If entire new album was played at 12th show

Apollo

If GnR decided to play the entire new album at the 12th and final show, how much would you pay to attend that show?

Especially if the band had security remove ALL devices that were capable of recording the show. They had locked bags that you would leave your phone/camera in. You couldn't bring either into the actual show.

The band played all 15 new songs.

You got to hear them live.

No recordings were released to the public - in any form. No cell phone shots on youtube. Nothing.

New album scheduled to be released the summer of 2013.

I would pay $500.

(I did this topic as a poll and it got moved to Dont Damn Me. Meaning the response rate would have been about 5% of what it would be by staying in the main GnR forum).

SO THIS ISN"T A POLL............just a question.

Thanks.

Oh!!! And what if Axl came onstage riding on the back of an ACTUAL UNICORN!!! And a rainbow would come through the ceiling of the club and rain chocolate and peppermints onto the crowd! And leprechauns would be on the side of the stage tossing pieces of gold at the audience and big-tittied mermaids would give free BJs to everyone too!! What would you pay to witness THAT totally plausible scenario that could actually happen in this lifetime?

If GnR decided to play the entire new album at the 12th and final show, how much would you pay to attend that show?

Especially if the band had security remove ALL devices that were capable of recording the show. They had locked bags that you would leave your phone/camera in. You couldn't bring either into the actual show.

No recordings were released to the public - in any form. No cell phone shots on youtube. Nothing.

I would pay $500.

(I did this topic as a poll and it got moved to Dont Damn Me. Meaning the response rate would have been about 5% of what it would be by staying in the main GnR forum).

Thanks.

Oh!!! And what if Axl came onstage riding on the back of an ACTUAL UNICORN!!! And a rainbow would come through the ceiling of the club and rain chocolate and peppermints onto the crowd! And leprechauns would be on the side of the stage tossing pieces of gold at the audience and big-tittied mermaids would give free BJs to everyone too!! What would you pay to witness THAT totally plausible scenario that could actually happen in this lifetime?

Weeeeeeeh weeeeeeeeeeh!!!!!!!!!!!

Cry-Baby.gif

Shit, is it your time of the month again dude?

Would be better if he held a listening party after the shows and they picked 10 random people. Odds of that getting bootlegged are zero. Playing the songs live are still not the same as a studio version.

Usually listening parties are free, I think it would be a cool idea for a charity auction though. Getting to hear a finished album before everyone else does? I'd go the auction route and see what the numbers were. My guess is it would be around a few hundred dollars up to a few thousand. For charity and hanging with the band, sky's the limit.

Would be better if he held a listening party after the shows and they picked 10 random people. Odds of that getting bootlegged are zero. Playing the songs live are still not the same as a studio version.

Usually listening parties are free, I think it would be a cool idea for a charity auction though. Getting to hear a finished album before everyone else does? I'd go the auction route and see what the numbers were. My guess is it would be around a few hundred dollars up to a few thousand. For charity and hanging with the band, sky's the limit.

That would be cool as well.

Bands used to actually have listening parties!

I wish Axl wasn't so secretive with his music.

Cry-Baby.gif

Weeeeeeeh???..........I believe you meant WAH?

Urban dictionary

WAH: A subtle cry from a small human. Can often result from bad news or disappointment

Boy: "I can't go to the mountains"

Girl: "Wah I miss you"

Back on topic I would not pay over face value.......

Edited by classicrawker

Actually, it IS. Finally someone noticed! I'm just so cranky from all these cramps and the thick flow of clumpy brown menstrual blood oozing out of my moist vagina.

The only thing that helps is posting to this site. You're such a dear....thank you for your concern!

I would pay $500.

Thanks.

Someone had to do it. :tongue2:

If this were pre-Chinese Democracy, I would have paid a lot. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy Chinese Democracy, but before its release, I really had no idea what the new album was going to sound like and if Axl still had it in him. Chinese Democracy answered a lot of those questions. It was an enjoyable album that I'll listen to once in awhile, but I no longer feel the hunger that I once did for new material. Again, not a indictment of Chinese Democracy, but for me, the mystery is gone. Couple with the fact that I'm skeptical that Ron and DJ are equals to Buckethead and Finck. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. Now if the classic lineup reformed and recorded a new album, I might be a bit more tempted. UYI1&2 are my favourite GNR albums, would have loved to hear what the follow up would have been.

So to answer your question, I'd pay the typical ticket price.

Then I'd accuse him of ripping off Elton John's concerts

Cry-Baby.gif

Weeeeeeeh???..........I believe you meant WAH?

Urban dictionary

WAH: A subtle cry from a small human. Can often result from bad news or disappointment

Boy: "I can't go to the mountains"

Girl: "Wah I miss you"

Back on topic I would not pay over face value.......

Urban Dictionary, really?

I've never heard a baby go ''WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH''. But ok dude. :awesomeface:

About £100? I'm a big fan but the current setlist excites me just as much as the thought of hearing new material. It would be cool to hear but you wouldn't know the songs, you wouldn't remember them when you left, you wouldn't know what's coming and any cool solo's you can't quite get into on a first listen. No song is your favourite on the first listen.

I'd pay more to hear 15 songs that they have released and that they have never played/rarely played.

Like TWAT, DEAD HORSE, IRS, Sailing, Prostitute, Breakdown, ...ect

Edited by Axl_morris

Then I'd accuse him of ripping off Elton John's concerts

Post of the thread.