Chicago Show at the HOB 2/18

Birk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I hear Rocket Queen I think "Take that! Take that! I'll take it goddammit!"

Every time I hear Street of Dreams I think "Okay, nevermind!"

Every time I hear Patience I think "Bullshit."

Every time I hear You Could Be Mine I think "With your ass in the air."

Every time I hear Estranged I think "Ladies & Gentlemen, on the keyboard, Mr. Dizzy Reed!"

Every time I hear Estranged I think "Woooooooooh!" right before 1st guitar solo

I was at the show, towards the end I ended up getting up front on the rail dead center, got to shake Axl and Rons hand. That made up for the somewhat shitty view the first half of the show.

FYI, on the sound issue, Axl and Tommy were pissed at the sound guys the entire night, I think before November Rain Tommy was bitching to the sound guys at stage right and the guy just gave him a "whatever" kinda look, then Axl stormed out of his tent and starting screaming at the guy and Tommy basically had to step between the two and Axl walked off and Tommy went running after him.

I'm watching it right now...

How can anyone seriously say he sounds good...

Really...

He has moments where he sounds amazing. They only last seconds though.

I'm watching it again myself and I can get that some people don't like his use of falsetto, but, fuck, there are some drama queens here. He uses his falsetto more, people bitch. He sounds raspier than I thought he would last night, people still bitch.

Ali

I was there. I've seen him sing better. But he sounded great last night. I was hoping they would get his mic higher in the mix. That's my only complaint. Besides for that he was awesome and super active on stage. By the way. Fortus is a machine. I don't know ahit about playing the guitar but I can't believe he can rock that hard for a whole show

Really...

I'm watching it again myself and I can get that some people don't like his use of falsetto, but, fuck, there are some drama queens here. He uses his falsetto more, people bitch. He sounds raspier than I thought he would last night, people still bitch.

Ali

Show was A W E S O M E. Mixed perfectly for those who were there. Haven't heard/seen the stream yet but I'll get to it. Axl sounded awesome in person.

Really...

Ali

Show was A W E S O M E. Mixed perfectly for those who were there. Haven't heard/seen the stream yet but I'll get to it. Axl sounded awesome in person.

Glad you enjoyed it, Russ.

Ali