What role does Jarmo have in Guns N Roses

spunko12345

George Chin was they're old photographer, possibly replaced robert john, he's since left and Katrina is now the photographer. She'll come out for a few songs, as will jarmo. Has no one ever asked him what he does? surely that would be easier than talking behind his back? tongue.gif

Edited by Axl_morris

he obviously isn't buying tickets to get into the shows and i wouldn't be shocked if he travels with the band or gets comp'd a place to stay, but he isn't being paid and does not work for the band. he's just a big fan that is friends with the band. u mad bro?

Just want a source for you to back up your claims to understand that as a fact.

I know for a fact he isn't directly paid by the band. At least Jarmo told me himself. Back when in 2010 when I got to attend the GNR after-party at a club in downtown Toronto, I first hung out with Jarmo before ending up at Axl and Sebastian Bach's table (some day I'll tell the whole story of that night as it's pretty epic. But for now, out of respect to the band and management I'll refrain until I feel the timing is right). I asked him if the band covered his costs and what kind of compensation he received for supporting the band the way he did. He told me he does not receive financial support from the band (though he didn't say anything about the band floating the server costs). He's responsible for his airfare at the beginning and end of tours, but they give him tickets to concerts and provide transportation between shows. I know in Toronto he was staying at a different hotel than the band (as he didn't take the limo bus back with us to the band's hotel) so that suggests he pays for his own hotel costs. I was somewhat intoxicated when we talked and this conversation did take place a few years ago so I can't speak to the exact accuracy of this information but I believe it to be the case at that time of our conversation.

George Chin was they're old photographer, possibly replaced robert john, he's since left and Katrina is now the photographer. She'll come out for a few songs, as will jarmo. Has no one ever asked him what he does? surely that would be easier than talking behind his back? tongue.gif

I'm not sure what his role is as photographer (something tells me it's likely an unofficial role). I remember asking him how he affords to follow the band like he does and I think he said something to the effect that he plans his vacation around GNR's tour plans. I believe he works in something that can be done anywhere (like graphic design) but don't quote me on that.

I'm one of the many who migrated over from HTGTH a few years ago as I simply couldn't tolerate how he treated people who offered different opinions than his own. He's a nice guy in person and I honestly think GNR owes the guy a world of gratitude for keeping people interested in the band over the many years they were inactive. The night I partied with him and GNR I also spoke to one of the other mods at HTGTH (I believe his name is Adam, not sure if that's Adz or not) and they both argued that the reason why HTGTH is run the way it is has to do with wanting to support the band. As they see it, they don't understand the concept of being a fan of a band but also criticizing said band. As Adam told me, "Why would I criticize something that I love?" Obviously myself and many other see it differently, but I definitely got a better understanding as to why HTGTH operates the way it does. I honestly think that Jarmo operates HTGTH as a means of supporting the band; the fact that he gets preferential treatment and perks from the band are bonuses.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

He's the photographer along with Katrina and yes he does travel and stay with the band as I've seen him leave on the tour buses. He's more GNR crew than someone who clings on. Look of him more as a guy who updates his forum from within the GNR camp, than a moderator getting lucky for a few shows. I've seen Axl joke around on stage with him so obviously they are on good terms. Perhaps a job was created for him so he can tour with them?

Marc Canter said this in a recent interview about their longtime photographer Robert John:

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2012/04/22/legendary-rock-interview-with-guns-n-roses-insider-and-author-marc-canter/

Not only that but now there were FOUR devils many of the figures in my book that help tell the story became devils to Axl, Tom Zutaut, Vicky Hamilton their old manager who allegedly said something about Axl in the press, Robert John, their longtime photographer who apparently had some altercation and was now off limits with Axl regardless of the fact that they were all there and all important parties in the story who really had nothing but good things to say.

So Axl replaced Robert John with Jarmo?

Fucking lol

I wonder what Robert John did to piss Axl off.

From what I remember, Robert John pissed Axl off by asking to get paid for some photos that he had taken that Axl had in his possession. I think RJ actually sued Axl at one point.

Fucking lol

That is the way it is in GNR.

He fired Azoff/McGee so the house keeper could run the band.

Axl values loyalty over competence and accomplishment/abilty in his employees.

Axl is obviously obsessed with what is said about him on the internet, and so Jarmo is important to him in that he gives Axl a little corner of the internet that he can control. And yes, in Axl's mind he is loyal, but not letting anyone post anything there that is contradictory to Axl's view. I think that's wrong, I wouldn't want to get close to people I admire if I had to kiss ass to do it. Just saying.

I've got nothing against Jarmo, he seems like a decent guy - I've had a few exchanges with him on twitter and I'll sometimes go over to this forum for a read( not a big poster, but you may have realized that!)

During the ucap tour in US earlier this year there was a pic posted on twitter of him ( cant remember if it was his or gnr) organizing the backstages passes for the VIPs - maybe he's worth talking to if you want to meet band?

Edited by kittengirl

Axl is obviously obsessed with what is said about him on the internet,

He's Axl Rose i'm sure he can take shit from random internet folks, I can't see him curling up and crying in the corner cause someone had a tantrum and called him a tosser for not wanting to make songs with slash.

Don't really know the guy, but from what I'm hearing about how he runs his forum, it makes him come off as such a sock puppet.

And it makes Axl and co look bad when they're helping to fund a site that censors criticism of any kind. To be fair though, I do wonder if Jarmo just does that on his own accord, or if Axl and co actually demand or "request" that he does. That is the million dollar question, but either way; Stalin-like censorship on a site Axl and co help fund, and then giving the owner of the site free party passes on a consistent basis paints a shitty picture... :shrugs:

Edited by Bobbo

Fucking lol

That is the way it is in GNR.

He fired Azoff/McGee so the house keeper could run the band.

Axl values loyalty over competence and accomplishment/abilty in his employees.

Beta wasn't just a "housekeeper" - in Brazil she held an executive Secretarial job & when translating Axl's thank you during RIR she mentions the word "Secretary".

You make it sound like she's gone from cleaning floors & bathrooms to management - this is not the case dry.gif

Axl is obviously obsessed with what is said about him on the internet,

He's Axl Rose i'm sure he can take shit from random internet folks, I can't see him curling up and crying in the corner cause someone had a tantrum and called him a tosser for not wanting to make songs with slash.

You would think so, but we've seen him get mad at things that have been said on the Internet, just like he used to get mad at journalists who criticized him. I don't think jarmo would be there if his forum allowed all opinions.

Not sure if it's relevent GNR news - yes, I see the connection you're trying to make.

Guys, please do not have mindless jabs at Jarmo from this forum, as a platform. We do not promote forum wars at any level. I've cleaned a couple of abusive posts up but given the first point I made, if it escaltes into further abuse I'll have no option but to pull it. He's always been really cool with me and he deserves the same respect back.

Thank You.

For the safety of my historic mygnr account, I shall not comment. Thank you.

/SOB

Not sure if it's relevent GNR news - yes, I see the connection you're trying to make.

Guys, please do not have mindless jabs at Jarmo from this forum, as a platform. We do not promote forum wars at any level. I've cleaned a couple of abusive posts up but given the first point I made, if it escaltes into further abuse I'll have no option but to pull it. He's always been really cool with me and he deserves the same respect back.

Thank You.

/SOB

I fucking lol'd. :lol: Not a pot-shot I literally laughed.

Thank You.

/SOB

I fucking lol'd. :lol: Not a pot-shot I literally laughed.

that's a mighty large signature image ya got there, kid!

i'm on moderatin' duty! makin' the 'rounds! make that thing smaller! :drevil:

Jarmo does "whatever they ask him to" to help out. This can involve help moving things, setting up, running out to get coffee, anything. And yeah he doesn't get paid cash but it's basically a long, "all-expenses-paid" vacation.

like an eager intern on a movie set! the American dream