Chicago Show at the HOB 2/18

Birk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live, I didn't notice any real sound problems, other than Axl being pretty low in the mix. And Richard was super low in the mix most of the night. I couldn't hardly even hear him playing his solo, nor when he started 'You're Crazy' and 'Used to Love Her'. I did notice Axl was losing his voice during 'This I Love', and I mean losing it in a laryngitis way, not a "he doesn't have a good voice" way ;)

I was front and center for the show! Highlight was when I started yelling used to love her and then they started playing it! I was jamming out the whole time all the way up too Madagascar. I passed out and was rushed to a medical room in the backstage area. I couldn't breath and lost my heart beat. I was loaded into the ambulance and rushed to er. I survived and released a few hours later. Most exciting time and yet scariest moment of my live! Today was starting to head home but decided to stop by the hotel band was stayin at. Met Beta, Dizzy, Tommy, Del, Dj, Ron, Frank, and Richard! Would have met Axl but I would have had to wait till 8pm and I was still feeling the effects and started to head home. Tommy was real nice too me this time :)

I saw you getting pulled out, man! That was some scary stuff. You looked completely gone. I'm not sure if anyone else told you yet, but it looked like Axl was watching you as you were passing out. Glad to hear you ended up being alright, though. And that's awesome that you got to meet some of the crew! Nicely done. :)

Anyone who was at the show know what was going on when Axl said "We're not in Ohio, guy." and when he said to the security I believe, "They're fine, guys."

I missed the Ohio comment, but the second one I believe was in response to two girls on the barrier holding up a sign for Axl. A security guard tried to take the sign away from them as soon as they hung it up, but after Axl said something, he reluctantly gave it back to the girls. Nice little moment. I could be wrong about that timing, but that's my best guess.

Anyone who was at the show know what was going on when Axl said "We're not in Ohio, guy." and when he said to the security I believe, "They're fine, guys."

Some one had a sign that said "See You in Cleveland".

I was front and center for the show! Highlight was when I started yelling used to love her and then they started playing it! I was jamming out the whole time all the way up too Madagascar. I passed out and was rushed to a medical room in the backstage area. I couldn't breath and lost my heart beat. I was loaded into the ambulance and rushed to er. I survived and released a few hours later. Most exciting time and yet scariest moment of my live! Today was starting to head home but decided to stop by the hotel band was stayin at. Met Beta, Dizzy, Tommy, Del, Dj, Ron, Frank, and Richard! Would have met Axl but I would have had to wait till 8pm and I was still feeling the effects and started to head home. Tommy was real nice too me this time :)

Glad to hear your ok!! I ended up right behind you and helped them get ya pulled over the rail.

Man it was just weird because after nightrain I just felt so sick then lost my balance and I was gone. I just put too much stress on me doing the shit I do and not taking care of my self properly ( water, food, sleep ). I just had one thing on my mind and that was front center rocking out.

www.facebook.com/rickdunsford

Pictures from the show and meeting everyone today

The live stream that I watched last night, it sounded awesome for me except for a few rough spots. But I watched the replay today and it sounded completely different in a bad way. I wonder if they had one or more different audio streams and some got good while others got bad last night.

Axl's voice in the replay vid its clipping everytime. Sounds saturated.

Man it was just weird because after nightrain I just felt so sick then lost my balance and I was gone. I just put too much stress on me doing the shit I do and not taking care of my self properly ( water, food, sleep ). I just had one thing on my mind and that was front center rocking out.

Take care of yourself. You won't be able to enjoy yourself at shows in the future without your health.

Ali

Take care of yourself. You won't be able to enjoy yourself at shows in the future without your health.

Ali

Don't know if it Was answered the they're fine guys was the two girls. Nxt to me holding a banner for axl and the Ohio one had people holding a sign that said see you I Ohio i was one of the people that axl shook hands with during better and i caught Richards pick

Damn, no large pictures from this show yet? I'm itching to make this DVD for this show!

I tried to PM you but it said you couldn't receive any more messages. Here is a few pics I took, let me know if you want to use some of them. They aren't the greatest but there is some decent ones.

Gnr Hob album

I might be able to use some of them. If you find any others, it'd be appreciated as well. Thanks :thumbsup:

Damn, no large pictures from this show yet? I'm itching to make this DVD for this show!

I tried to PM you but it said you couldn't receive any more messages. Here is a few pics I took, let me know if you want to use some of them. They aren't the greatest but there is some decent ones.

Gnr Hob album

I might be able to use some of them. If you find any others, it'd be appreciated as well. Thanks :thumbsup:

No problem, I have a bunch more but these were by far the best ones. PM me an email address and I will send you the full size files of whichever ones you want.

Axl was in fact sick. I spoke to beta today for about 15 mins and she said Axl is real sick. Said if there was a show that day he would have to cancel. He was resting trying to get better.

Anyone have Madagascar from live stream on YouTube link?

Yeah, I figured he was sick. Really hope he gets better by Friday!

Also, here ya go:

It's around 1:30 where Axl has his eye on you being taken out of the area.

Axl was in fact sick. I spoke to beta today for about 15 mins and she said Axl is real sick. Said if there was a show that day he would have to cancel. He was resting trying to get better.

Anyone have Madagascar from live stream on YouTube link?

Yeah, I figured he was sick. Really hope he gets better by Friday!

Also, here ya go:

It's around 1:30 where Axl has his eye on you being taken out of the area.

Yes he certainly is watching something going on there. Hope you are much better now - take it easy easy...its so easy baby..:)

Edited by rock4eva