostly good at one thing. And is sure as fuck wasn't playing their instruments. :rofl-lol:

But why does this have to turn into Zeppelin sucks Punk rules? It's such a tired old debate. And you don't hear Zep fans tearing into The Ramones or anyone else from that time, their motivations were political/protest/anti establishment, Zeppelin's were musical, but it's not a fucking arms race.

Zeppelin were great, that's not even in question.

Edited by moreblack

Fuck Led Zeppelin, they're shit, end of. Handful of good tracks other than that it's just one of those bands people try desperately to get into..."oh but you gotta hear this album maaann or you won't get it" fuck offff, call a spade a spade, GnR for me, all day everytime, never liked Zep...and i tried too, GnR all the way and i don't give a fuck how many history-book-worms prattle on about Led Zeppelin, if it sounds like shit it's shit. I like a few tracks but overall they're fucking dreadful...worse than dreadful, boring and that is one thing i cannot abide music being is boring.

Rock n Rolls gotta be exciting...and Zeppelin ain't. Although Black Dog, Rock n Roll, Heartbreaker, these songs are motherfuckers, rate em up and down...but generally, Zeppelin? Bullshit.

Bonzo's a good hard hitting fucking drummer, i like him. Page is pretty good too, can't fuckin sit here and actually say he's naff, that'd just be silly, comes up with some bangin' riffs, never thought much of Plant. I think i might've liked em if they had maintained the balls to the wall rock n roll stuff as like...a bedrock but they sort of...seem like a band that went off on all these wanky ill-concieved excursions into...fuck knows what. They were almost entirely contentless, you can't just be fucking around trying to sound all deep and clever when you've got nothing to say, then you're just tossing off into a thimble.

Vikings...goblins...fuck off, i'm a grown up, don't patronise me, sing about something that means shit to me :rolleyes:

You arent too bright are you? Anyone with even half a mind can easily see that Zeppelin is easily one of the top rock bands ever.